• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Hitch noooooo

In 5 months there'll be nobody left in here but Killer and Clegg posting Gundogan holiday pics trying to sniff for clues that he likes United.

Lol, so Hitcher was banned and unbanned in the 20 minutes I was away?

Obviously, such a player does not exist.

I've heard that his finishing is particularly dismal, in a 'he'll never be very good at it' way rather than 'we can teach him, we have the technology' way
That's the impression I got as well. He missed 4-5 great chances in one of our legs against Basel. Makes Kerzhakov seem clinical.

GorillaJu

DiMarzio reporting Chelsea now offering Basel €15 million for Salah.

I'm starting to think DiMarzio is just fishing for hits at this point, but regardless, it shows yet again just how fucking inept we are at closing deals.

We aren't cautious in the transfer market, we're arrogant. We assume deals will eventually come round to being what we want them to be, and it will all be ok. No one will dare try and take our widely-reported targets.

Fucks sake...

It's easy to get frustrated but if we think a player is only worth X amount we'll only pay what we value him at.

We aren't Chelsea or City.

Scum

Can't remember, wasn't much cheaper than RRP iirc. I'd personally go for W7, but I bow to kharma's greater knowledge

Okay.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA just read the results. Mata is going to destroy whatever little value he has and, for fucks sake, just admit Adnan is a fuckin useless twat that can't even carry his team over Sunderland.

"Adnan is the new Ronaldo" haha, if Ronaldo was paralyzed from the waist down, sure.

edit: jesus, people falling for doicare's bait. when will you learn?

No one will learn, Lambda. No one!

wLYdxUC.png

9JWdDGe.png

LKZHhqu.png

Robocop is GOAT

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA just read the results. Mata is going to destroy whatever little value he has and, for fucks sake, just admit Adnan is a fuckin useless twat that can't even carry his team over Sunderland.

"Adnan is the new Ronaldo" haha, if Ronaldo was paralyzed from the waist down, sure

edit: jesus, people falling for doicare's bait. when will you learn?

BUT HE'S 18!! EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES!!!! HE'LL LEARN FROM THIS EXPERIENCE!!

Not really sure why some are calling Adnan shit, when he was easily United's brightest player tonight (not saying much I know...)

Had major involvement in both goals, an amazing pass to Hernandez on the counter and was generally everywhere tonight.

Yeah, he wasted a few shots but I'd put that down to him being a young player in the heat of the moment than some talent flaw.

Kid is great and it's players like him that Moyes should build the team around, not try and meld everyone into a rigid stew.

Was nice to see Chica redeem himself after the earlier miss too, guy was clearly running on reserves all through extra time but showed effort.

pulga

Banned
you guys have been blinded by the shit and somehow have fooled yourselves into believing januzaj's good.

he's just the less smelly turd.

BUT HE'S 18!! EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES!!!! HE'LL LEARN FROM THIS EXPERIENCE!!

you know what? real talk.

all this bullshit praise is clearly getting to his head. he's 19 and he's already a legendary diver. and with kids like this, if the reality doesn't match the idea he has of himself as a player he's gonna crumble under his own pressure sooner than later.

journos are essentially telling this kid is amazing and putting him at a level so high that if in a couple of seasons he doesn't win anything, he'll self-destruct. especially without Fergie at the helm, who'd do a much better job at protecting and guiding him along the way.

and just like Lambda predicted, he'll be wasting away in a mid-table La Liga side or Serie A in a couple of years, another one who didn't reach his true potential cause everyone one around him did nothing to stop the massive ego, formed from buying into his own hype.

Scum

it really is. love the '80s.
Fucking waste of space of a remake. Looks bland and soulless. I need to have an 80s & 90s action movie weekend sometime soon.

you guys have been blinded by the shit and somehow have fooled yourselves into believing januzaj's good.

he's just the less smelly turd.

you know what? real talk.

all this bullshit praise is clearly getting to his head. he's 19 and he's already a legendary diver. and with kids like this, if the reality doesn't match the idea he has of himself as a player he's gonna crumble under his own pressure sooner than later.

journos are essentially telling this kid is amazing and putting him at a level so high that if in a couple of seasons he doesn't win anything, he'll self-destruct. especially without Fergie at the helm, who'd do a much better job at protecting and guiding him along the way.

and just like Lambda predicted, he'll be wasting away in a mid-table La Liga side or Serie A in a couple of years, another one who didn't reach his true potential cause everyone one around him did nothing to stop the massive ego, formed from buying into his own hype.

Dat pulga/Lambda one-two.

Dibbz

Just caught up with the result. Could only stay and watch the 90.

hahahahahhahahahahhahahahahah

>Moyes

>6

hahahahhaahahahha

Chelsea's willingness to allow Juan Mata to join Manchester United for £37 million is part of a long-term strategy to try to land Everton's young star Ross Barkley. Even though a deal for Mata should be completed quickly, there is little chance of Chelsea immediately using the money to sign Barkley, who is out injured with a broken toe

Jose Mourinho's side wouldn't be able to sign Barkley and then loan him back to Everton, as Romelu Lukaku is already on loan from the club. The only way a Barkley signing could be made official in January is if Chelsea were to take him from Everton immediately, or to come to an agreement that sees Romelu Lukaku recalled. With Everton very much in the hunt for a Champions League place, those scenarios seem highly unlikely.

First part from Telegraph, second from a Chelsea blog. This sounds excellent!

Hixx

The Don outshone a keeper who is 'worth' 10x more than him

OOOOOOOOH VITO MANNONE

Ticket news tomorrow, excited ;£

ATF487

I was doing some scouting on Basel last season before we played them in Europa so I watched a few of their Swiss league games actually( don't judge me, Russian League was on break)! I've probably watched him play ~10 times total.

I guess we'll see who's right if you guys get him. I don't think he's much of an improvement on Sterling, myself.

I sort of thought he'd play with Sterling. LFC's fullbacks have been woeful recently and having two decent wide players would give the team some tactical flexibility and the possibility to do some striker rotation

honestly though I'd be fine not getting him if it meant getting a Lucas replacement

arkon

Kagawa had heaps of goals and assists before joining United too. Who knows if Mata is suitable for the clank.

Kagawa had no experience playing in the PL though. Doesn't mean Mata will be a success, mind, but I guess it's better than relying on Young, Nani or Valencia to conjure something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom