• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

xPAKBhi.gif

Such a good goal. Such typical bullshit defending. If you're going to pressure the cross, then actually fucking do it. That's actually more infuriating than nobody at the far post.

I won't hate him but have to take into account that he is bailing at the first sign of adversity and that he asked for the move to Man United. This isn't a KDB situation either, he wasn't being shut out, until very recently, he still had the third most playing time among all our attacking midfielders.

Kalou deserves to be more fondly remembered.
Make of this what you will, but I read earlier (can't remember where) that he hadn't actually asked for a move and in fact, the money that was offered was basically too good to turn down. Whether that's true or not I don't know, you read all sorts in silly season, but I wouldn't be surprised. Other than his little huff a few weeks back he's never been known to cause a disruption.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I won't hate him but have to take into account that he is bailing at the first sign of adversity and that he asked for the move to Man United. This isn't a KDB situation either, he wasn't being shut out, until very recently, he still had the third most playing time among all our attacking midfielders.

Kalou deserves to be more fondly remembered.

Like i say this is special circumstances, the following has to be true for Mata to move to us

* A new chelsea manager comes in
* Chelsea excell in his absence
* Said manager has enough clout to sideline the best player, only Mourinho could do this
* United have an untypically poor season, removing them from title contention
* United have a new manager who is less that likely to pull it around than Ferguson
* It is a world cup year

When you list all of this it is rediculous that this could all happen in one season, but here we are.

qindarka

Banned
Make of this what you will, but I read earlier (can't remember where) that he hadn't actually asked for a move and in fact, the money that was offered was basically too good to turn down. Whether that's true or not I don't know, you read all sorts in silly season, but I wouldn't be surprised. Other than his little huff a few weeks back he's never been known to cause a disruption.

If this is true, then fair enough to him. I find it hard to believe that we would be selling him if he didn't want to go, though.

Scum

This is probably the likely senario. FM-esque. "Board intervenes...Offer too good to turn down."

feel

Since he plays for a Premier League team I assume he knows the basic technique of how to position your body and move your arms and legs to kick a ball, so did he just forget how you're supposed to do it at the last moment because of the pressure? This is so awkward, looks like that random girl who has never played more than 3 minutes in her life happens to be walking by a recreational 5-a-side and a ball goes out of bounds near her and she tries her best kicking it back in the general direction of the playing area because she doesn't feel like picking it up with her hands.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Since he plays for a Premier League team I assume he knows the basic technique of how to position your body and move your arms and legs to kick a ball, so did he just forget how you're supposed to do it at the last moment because of the pressure? This is so awkward, looks like that random girl who has never played more than 3 minutes in her life happens to be walking by a recreational 5-a-side and a ball goes out of bounds near her and she tries her best kicking it back in the general direction of the playing area because she doesn't feel like picking it up with her hands.

Now explain how Wellbeck, a paid striker for the current league champions, hits it even higher :|

It would be laughable if it wasn't completely ridiculous that someone can be paid as a forward and not be able to shoot.

Salazar

This is so awkward, looks like that random girl

nN0ex7w.gif

You might have a point.

Seems like he might have wanted to suggest a low sidefoot to the right but didn't take into account that keeping his upper body like that and hooking his boot around would produce peculiar results.

Draconian

I love having Mourinho back and ultimately think he knows best. However, he's not infallible contrary to what some fans would have us believe. There's not one part of me that understands this move. I appreciate that Mourinho likes a grafter and a player who is both attacking and defensively capable, but why we seemingly require every player to be as such is lost on me. Surely you can look past the guys defensive shortcomings? That's a strange thing for me to have to say because these "shortcomings" only really exist in this particular system. Realistically Mata is as defensive as most in his position, and vastly better than the majority in attack.

I don't know...

He's one of the few players who I could genuinely wish well as he makes his move to a competitor.

I understand this move only in terms of him not playing well, Mou not particularly caring for him, and United offering a load of money. There's also Mou having a reputation for adopting anti-football and grinding out points instead of going for the most aesthetically pleasing kind of football.

In reality though, the simple of it is Mou has a lot of clout and we are going to let him pick the squad he wants come hell or high water. As they say, you live by the Mou or you die by the Mou. :p

Jarnet87

Chelsea under Mourinho, and for a few years after were one of the best teams in terms of transitioning from defending to attacking and vice versa IMO. they had great speed and fitness.

Man can't wait for the official confirmation of the Mata transfer.

Sorry Chelsea fans, but take solace that you have far better players than ours in almost all positions.

ReRixo

Banned

he was trying to feign right but shoot left, but the feign caused his form to suck. it's what I used to do when I was a kid. It never works, I could have told him that. Maybe I should become a coach.

West Ham. West Ham. Hammers.

wbZ7fdf.gif

WHAT ARE YOU DOING

PS. Thank you for taking him off our hands. <3

No problem, lol, he at least looks to be about on par with Diame, if that gif's any indication.

Also, what's this Marco Borriello chap like, Serie A bros? Any chance he could actually do a job for us in this relegation battle, or would we be better off sticking with Carlton Fucking Cole?

Zabojnik

So I decided to gift my PS3 to a buddy of mine, since I'm done using it as a console. I'll be getting the PS4 in a few months, when there's more than one game I want to play and Sony finally adds DLNA support. In the meantime, I need a cheap media player (set-top box style). I'm currently looking at the WD TV Play. Any other recommendations? Has to support DLNA, have an ethernet connection, possibly support Netflix.

So I decided to gift my PS3 to a buddy of mine, since I'm done using it as a console. I'll be getting the PS4 in a few months, when there's more than one game I want to play and Sony finally adds DLNA support. In the meantime, I need a cheap media player (set-top box style). I'm currently looking at the WD TV Play. Any other recommendations? Has to support DLNA, have an ethernet connection, possibly support Netflix.

Hook the PC up to the TV bruv. Its a joy, an makes me resent the odd occasion I have to watch a long video on the laptop :p

What games will your mate be playing? So many great exclusives on the Triple

Zabojnik

Hook the PC up to the TV bruv. Its a joy, an makes me resent the odd occasion I have to watch a long video on the laptop :p

What games will your mate be playing? So many great exclusives on the Triple

My PC is in the other room, ~10m away from the TV/living room. Not really an option, unfortunately.

Uncharted series, Last of Us, GT5/6 and big games like that. Not a huge gamer, but an avid movie fan. That blu-ray player should come in handy.

My PC is in the other room, ~10m away from the TV/living room. Not really an option, unfortunately.

Then move it

#livingthedream
#VidalRUMBO

:p

Uncharted series, Last of Us, GT5/6 and big games like that. Not a huge gamer, but an avid movie fan. That blu-ray player should come in handy

Interested to hear his thoughts on TLoU as more of a movie fan than a gamer

Another day closer to Dark Souls 2 :D

Superman

Zaha and Fabio to Cardiff on loan? I'm ok with this.

Sorry to be picky... I believe they are actually buying Fabio. As Premier League rules mean you can only loan one player to the same club.

Michael Owen... Let's hope his Twitter teases are better than his commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom