• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

Yesterday's shitshow has put us in a position where we'll probably have to win all of those home games against the team around us :(
Yeah.

Why must Rodgers persist with Gerrard. Should of brought that Allen-Lucas-Hendo midfield, Villa wouldn't of been able to cope.

Yeah.

Why must Rodgers persist with Gerrard. Should of brought that Allen-Lucas-Hendo midfield, Villa wouldn't of been able to cope.

Gerrard still has his qualities, but on his own against any PL team? Fucking madness.

Hopefully B-Rod learns from that and stops experimenting in vital league games against teams that are built to punish said experimentation

Wanna see Wilson have a good run at Koscienly on Friday.

I'm afraid you're not going to. He injured his shoulder on New Years Day. He has been out since. He had an successful operation this week but he'll still be out for 7 more weeks. We've been playing Jordan Clarke upfront because we don't have much options. We signed a guy from Eredivisie but I think he is more of a bench warmer. Elvis is looking at a few strikers and we'll probably sign one soon.

LTWheels

I'm still really pissed off. I feel like we have blown our top 4 chances.

I don't expect us to beat Everton. I think we will be outnumbered in midfield. We don't have the players to play a system with 2 strikers up front.

Salazar

That got called offside? These officials, man.

The Dawson shove was the inexcusable bit.

henry2vfpk.gif

LTWheels

With all our players being fit I just want to see us play 4-3-3.

Midfield 3 of Lucas, Allen and Henderson.

Suarez, Coutinho, Sturridge and Gerrard competing for the front 3 positions.

I'm still really pissed off. I feel like we have blown our top 4 chances.

I don't expect us to beat Everton. I think we will be outnumbered in midfield. We don't have the players to play a system with 2 strikers up front.

The only way we can have both of them playing as bona fide strikers is to play:

------------------------------GK----------------------------

-----------------CB--------------------CB-----------------
RB-------------------------------------------------------LB
-----------------------------DM-----------------------------
-------------CM----------------------------CM------------

-----------------------------AM------------------------------

-------------------CF----------------CF---------------------

There are a few crippling issues though

1. The fullbacks need to be good at attacking, and at the moment, none of ours are
2. The CMs need to be comfortable moving out wide consistently. Gerrard and Henderson are, Allen isn't
3. We'd need Henderson's energy at CM, leaving Coutinho in AM, and that is not ideal for a player so out of form
4. Diamonds take a lot of time to adapt to unless the players are bought specifically for it I think

Or we could push the AM forward and make it a proper front 3 with Sterling.

TeddyBoy

With all our players being fit I just want to see us play 4-3-3.

Midfield 3 of Lucas, Allen and Henderson.

Suarez, Coutinho, Sturridge and Gerrard competing for the front 3 positions.

Gerrard can't play up front, he's not an out and out striker.

Also your missing out Sterling.

We dropped two points yesterday Hitch, but there's plenty of time to earn those back. Yes we have to beat the teams around us, but if we don't do we even deserve top four?

Also, I really don't know how Spurs keep winning, it really is just 4-4-2.

We dropped two points yesterday Hitch, but there's plenty of time to earn those back. Yes we have to beat the teams around us, but if we don't do we even deserve top four?

Don't worry, I'll be back to titting about getting all giddy about our prospects if we beat Everton :p

jesalr

4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 today

LTWheels

I believe that Gerrard could play as a wide right in the position were Sterling normally plays.

I think it's fine playing 4-3-3 with one of Sturridge and Suarez out wide. They already play in a very fluid style with players drifting outwide or into the centre.

But anyway if we don't get top 4 we definitely won't have Suarez next season so we shouldn't have the formation dilemma.

Man we really have to win today if we wanna get top 4.

A loss would leave us 6 behind Pool and Spurs and potentially 7 behind Everton.

A lot to catch up. Probably too much.

Really can't see us winning. Need a miracle.

Fergie

Banned
Ade is really on it.

Fiorentina is playing? Must be not on TV then.

Matri having a MOTM performance?
Fuck Allegiri.

Anderson pls.

Showaddy

Ade & Eriksen are looking great. I've been watching Lennon for about 5 years now and I'm still face-palming at his end product...

Salvadora

Man we really have to win today if we wanna get top 4.

A loss would leave us 6 behind Pool and Spurs and potentially 7 behind Everton.

A lot to catch up. Probably too much.

Really can't see us winning. Need a miracle.

Resurrect the "never say die" attitude,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom