• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

We are.

We have been in first for the majority of the season, and we are looking good. We keep doing what we have been doing and I don't see why we shouldn't be considered favourites.

We keep our key players healthy and things look good the rest of the season.

Bear in mind that your run in is fucking horriffic. If you're still in the FA cup/CL in March you're guaranteed to drop points. Even City and Chelsea with their depth would get bitch slapped a few times with those fixtures.

By that logic, shouldnt City be the favorites since they finished 2nd?

Nope, I do it more out of courtesy and respect for the Champs. Just like I view Spain favourites for the WC and Munich for the CL, because everyone is trying to replicate what they did.

Bear in mind that your run in is fucking horriffic. If you're still in the FA cup/CL in March you're guaranteed to drop points. Even City and Chelsea with their depth would get bitch slapped a few times with those fixtures.

I hope we can make deep runs, players buzz off winning and progressing. You play 19 teams twice a season. I have never really thought it mattered what order you play them in.

Fergie

Banned
@Squawka: Arsene Wenger on whether Arsenal will sign anyone in Jan: "It looks very unlikely. It is January 23 and we are not close to doing anything."
Hijack the Mata transfer.

Well hopefully Arsenal don't get any injuries before the run-in...

pappe

Nope, I do it more out of courtesy and respect for the Champs. Just like I view Spain favourites for the WC and Munich for the CL, because everyone is trying to replicate what they did.
So you considered Chelsea favourites for UCL when they won UCL yet finished 6th in the league?

So you considered Chelsea favourites for UCL when they won UCL yet finished 6th in the league?

Yes, everyone was trying to win it off them. There was no reason that they couldn't have done it again. Except they came up against the mghty Juve.

Edit: it is why i didnt consider anyone favourites in the Europa League at the start.

Fergie

Banned
Zl8BXqn.jpg

Wes

venison crêpe
@JohnSinnott 1m

La Gazzetta dello Sport reporting PSG have offered $95m for Juve midfielder Paul Pogba. No quotes though.

Essien's agents are currently in Milan, some journalists say that he could sign for us in a few days. Not exactly who we need, but whatever, since we already decided that we can fuck up this season for some reason and nobody seem to care except for the fans.

Well, we do need a backup DM to De Jong, especially if Seedorf will continue playing with two holding midfielders. If are starters are De Jong/Monto and are backups are Essien/Cristante, it's not that bad. If Essien comes, it probably means the end of Muntari, which is an amazing thing.

I still think we need a pacier player to play alongside De Jong, but that will have to be a more significant purchase and I guess it would come in the summer.

Hixx

LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

The rare away game I've went to over the last 3 seasons (like twice I think
KuGsj.gif
) we put them both on my dad's season card so he got loyalty points, I've got zero. Which means I am going to miss out on the £40 tickets
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
£76 ffs.

pappe

Yes, everyone was trying to win it off them. There was no reason that they couldn't have done it again. Except they came up against the mghty Juve.

Edit: it is why i didnt consider anyone favourites in the Europa League at the start.
Good. I guess its safe to ignore your posts and opinions from now in.

Good. I guess its safe to ignore your posts and opinions from now in.

Why were they not favourites? That side that stank up the league managed to win the whole thing despite finishing 6th.

You can say Barca had a better squad and should have been favourites, but the simple truth was Chelsea were the champions. Their squad delivered the trophy, not anybody else's.

I don't like Chelsea, but I respected what they did.

Just like people saying Spain are not the favourites. Pls. that side are the World Champs and two times European champs. It is theirs to lose.

TeddyBoy

Essien's agents are currently in Milan, some journalists say that he could sign for us in a few days. Not exactly who we need, but whatever, since we already decided that we can fuck up this season for some reason and nobody seem to care except for the fans.

He's there to replace De Jong when you loan him to Liverpool ;)

GHG

Genuinely taken aback by this, lol.

I want John Cross's take.

We need to be taking advantage by loaning players out across the premiership. Gnabry to Everton, Bendtner to Newcastle, etc etc.

Wenger needs to learn to play the game, not be played.

They should bite PSG's hand off quickly. Pogba has 2 years left on his deal? and he has that kunt of an agent Raiola. Dunno if his value is going to get any higher.

I do think they should deal, but they need Verratti. Pirlo is in decline and he needs to be replaced. If they sell Pogba then they lose an incredible player for them and still have an ageing Pirlo with no replacement.

They get Verratti and then at least they have their Pirlo replacement for the next decade and 40-50m in the bank to improve the squad.

BeqjyF4CcAEFmM_.jpg:large

PSG making a mockery of FFP by claiming to have the highest 'commercial' revenue in the world.

:lol

Man City too.

I am surprised that Chelsea's isn't higher. I walk into any store in Korea and I can buy chelsea nuts, coffee, and even crisps that I found today. Yet to see Chelsea toilet paper here, but I do own United toilet paper. I would love to rotate between the two.

Wes

venison crêpe
Okore just retweeted this:

@bsb_1979 1h
@C_Clark_6 only another month with this shite of a defender then @JoresOkore is back!! #AVFC retweet!

L1NETT

Hixx fuck wembley. Too expensive, and the I thought goin south of Sheffield made you queasy? :)

Plus the stadium is shite. Massive speakers blaring Swedish house mafia and the corporate wankers upstairs. Go late is my advice.

Enjoy it though if you can get tixx

You got tonked by City, drew with Chelsea. You are going to lose to one of them again and that will be the end. You couldn't even beat Moyes.

There are 19 other teams in the league. You don't win or lose the league by playing against two teams
Unless it is Spain.

After all it is not like Chelsea or City are going to win every remaining game.

Edit: Also people seem to forgot that we have the most points over the last 12 months.

Ashsturm

While the Mata situation is obviously quite different as it is a permanent transfer it does need to be considered in the context that Everton, Liverpool and Manchester United have been strengthened by City/Chelsea in a way that only impacts their rivals and not themselves. Mourinho has been pretty brazen about the loaning of Lukaku to Chelsea and if those two are going to continue stockpiling players then there should be some restriction on their ability to loan them to Premier League clubs

Jarnet87

I do think they should deal, but they need Verratti. Pirlo is in decline and he needs to be replaced. If they sell Pogba then they lose an incredible player for them and still have an ageing Pirlo with no replacement.

They get Verratti and then at least they have their Pirlo replacement for the next decade and 40-50m in the bank to improve the squad.

Does not matter you take the deal. PSG do not have to give up Verratti because they don't give a fuck about money. The owners could not care less and would just have him rot on the bench like players at City. If PSG really offered that much you take the money and run, that can build a whole team for Juventus lol.

How do Bayern have a higher commercial revenue than United and Barca? That one doesnt seem right to me either.

More (dedicated) fans. Fans have to pay less for tickets, so there's more money left for kits and stuff. Also commercial deals with the biggest German companies.

They signed a new deal with Deutsche Telekom recently. Probably what put them ahead.

Winning the Champions League helps a lot.

Hixx

£76 to see your team get smashed :lol

Phil-Bardsley-011.jpg

"smashed"

pls we are the killer of teams in the top half

Hixx fuck wembley. Too expensive, and the I thought goin south of Sheffield made you queasy? :)

Plus the stadium is shite. Massive speakers blaring Swedish house mafia and the corporate wankers upstairs. Go late is my advice.

Enjoy it though if you can get tixx

It does, I already feel annoyed that I have to go to London. But I've not been to the new Wembley, only the old one.. and y'know, Sunderland are in the final of a cup. I kind of have to go.

Salazar

While the Mata situation is obviously quite different as it is a permanent transfer it does need to be considered in the context

Because it's quite different, it doesn't need to be considered in that context. Wenger is chatting Rafa-level shite.

You'd get no argument from anyone sane about Chelsea's loans being absurd. But a lot of these managers who will pontificate about fairness will turn around and lobby to be allowed to field B teams in the championship.

K1LLER7

"Juan Mata can't sign his 5-year contract with Manchester United, because all their pens are shit."

Lol

Wonder what will happen with FK's and corners now. Mata is a pretty good FK taker yet I can't see RVP/Rooney stepping aside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom