• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Does Ter Stegen ever catch the ball, bundesliga-bros?

Not saying he should have caught that one, but I haven't seen him catch 1 shot, just punches/slaps it out or down.

jtb

Banned
are we talking like a 40m fee? right before the world cup too? I'm not going to say no to reinforcements but I'll believe it when I see it.

Dont know the full ins and outs of it. I believe it's about them moving from their ground. Indisguise(?) The Coventry fan will know more.

I'm Infamous. How exciting. Is it too late for a name change?

Supporters’ group ‘Keep Cov in Cov’ said:
On 35 minutes fans will hold up signs saying ‘WHY?’, with the question being 'Why has the mess we're in been allowed to happen, and why aren't we playing in Coventry where we belong?' The choice of 35 minutes reflects the fact Coventry’s ‘home’ games are played 35 miles away in Northampton. At the same time fans will sing: ‘I wanna go home, I wanna go home, Back to the Ricoh, the Ricoh’s our home’.

On 61 minutes fans will hold up signs saying ‘WHEN?’, with the question being 'when will this madness end and we return to our home?' 61 minutes was chosen because Jimmy Hill became Coventry manager in 1961 and started the ‘Sky Blue Revolution’ taking the Club from the old third division to the top flight. Fans will sing Coventry’s unique anthem, the Sky Blue song, which Jimmy Hill wrote and contains the lines 'Let's all sing together' and ‘We’ll fight till the game is won’. That is what fans believe they need to do to get the Club back to Coventry.

Gambit

It's kind of sad to hear Jupp talking about this Bayern team. It feels like his heart is style with them and I'm not even sure he likes the changes Pep implemented...

very true. You could feel his excitement at the thought of now even having Thiago and Götze at his disposal.

Almost wish we had kept him. His Bayern team was just so effective

I absolutely understand how appealing it is to have a fantastic player like Draxler, but how would he work into a squad in which so many quality midfielders are already sitting on the bench?

I'm genuinely curious. I've not seen him play aside from the highlights and as Arsenal is a team without high wages, I'm always concerned that it won't take much time on the bench for players to say 'fuck this'.

fuenf

Does Ter Stegen ever catch the ball, bundesliga-bros?

Not saying he should have caught that one, but I haven't seen him catch 1 shot, just punches/slaps it out or down.

tbh I believe he was at his best when he first burst onto the scene.... at his best he's a modern version of Kahn but he's regressed / stagnated the last couple of years. I'd take Weidenfeller, Leno and Zieler over him..

I think Draxler is great and a huge talent, but I don't think he should cost as much as Götze. Maybe €30+m?

Then again it's Schalke, so it'll probably be a fantastic deal for Arsenal.

After so many years of penny pinching Wenger finally got a taste of paying 40+ milion for Germans...and he liked it. Expect it again.

Barzul

I absolutely understand how appealing it is to have a fantastic player like Draxler, but how would he work into a squad in which so many quality midfielders are already sitting on the bench?

I'm genuinely curious. I've not seen him play aside from the highlights and as Arsenal is a team without high wages, I'm always concerned that it won't take much time on the bench for players to say 'fuck this'.

He's going to end up a striker. He is like RVP 2.0. Started as an AM playing on the center and left. 6'2, well built physically. It just makes sense.

jtb

Banned
I think Draxler is great and a huge talent, but I don't think he should cost as much as Götze. Maybe €30+m?

I thought 40m was his release clause or something, would be great to get him in for cheaper though. And if he lives up to the hype, better to get him in before a potentially great world cup. Just skeptical as to whether Wenger would go for such a huge buy mid-season. And whether Schalke would let him go.

I hope it's true though! Can never have too many attacking midfielders.

Shove Podolski up front instead of playing him on the wing, tell Bendtner to fuck off. Problem solved.

FootballFan

Draxlerrrrr pls

Julian+Draxler.+Testmatch+Schalke+04+Germany+against+Al+Sadd+Quatar_7641d9_4707342.gif

Danchi

I'd be very surprised if Draxler comes in January. Reports seem to be that the £37m buy-out clause becomes active in the Summer so the only reason to sell now would be if someone offered more than that, no?

GHG

Gold Member
Omg. Whats happening?!?

Al Jazeera sports (bein sports) just confirmed that we've agreed a fee for draxler.

Dont do this to me... Pls be true.

Arseblog did a piece on ESPN about Jan 2004. Wenger kept sating don't expect anything and then we got Reyes and won the league.

Hopefully rhe same will be true rhis season

fuenf

but Götze was easily worth more than Bayern paid... I still can't judge Draxler properly, sometimes he looks like the German CR7 and other times like Marcel Jansen + his whole "i have to play the middle, it's my best position"-stick is getting on my nerves too.

subtles

Didn't the Schalke coach make comments about Draxler not being ready for a move this morning?

I guess there there must be something in it.

Wenger is going for it this season.

GHG

Gold Member
Didn't the Schalke coach make comments about Draxler not being ready for a move this morning?

I guess there there must be something in it.

Wenger is going for it this season.

Yeh reading it again now those are typical "pls dont go yet" comments which would suggest something serious is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom