• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

Aren't they supposedly looking for closer to £30m? I can see why we went for Mata at £40m. He's absolute class and has done the business at the highest level of the game. Shaw is an unproven kid with great potential. Very risky to spend that much money on him. Look what happened with Anderson.

But Shaw is English, so his price tag doubles.

Carbonox

adnan_januzaj_profile_photo.ashx

A- Adnan?

Took me forever to scroll down this picture cos his forehead is so huge.

Barzul

Man Utd will probably go all the way for Shaw. If they land him, that's the LB slot guaranteed for 7+ seasons. Good thing we have Gibbs and Monreal at Arsenal.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Isnt Shaw a Chelsea fan? Chelsea with an aging Cole, not sure we stand much chance in that market unless we pay way over the odds.

Barzul

Isnt Shaw a Chelsea fan? Chelsea with an aging Cole, not sure we stand much chance in that market unless we pay way over the odds.

I remember when you guys beat us to Phil Jones. I still think he'd be much better under Wenger. Ashley Cole was an Arsenal fan btw.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So what's going to happen to Khal Drogo?

A Khal that cannot ride (with others) cannot lead.

I'm....I'm sorry 3Sixty :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't know what's wrong with him, I think he genuinely enjoys this. Being a cunt, I mean.

He punched Lamela in the face not that long ago too.

A lost cause, just like Balotelli.

K1LLER7

Today is Juan day?

Watching Mata's Youtube highlights....

Need to see him play on tuesday. Moyes pls.

edit: Some of his link-up play with Hazard was awsome :O

Salazar

That agent looks promisingly shifty.

pofFTmj.gif

Hard to see Shaw not waiting for summer. Leaving aside any sentimentality about Southampton, if there's gonna be an auction, give it some room.

K1LLER7

--------------RVP----------
Adnan---Rooney------Mata
-----Carrick--Marchisio------
Shaw--Vidic--Evans----Rafael

verging on 'unfair'.

we loved him for that
KuGsj.gif

a justifiable punch
Yurt pls. Marchisio won't leave the old lady.....but give us 30% ownership of Vidal. We'll add 2 years of DHL prime delivery membership to his contract.

K1LLER7

Juanuzaj will be awsome to watch. Don't ruin it Moyes.

Tony V must be slightly worried over his position now. Maybe he'll finally practise on using his left foot.

Showaddy

I don't know what's wrong with him, I think he genuinely enjoys this. Being a cunt, I mean.

He punched Lamela in the face not that long ago too.

A lost cause, just like Balotelli.

Is it true he punched Lamela just because he didn't pass to him once? Or is that bullshit and he was actually shagging his girlfriend behind his back or something lol?

GorillaJu

This positivity surrounding United is scaring me. I mean we saw what happened when Spurs spent 100m in the summer and how much that did for them, but Mata is a different story. Can we just not drop any more points until the end of the season? Please?

Juanuzaj will be awsome to watch. Don't ruin it Moyes.

Tony V must be slightly worried over his position now. Maybe he'll finally practise on using his left foot.

Like fuck he will.

However, a certain Juan Mata has been learning to use his right foot more:

"My duty, what I have to do, is try my best in every training session, leave everything of me on the pitch. That's how I can go to bed at the end of the day and be happy with myself. Throughout the last two seasons, I was trying to make myself a better player. Not just defending-wise, but attacking-wise as well.

"For example, I've trained a lot on my right foot, to make it better. I've tried to improve – defending, attacking, pressing, trying to think before a game, to be more clever, do something before the defender can think of it, to become a better player. That makes me feel good, that hunger to improve in every way."

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Is it true he punched Lamela just because he didn't pass to him once? Or is that bullshit and he was actually shagging his girlfriend behind his back or something lol?

haha I wouldn't rule anything out..

but it was after their loss to Udinese in the changing room.

You're a bulls fan?

Yes!
Yurt pls. Marchisio won't leave the old lady.....but give us 30% ownership of Vidal. We'll add 2 years of DHL prime delivery membership to his contract.
VERY TEMPTING

subtles

This positivity surrounding United is scaring me. I mean we saw what happened when Spurs spent 100m in the summer and how much that did for them, but Mata is a different story. Can we just not drop any more points until the end of the season? Please?

We have serious injuries at the back and have yet to make any serious attempts to rectify that in the transfer market. It will only get harder from this point on.

United have had one of their worst seasons in recent memory and are only six points behind us, Spurs and Everton are a whisker away.

I hope we at least bring in that DM with Lucas out.

Get the opposite of hype.

In all honesty though I hope the league gets more exciting in the second half.

GorillaJu

We have serious injuries at the back and have yet to make any serious attempts to rectify that in the transfer market. It will only get harder from this point on.

United have had one of their worst seasons in recent memory and are only six points behind us, Spurs and Everton are a whisker away.

I hope we at least bring in that DM with Lucas out.

Get the opposite of hype.

In all honesty though I hope the league gets more exciting in the second half.

Romulo? He's been injured for like 18 months =

haha this is great.

hard not to cringe though lol.

(it's Chelsea fans being asked about fake players potentially signing)

Haha, why were all the Chelsea fans foreign and had no clue. They asked one bunch of English boys and they knew straight away.

Chelsea has no real fans :p

When we reach 1 million pound a week contracts, football will be dead.

I thought Barca were already paying Neymar a million a week

GorillaJu

We love signing injured midfielders, don't we? I honestly know next to nothing about him but maybe Svia can enlighten us.

I've never heard of him before he was linked to us but the reports on him are very good. Still, you can never be sure that a player will ever come back fully from an injury.

Another Brazilian I'd like us to look at is Dodô. He's looked good for me the times I've watched Roma this season.

We love signing injured midfielders, don't we? I honestly know next to nothing about him but maybe Svia can enlighten us.
He was quite good for Spartak for the measly amount of games he played for them (7?) before getting hurt. They rate him highly. But they've spent a lot of money building their new stadium so who knows, maybe they're short on cash. But on the other hand, they're (somehow) in the title race. Selling now would be silly. He just got healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom