• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

mourinho: "we have to accept the way he is. what i think is not fair is that his team always has the best days to play. always."

Fergie

Banned
mourinho: "wenger complaining is normal. he always does. we all know this."
mourinho: "we have to accept the way he is. what i think is not fair is that his team always has the best days to play. always."
mourinho: "they (arsenal) always get the right time to rest. the right time to play. it's not fair."
ibwJx9CvUEUb9N.gif

Feorax

I don't get the Salah thing.

If we want him, we have to at least match Chelsea's bid, simple as that. It's black and white, yes or no.

Apparently, we aren't willing to do that, because it would be overpaying, but for some reason we're still hopeful we can salvage something? How exactly?

Clegg

Pellegrini making a knob of himself too. Agrees with Wenger that players from the same league shouldn't be allowed join rivals in January.

confuziz

Banned
L.Blanc "Pjanic pourrait intéresser le Paris Saint-Germain pour le mercato d'hiver et pourrait être une alternative à Cabaye."

L.Blanc "Pjanic might interest Paris Saint-Germain in the winter transfer window and could be an alternative to Cabaye."

Walshy

Or the story of a club asking too much for a player?

Overpaying for players is something you do when "money" is a joke concept. We aren't Manchester City, or PSG or whatever.

You may want to overpay once or twice and just pay what the club is asking, but then what if the player doesn't work out? And how many times are you going to get bent over before you get a transfer that works out?

Man Utd are overpaying for Mata because they're desperate for a lift. Chelsea will overpay for Salah because their business model hinges as much on crippling other clubs as much as it does on winning their own matches. We're seeing the effects of what it looks like when Brendan's puzzle slowly fills in.

I don't buy into the narrative that the owners aren't supporting the club or Rodgers or whatever. The owners are supporting the club in a measured and strategic way.

I think it’s just my feelings towards the club’s transfer policy over the last two windows.

Personally I don’t think it’s a matter of ‘overpaying’ for a player, I think it’s the club dithering and attempting to be ‘smart’ by trying to get a player for less than he’s actually worth. Sometimes that works, as we’ve seen with Sturridge and Coutinho – but those deals are risks that luckily have paid off, however as we’ve seen in the past that sometimes isn’t the case, any transfer is a risk.

If reports are to go by, Basle wanted £10m for Salah – Ayre refused to go for £8m. The same goes with Willian, we offered £28m, Anzhi wanted £30m (he did go for £35m eventually, but that is only because of Chelsea coming in). The low-balling will only get us so far. Suarez’s transfer is just another example of FSG’s insistence on getting players for less than they are worth. Suarez was easily worth £20m for anyone who watched the 2010 World Cup or his games in the Champions League for Ajax or his ridiculously impressive scoring record for Ajax. We offered £12.7m as our first offer – I doubt we would of got Suarez hadn’t his disciplinary record put other suitors off and the fact inside the club, murmurs about Chelsea bidding for Torres seemed to pick up pace. There is a reason that we courted Suarez the whole of January, yet signed him a day before Torres was sold. If it wasn’t for his poor disciplinary record, I doubt we would have gotten him.

For the first time in four years, we have the opportunity to get fourth place and bring back Champions League. For me, this is the most important transfer window in the whole of FSG’s tenure: strengthen by bringing in that player who can push us over the line and get us top four. Then think about dithering over transfer fees in the summer when the club has a bigger pull with Champions League football.

I saw a journo link him with Milan yesterday on Twitter.

It's almost done. Either a loan until June with an option to buy and the salary divided between Chelsea and Milan, or a full transfer, for free, next week.

In a matter of hours (or days, but it seems like the deal is like 99% done) Milan will announce it.

Clegg

Apparently Hulk uploaded a pic of himself on a jet in Luton Airport.

Now there's speculation that he's signing for a London based PL club. Top muppetry.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This is unhuman levels of love coming from Mourinho, my mind keeps searching "what is his ultimate goal?" with selling us Mata. I understand respect, i fully understand his love for winding up Wenger/Pelle but man, his generosity, kinda love the man now <3

L1NETT

Apparently Hulk uploaded a pic of himself on a jet in Luton Airport.

Now there's speculation that he's signing for a London based PL club. Top muppetry.

Hope he isn't hanging about, parking costs a fortune at that place

And can we finally agree Oscar is the hottest Chelsea player now, wooden isn't here, but with mata gone the crown is his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom