• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Times say Carrick may be out for a month and that Moyes isn't finished in the transfer market.

I know we keep calling him our only decent midfielder but he's actually been pretty fucking shit since he came back from injury, which leaves us with a sum total of 0 in form CMs.

Fergie

Banned
Been doing some quality muppetwork. Wayne Rooney only follows footballers he plays, or has played with. He hasn't tweeted since Christmas, and he just logged in today to follow Mata
Jakec - Redcafe

Good as confirmed lads, cocks out, feel that refreshing wind.

Feorax

Sounds like Glen Johnson has been badly injured for a long time, but according to Tony Barrett we couldn't do anything else but play him until Flanagan was fit again.

The "indefinite" layoff suggests he's fucked. Think that's him done for the season.

pulga

Banned
remember Cleff and Unitedgaf

every time he scores for you

every time he assists for you

every time he breathes for you

MataNegredoCastilla10.jpg%3Fimgmax%3D800

you've got us to thank <3

Walshy

Sounds like Glen Johnson has been badly injured for a long time, but according to Tony Barrett we couldn't do anything else but play him until Flanagan was fit again.

The "indefinite" layoff suggests he's fucked. Think that's him done for the season.
Yet, we haven't signed a right back and loaned our best prospect out.

Good job, Ayre and co.

Clegg

I know we keep calling him our only decent midfielder but he's actually been pretty fucking shit since he came back from injury, which leaves us with a sum total of 0 in form CMs.

To give a serious response, I've no clue what we're gonna do. Any pairing we put out for the next month is gonna be crap. It probably would've been crap even with Carrick because, like you've said, he's been so poor. Maybe that's why we're hearing reports of Moyes not being done in the transfer market?

GorillaJu

Just read an article about this.

Yikes. Feel really bad for the guy now especially as I've been so frustrated with his poor form.

Jarnet87

Tough year for Carrick, and agreed he hasn't been playing near the form he was from last year or two. Reminds of the 2009-2010 season for him. I think thats when he had problems with his achilles.

LTWheels

Yikes. Feel really bad for the guy now especially as I've been so frustrated with his poor form.

I've had a feeling for a while that he had not recovered from the United injury. Such a difference in his performance levels since he returned.

I don't know if this is true, but I remember reading earlier today that apparently Kelly's leg swells up after he plays, and they don't know what is causing it. If true, goes to help explain why Johnson has been forced to play injured.

This from Twitter. Interesting comparison.

BesPIriIQAAv5uW.jpg

I've seen alot of people post this comparison over the past couple of weeks as though it's surprising.

Sterling is a fucking great talent playing in a better team, fitting into a functioning system with more experience under his belt.

Adnan is better tho.

Feorax

I'm the same, although to be fair, it's unbelievable that the club would play a player that badly injured.

I'm trying not to be a negative cunt, honestly, but given how close we are to getting back in the CL, there's proper alarm bells going off in my head. Really want the club to make me look like a tit for worrying.

Edit: apparebtly Allen has had a setback ad well, so we're stuck with the midfield that played against Villa for a while...

Clegg

Most of tomorrows papers have the same United story about the Glazer's prepared to give Moyes time to build his own squad and the funds to do it.

Telegraph also says we may be in for Guarin.

Meier

I've seen alot of people post this comparison over the past couple of weeks as though it's surprising.

Sterling is a fucking great talent playing in a better team, fitting into a functioning system with more experience under his belt.

Adnan is better tho.

I don't disagree with anything you've said. Was still surprising to see how strikingly similar their stats are and obviously how Sterling is ahead in most of them. Even though I think he's an incredible prospect, it feels like Adnan is notably better but that may be in part since he's been surrounded by pretty weak teammates for such a long spell due to Rooney and RVP being injured.

GorillaJu

I've had a feeling for a while that he had not recovered from the United injury. Such a difference in his performance levels since he returned.

I don't know if this is true, but I remember reading earlier today that apparently Kelly's leg swells up after he plays, and they don't know what is causing it. If true, goes to help explain why Johnson has been forced to play injured.

Our squad is looking dangerously thin at the moment.

I'm the same, although to be fair, it's unbelievable that the club would play a player that badly injured.

I'm trying not to be a negative cunt, honestly, but given how close we are to getting back in the CL, there's proper alarm bells going off in my head. Really want the club to make me look like a tit for worrying.
Sometimes players can have injuries which allow them to play but it limits them and eventually needs something to be done about it.

I dunno, I can believe it and sometimes you just have to take that calculated risk when there are no other options.

I don't disagree with anything you've said. Was still surprising to see how strikingly similar their stats are and obviously how Sterling is ahead in most of them. Even though I think he's an incredible prospect, it feels like Adnan is notably better but that may be in part since he's been surrounded by pretty weak teammates for such a long spell due to Rooney and RVP being injured.

I said this last time this kind of thing popped up - Adnan's most impressive attributes so far are his mental ones in terms of settling into an important role so soon. He makes alot of basic errors in his play though. Sterling is much more polished. He has cut out alot of the simple errors in his game over the summer.

Fingers crossed Januzaj can do the same over the next few months heading into next season.

Walshy

Edit: apparebtly Allen has had a setback ad well, so we're stuck with the midfield that played against Villa for a while...
Our squad is looking dangerously thin at the moment.
Baffling decisions from the club not to strengthen in the window so far and as be as stingy as they have been in regards to transfers.

Allen and Lucas are out. Henderson and Gerrard as are only midfielders for a few weeks? Really? Feeling quite worried how the club is being managed, top four is over if they do not strengthen, that's how crucial it is to get a midfielder in before the window shuts.

GorillaJu

Yeah my hopes for the season have dropped a bit, no question. Would like to see a new face come in January. I'm not sure Salah would have turned our fortunes around so while
I'm frustrated to see Chelsea make a mockery of the financial prudence other clubs have to display, there are worse players to have missed out on.

Walshy it's not that dire but we'd really be helped with a good buy here or there.

Yeah my hopes for the season have dropped a bit, no question. Would like to see a new face come in January. I'm not sure Salah would have turned our fortunes around so while
I'm frustrated to see Chelsea make a mockery of the financial prudence other clubs have to display, there are worse players to have missed out on.

Walshy it's not that dire but we'd really be helped with a good buy here or there.

Not to say that Chelsea don't do this, but in this particular window aren't they about to turn a ~£45m profit?

Feorax

I agree, but there was a logic to Salah. It's the old United approach of being great in both penalty boxes and outscoring the opposition.

Signing no-one has no positives at all, unless it's a positive that we're going to start pulling through 5 or 6 under 18's and hope they can take getting the shit kicked out of them for a few months.

He's surrounded by weak teammates and a shit style of football. United have mostly been scoring on individual brilliance or set pieces this season. He has all the pressure to create for United. It's a lot harder for him to do his damage in this shit team. This is seen through the end product of the two players. Compare them to one another and you can tell the difference at how difficult it was for each individual to achieve those stats.

PL has a lot of talented u20 talent right now in every club. Exciting times. Gnabry, Januzaj, Sterling, Lopes, Barkley, Shaw, etc... I like this rivalry and hopefully it motivates everyone to fulfill their potential.

So who were Liverpool's targets for January. I haven't kept up with things much at all.

Salah was one obviously - and apparently it was all but done, but whatever.

So they are looking at a wide player and where else? CM, M'Vila?

TeddyBoy

Our team is virtually dead right now, Johnson's injured, Agger's injured, Enrique's injured, Lucas is injured, Allen is injured, Coates is injured, Kelly's injured, Sakho has just started training again, I think Flanagan has started training again.

I'm not going to lie, right now our team has been stripped to the bare bones. For Bournemouth stick the kids out with Alberto, Aspas and Moses. We win, great. We lose, I don't think the squad can handle any more fixtures.

So who were Liverpool's targets for January. I haven't kept up with things much at all.

Salah was one obviously - and apparently it was all but done, but whatever.

So they are looking at a wide player and where else? CM, M'Vila?

We were looking at left backs and centre midfielders mostly. But on both those accounts there doesn't appear to be anyone being consistently linked like Salah (although there are rumours we agreed a first refusal on Will Hughes from Derby County in the summer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom