• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

I thought they broke some UEFA rules or something paying off people in order to get Neymar to join Barca.

I've been slightly avoiding this thread since the Mata mention.

oh my hahaha

j4RaTqv.png

Need a basic understanding of spanish for that one. another golden one <3
jajajajajajajajaja

FootballFan

Even more confused. By not paying tax on the transfer?

Nah no one knows exactly what's happened /happening. Kiraly is just trolling atm.

There were payments and agreements with neygod before the signing was made and negotiated with santos, that's the main issue, I think.

Meier

Does anyone actually understand the Neymar scandal? Is this board member meant to have nicked money, or Barca, I dont get it. <Thick>

Disregarding any potential tax implications, Barcelona is owned by its club members (socios) technically. Their Board of Directors is meant to represent their interests. Because this is a publicly owned club, they need to disclose their spending -- by steadfastly saying Neymar cost X but spending Y (which in this case is significantly higher than X), they're breaking the law by misleading their shareholders/owners.

LegoArmo

I don't think he's even started 80% of the games so far.

Tbh though, not like we have anyone else to pick.

Feel like Mata is a "Adnan is only 18, take some pressure off him" and "Rooney can play striker if van Persie is injured" kind of signing. Just gives United a few more options.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
kagawa-powell_2794531.jpg

Double unveiling Monday, book it

Lets hope for a repeat of these fine fellows :s

rodvik

Barcelona is owned by its club members (socios) technically. Their Board of Directors is meant to represent their interests. Because this is a publicly owned club, they need to disclose their spending -- by steadfastly saying Neymar cost X but spending Y (which in this case is significantly higher than X), they're breaking the law and misleading their shareholders/owners.

Nah no one knows exactly what's happened /happening. Kiraly is just trolling atm.

There were payments and agreements with neygod before the signing was made and negotiated with santos, that's the main issue, I think.

Barca is paying taxes for half that undisclosed 100+ million.

babies are starving

women are selling their bodies

despicable beyond belief

K thanks all. I think I get it.

Linius

basically, mata means "kill" in spanish, so its:

Mou: PEPE KILL! with a huge satisfactory grin on his face
Mou: JUAN, KILL! but is clearly unhappy because Mata's like "derp derp you called chief?"

so he's off to the moyes boys

sheesh that took the fun out of everything lol

A clown just died. Great.

Kiraly

Rosell is accused of having misappropriated funds from the signing of Neymar.

Basically cooking the books, which is a big fucking crime that you can do serious time for.

Feel like Mata is a "Adnan is only 18, take some pressure off him" and "Rooney can play striker if van Persie is injured" kind of signing. Just gives United a few more options.

I don't really know where he will fit in but he is just too good a player to pass up on on.

However there is clearly some desperation here. After turning Ozil down in the summer it doesn't make too much sense to now want Mata.

Not complaining though. As you say Januzaj is playing too much and Mata will offer a precision in the final third which no other player in our squad has.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is it true that Salah is an anti-Semite?

Saw some interesting videos of him refusing to shake hands with Jewish players, not sure there is any teeth to the claims though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't get it

if you're rich as fuck, and a president of a football club

why would you go out of your way to do something like this?

ego?

it happens all the time, and I'll never get it.

Is it true that Salah is an anti-Semite?

Anti-Zionist

Clegg

Doron Salomon &#8207;@DoronSalomon 1m

Lol what? RT @ChevroletFC Welcome to #MUFC, striker Juan #Mata. What does everyone think of this transfer?

Someone at Chevy fucked up. Tweet already deleted.

Is the stuff about Salah based on him refusing to shake the hands of the players of that Israeli club or did something else happen after that?

It bugs me that Celtic only got around £6m for Ki. His technical ability and class has always been apparent, but he was considered below Wanyama, Brown, Ledley and Kayal at Celtic.

Still very young, physically perfect for football, and a lot of Premier League fans have noticed him this season.

Rumoured attitude problems, though.

Those problems only pertain to Korea. In the national team he said crap about the manager (their Allegri) on facebook where only a couple of friends could interact with him. He also divided the team into two. He saw the domestic players as lesser than the players who were playing abroad.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2014%2f1%2fJanuzaj-Top-Image.jpg

After just 16 Premier League games, one of the starkest aspects of the 18-year-old&#8217;s rise has been how he so brightly stands out amidst the United attack. In a David Moyes team that rather predictably tends to push every single move out to the wing for an orthodox cross in, Januzaj is currently the only player offering any variation, any spark. To put it somewhat bluntly, he thinks outside the box - or, in this case, the rigid template.

For one, Januzaj will move between the lines and actually attempt to beat a man, creating more space that way. A sudden jink away will open up an entire area of the pitch. The Brussels-born attacker attempts more dribbles per game (1.9) than any other player in the United team except Nani, but the Portuguese has played just eight games. The younger attacker is also 15th in the Premier League as a whole in terms of taking on a defender.

At the end of those dribbles, Januzaj is also more productive and imaginative than most of Moyes&#8217; other picks. He tries more shots per game (2.1) than anyone except the two stars in Van Persie (3) and Rooney (3.2), and tries the most through balls in the squad, at 0.3 per match.

The rigidness of United&#8217;s present approach does not apply to Januzaj. Reflecting that, there is the ridiculous number of times he is unfairly impeded. This, for all the accusations of diving, is one case where the perceptions are true. Moyes and United have a right to feel aggrieved at the treatment of their young player. At 2.8 per game, Januzaj is fouled more than anyone in the Premier League except Eden Hazard, and his compatriot is only marginally ahead on 2.9. It is testament to the fact opposition defences have already worked out that, if you stop Januzaj, you&#8217;ll likely stop the current United.

Juan Mata can&#8217;t arrive quickly enough to complement him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom