• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBoss

BcL-ch8CUAESFe5.png

Whats considered a key pass?

There was a good piece about him on ESPN. It said he just wears down teams and I have noticed that a lot. He is just a constant and he will eventually find a pass to unlock a team.

The pass completion stat is misleading for him because all those incomplete passes are high risk that other players are too scared to pull off

@BigBoss. A key pass is a pass that lead to a shot.

bjaelke

PSG how??? They recently playes a friendly in Doha against RM. I am guessing Qatar pay them 100 million a friendly or something.

UEFA are a joke with FFP
They know how to steer clear of the FFP.
Le Parisien reported on Thursday morning that the club will receive 150million euros (£122million) from the QTA this season - and, retroactively, for last season - and that the figure will rise to 200million euros (£163million) by the final season of the deal in 2015-16.

The deal, which is thought to also contain bonus payments based on European performance, is not based on sponsorship of the club or naming rights for the Parc des Princes but is being viewed as a publicity campaign "to promote the image of Qatar".

Jack cw

Who's a better buy btw, Mata or Ozil?

They are both great. I think it depends how the players are used and positioned into the team. I'd pick Özil because he is always good for that Zidane moment, where he puts out a deadly pass out of nowehre that often decides matches. If it wasnt for his lazyness sometimes.

I'm still shocked Mata is gonna happen.

Wonder if Woody is eyeing up more business?

He's getting the hang of it now.

Time to get Mata in your fantasy football teams.

Lightning

Banned
They are both great. I think it depends how the players are used and positioned into the team. I'd pick Özil because he is always good for that Zidane moment, where he puts out a deadly pass out of nowehre that often decides matches. If it wasnt for his lazyness sometimes.
Not only Özil's passes though he creates space for other players too. Ramsey and Wilshere especially get much more room when Özil is playing compared to when he isn't.

For Arsenal he will only get better, that's what people don't realise. I'm not going to get involved in a Mata vs Özil comparison as I think it's pointless but I'd much rather Özil in my team personally. Oh and Mata can be pretty lazy too.

wedward

Still laugh my ass off at the Özil vs Eriksen comparison earlier in the Season. Funny shit.

It has all become boring.

The laziness criticism is so laughable at this point. Ozil is consistently top 3 on Arsenal in km covered. Only behind players like Ramsey and Flamini who don't stop running for 90 minutes.

Walshy

Who's a better buy btw, Mata or Ozil?
On paper, Mata mainly because of his versatility to play all across the front three. There is little difference between them on terms of ability.

However, Ozil has been brilliant for Arsenal, and you can't underestimate the type of impact he has had on them. I'll be surprised if Mata has the same effect on this United side.

Lightning

Banned
It has all become boring.

The laziness criticism is so laughable at this point. Ozil is consistently top 3 on Arsenal in km covered. Only behind players like Ramsey and Flamini who don't stop running for 90 minutes.
Laughable is not he word I use to describe it. But just typical football GAF. You will get a handful of users who post objective criticism of other teams, especially ones they have a grudge against for whatever reason, the rest I just skip their posts.

On another note, who do you think will play against Coventry?

phaze

2 days ago I didn't think Mata to United was even possible. Respect Moysey. It will be harder to cheer against Manure with him in their midst. Kind of hoping this will bite Mou's ass at some point.

I see I missed some major lols yesterday. Off to the highlights I go.

sohois

Laughable is not he word I use to describe it. But just typical football GAF. You will get a handful of users who post objective criticism of other teams, especially ones they have a grudge against for whatever reason, the rest I just skip their posts.

I've always taken the Ozil stuff as pure sarcasm from posters, I'm surprised Arsenal fans don't see it that way. Taken it seriously is pretty much the same as listening to doicare for rational United analysis,

GHG

I'd like to see this:

-------------Fabianski-------------
Jenks---Mert----Hayden----Gibbs
---------Zelalem-----Dench-------------
Gnabry------Chamberlain------Podolski
----------------Bendtner----------------

Lightning

Banned
I'd like to see this:

No. Hell no.

We need to take this match seriously. Turn into another Blackburn.

GHG

No. Hell no.

We need to take this match seriously. Turn into another Blackburn.

That side should be good enough to beat them. Ye of little faith.

No need to risk a lot of our 1st teamers when our squad is so thin and we have a heavy schedule coming up over the next 2 months.

Lightning

Banned
That side should be good enough to beat them. Ye of little faith.
The sides we put out against Blackburn and Bradford should have been enough to beat them. Painful, really painful.

Either way we better take this game seriously and not be Arselol.

GHG

The sides we put out against Blackburn and Bradford should have been enough to beat them. Painful, really painful.

Either way we better take this game seriously and not be Arselol.

We'd soon become Arselol if we came out of that game with 2 or 3 injuries to key 1st teamers.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wonder if we throw Mata right into the games, not sure we have a choice honestly, but is he really match fit?

GHG

Ramsey is back. Everything is good again and we didn't drop a single point in his absence.

Not quite yet, Wenger said he wont be available for Coventry, his recovery is taking a little longer than expected.

But yeh, can't wait to see him back in the team.

I'd like to see this:

I'd like to see that team as well. Then we can get into double figures.

sohois

An Arsenal side featuring Jenkinson, Ox, Frimpong and Zelalem lost 4-2 to Liverpool u21s, containing no first team players. Arsenal would probably need a bit more experience than that team

phaze

I've always taken the Ozil stuff as pure sarcasm from posters, I'm surprised Arsenal fans don't see it that way. Taken it seriously is pretty much the same as listening to doicare for rational United analysis,

Eh I think that for many posters, the general sentiment of "Ozil is lazy and disappears in big matches" is a genuine one. That seems to be a kind of consensus among Real fans even if its exaggerated a bit. Perhaps its just my sarcasm detector being broken.

Oh dear that Bardsley goal for 1-1.
KuGsj.gif

Good man. Making the trip down? You guys should just forget about trying to get te train back up after the game. Go party hard in London then get the 1st train back up on saturday morning.

I'm not going but apparently they're arranging an additional train service to cope with demand after the game. It really was stupid to pick this game to play on friday night. It's going to be hard enough for fans to even make the start. Clarke hat-trick.

Lightning

Banned
I'd like to see that team as well. Then we can get into double figures.
That team is ok and should win but remove Chamberlain for Rosciky, remove Dench for Flamini and I think it's even better.

Cazorla, Özil, Giroud and co on the bench to ensure we get our 6 goals.

L1NETT

Good man. Making the trip down? You guys should just forget about trying to get te train back up after the game. Go party hard in London then get the 1st train back up on saturday morning.

Anyone got a spare grand lying bout

Come on you Sky Blues. John Fleck and Clarke to win it.

Friday night is such a dumb time to play it too.

Yes Lightning 6-0 seems totally reasonable. Just like 6-0 vs Blackburn/Bradford/Birmingham did.

Lightning

Banned
Anyone got a spare grand lying bout

Come on you Sky Blues. John Fleck and Clarke to win it.

Friday night is such a dumb time to play it too.

Yes Lightning 6-0 seems totally reasonable. Just like 6-0 vs Blackburn/Bradford/Birmingham did.
I never said 6-0 I said 6 Goals. Just like the last time we played these chumps.

And your treachery won't go unnoticed. I.shall savour Bradford's next loss and ultimate failure to get into the playoffs!

I never said 6-0 I said 6 Goals. Just like the last time we played these chumps.

And your treachery won't go unnoticed. I.shall savour Bradford's next loss and ultimate failure to get into the playoffs!

Oy! We've got a better team this time and we're in better form. It won't be as easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom