• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transfer ban?

Nope. This is a civil commercial matter.

A third party has been done out of a decent percentage of Neymar's transfer fee by the way Barca have structured the transfer payments in small chunks to various other third parties connected with Neymar or Santos.

I don't believe they've breached any UEFA rules, however.

Messi

A third party has been done out of a decent percentage of Neymar's transfer fee by the way Barca have structured the transfer payments in small chunks to various other third parties connected with Neymar or Santos.

Yeah. The club and Rosell just come out of this looking like shitheads. Rosell might be fucked though.

Zabojnik

@JohnSinnott 1m

La Gazzetta dello Sport reporting PSG have offered $95m for Juve midfielder Paul Pogba. No quotes though.

320swyu40407.gif

Sell him RIGHT NOW.

Didn't see this however:

Barca admit paying €10m to Neymar’s father in 2011 to ensure that the player would chose the Catalans over Real Madrid, who also wanted to sign him.

Given that the player was contracted to another club, that’s an infringement of FIFA regulations.

Not sure what the sanctions would be there.

Surely there has to be something about involving third parties and how clubs structures payments.

edit: just saw the pre-contract post.

22 point deduction and 2 year Champions League ban I think someone posted. They are lucky it's 22 points and not instant relegation.

That would be harsh. I would love to see them relegated and see if Messi is a del Piero or an Ibra

Monolith's LOTR game looks really good. Some really interesting mechanics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl9J_ewx3Rg

I think we quietly added an extra year on like we did with JJ and Gomes in the past, they all have a clause in there.

It's a big 5 months for Younes, hopefully he's built up a good level of fitness to avoid any more strains. If he stays fit he will get into the team, no doubt about that. He was world class in 11/12.

AVB did not take his injury seriously enough, he threw him in far too quickly. Starting him away at City was just idiotic.

Hopefully they take/took the option. It would be good to get someone young in this summer that can eventually take his place in the side. They looked at Jedvaj and Lacelles last year so it's obviously a concern. Baldini should be able to identify someone if he's still around.

Mastadon

Banned
According to BR, we have 15 players capable of training, and no imminent transfers.

Someone needs to lose their job over this.

Absolute farce, how can we be this reluctant to spend considering the position we're in?

So fucking frustrating, how are we meant to compete?

scummy cunts Barcelona, everyone involved in that club is shady as fuck. Messi should be happy though, Neymar is cut from the same cloth he is.

Zabojnik

You want to forever be stuck in Europa League?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure selling Pogba at an insane price and having that money reinvested would greatly benefit our squad. Amazing as Pogba is, he's just one player and it's not like he's our Messi or anything. We only do these kind of sells once or twice per decade and that's how it's always been.

Wenger showing his voyeuristic self again.

Yesterday he also said "I am surprised. Juan Mata is a great player and they sell a great player to a direct opponent."

Is he a self parody? He sold Van Persie to United a year ago himself.

Absolute farce, how can we be this reluctant to spend considering the position we're in?

Its ridiculous

If B-Rod doesn't want to spend, he's an idiot. Best chance for top 4 we've had at this point in 5 years, and we won't buy the clearly necessary signings to keep our noses ahead of Everton, Spurs and Man Utd

If FSG are unwilling to make money available, then they are not good enough owners. They must be able to see that depth is the key to the remainder of the season. Lucas' injury alone may well fuck us, and that's before even thinking of the other injuries

If our scouts/Ayre are proving to be a roadblock, replace them. They've had half a season to find some targets and put the feelers out.

Feorax

We're done for the window. It's so obvious Salah was our only real target, and we've been cunts again by dithering over Basel's take it or leave it price.

For reference, in the January under Kenny where we didn't spend, we were 2 points of 4th. We then proceeded to implode, partly due to our lack of depth, and it's remembered as one of our worst seasons. We just don't learn...

Carbonox

Wenger showing his voyeuristic self again.

Yesterday he also said "I am surprised. Juan Mata is a great player and they sell a great player to a direct opponent."

Is he a self parody? He sold Van Persie to United a year ago himself.

Man Utd weren't a direct opponent to Arsenal, just as Man Utd aren't a direct opponent to Chelsea.

hehehehehheehehee

LegoArmo

I think Mourinho learned from his time at Inter that selling your best players to league rivals is the totally hip thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom