• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

Where's £20m for Salah come from?

If true glad that we made Chelsea spunk a larger proportion of their Mata money, especially when they are selling to fund a striker in the summer, without falling foul to ffp.

I believe it's the Fail. I wouldn't give it too much weight.

FootballFan

Does anyone genuinely feel sorry for Chelsea fans losing their favourite player? Success has fallen into their laps, they're lucky they ever had him.

If the overall £20m fee for Salah is correct, we should have taken the hit to our reputation and left the race ages ago. Unless we were trying to delay it and and the Mata deal or raise Salah's price for Chelsea, which I don't believe.

Let's do this

ChelseaBros vs #Villains

According to La Repubblica, Essien didn't pass his medicals yesterday and he might return to Chelsea. Something's wrong with his knee, apparently.

According to La Repubblica, Essien didn't pass his medicals yesterday and he might return to Chelsea. Something's wrong with his knee, apparently.

Something wrong with Essiens knees? Milan could maybe start out reading the wiki's of players they are signing and save everyone some time.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol Spurs aren't signing Guarin

Well Baldini is in Italy trying to sign somebody, and apparently Inter are shopping him around desperately to try and raise some cash. We will make a signing very soon.

Clydefrog

Well Baldini is in Italy trying to sign somebody, and apparently Inter are shopping him around desperately to try and raise some cash. We will make a signing very soon.

more of a chance signing Berardi

and for a while there I thought Berardi was the Brazilian midget (Bernard)

man, was I worried :D

... and I also remember the time I thought Soldado would be a great signing. I... he... I still think he has something to prove. HE'S GOOD

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Maybe sending Nocerino to West Ham wasn't a good idea after all :/

more of a chance signing Berardi

Your chances stand at 0%, literally.

Sassuolo are battling relegation, they won't let him go now. And that's ignoring the fact that we own his contract.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
... and I also remember the time I thought Soldado would be a great signing. I... he... I still think he has something to prove. HE'S GOOD

Soldado will come good, I'm fairly sure of that. He just needs a goal, once he gets it he'll go on a run. We create so many more chances now that AVB is gone.

TeddyBoy

No new LFC rumours today I take it? Given up on getting anyone for the Everton match, still time to push something through though

The Times has us linked with Andre Gomes from Benfica. I haven't heard his name before and it's the Times so I guess this is a fairly decent chance of being a good link.

We need Lambda's scourging report.

sohois

The Times has us linked with Andre Gomes from Benfica. I haven't heard his name before and it's the Times so I guess this is a fairly decent chance of being a good link.

I like how fans of the less popular European leagues are just defacto scouts for this thread. Seems like half of Lambda, Sviat, etc. posts are nothing but reports on players for other fans

Mastadon

Banned
Wonder if we could have taken them to £37.1m :p

No new LFC rumours today I take it? Given up on getting anyone for the Everton match, still time to push something through though

There is some noise that we're looking at Andre Gomes from Benfica. I know nothing about him though.

Sual Niguez to Liverpool is picking up momentum too.

I like how fans of the less popular European leagues are just defacto scouts for this thread.

Well we don't keep them around here for the quality of their posts, do we? ;)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This Essien thing explains why it's been so easy to get him for free. Anyway, he'll have some other tests today, probably tomorrow Milan will decide.

Sending Nocerino away is always a good idea.

Every time Nocerino dribbles, he has a 90 percent chance of losing the ball.
Negative_Man.png

His tackle success percentage is below 50 (48).
Negative_Man.png

He loses out in 75 percent of aerial contests.
Negative_Man.png

When he shoots, there is a 75 percent chance it will miss the target.
Negative_Man.png

His chances created per game output has been 0.6, 0.8 and 1.4 in his three seasons, respectively, at Milan (Modibo Maiga's current CCPG is 0.9)
Negative_Man.png

You know what's funny? The guy who wrote (or helped write?) the article is one of the accounts I RT'd the other day.
KuGsj.gif

Every time Nocerino dribbles, he has a 90 percent chance of losing the ball.
Negative_Man.png

His tackle success percentage is below 50 (48).
Negative_Man.png

He loses out in 75 percent of aerial contests.
Negative_Man.png

When he shoots, there is a 75 percent chance it will miss the target.
Negative_Man.png

His chances created per game output has been 0.6, 0.8 and 1.4 in his three seasons, respectively, at Milan (Modibo Maiga's current CCPG is 0.9)
Negative_Man.png

You know what's funny? The guy who wrote (or helped write?) the article is one of the accounts I RT'd the other day.
KuGsj.gif

He fooled us all :(

TeddyBoy

I like how fans of the less popular European leagues are just defacto scouts for this thread. Seems like half of Lambda, Sviat, etc. posts are nothing but reports on players for other fans

Looooooool It's so true, but we love them because we can then justify spending €25m on more than just Scoutnation's YouTube highlights.

As expected, Blaszczykowski is out for the rest of the season with a torn ACL :(

This season is cursed... 4 starting players out for at least half a season (Kuba, Subotic, Gündogan, Piszczek) and lots of other injuries. Actually, it's pretty damn good what we've achieved so far.

Fergie

Banned
Zaha is at Cardiff commencing a medical according to Sky.

Good luck to him, hopefully he fixes up.

Man I'll be watching loads of teams now just to watch loanees. Awesome.

He has potential, good passing accuracy and a decent shot but this season he hasn't been playing much with the main squad, he only has a total of 1 minute in the league so far. They won't sell him for less than 15M €.

Suen

Another striker will need to come in. Bendtner and Sanogo are a joke.

Even if we get Draxler though, don't expect much from him straight away. He hasn't played for 7 weeks. He will need to get fitness and everything back.
How can you say Sanogo is a joke when he's only made two apps this season for us?

Suen

Meier, please sign Lazio's Keita (18yo) in FM and tell me if he develops into a great player. He's been beasting with Lazio's primavera and looks like a real talent. Almost punished us yesterday with that finesse shot that knocked on wood.
I said this a few months ago when we played against Lazio at home. Sure Parma doesn't exactly have the greatest defense but he was still causing us problem,s all the time and creating a bunch of good opportunities for himself and his teammates. He is dangerous, can be fast and is very unpredictable imo. He's been doing great in their first team and I've said it before: they seem to have a real talent there.

I also just that Lotito yesterday said that he wants to punish some Lazio supporters for wanting their team to intentionally lose against Juve just to keep that gap between Juve and Roma. Fucking Lazio fans :lol

I said this a few months ago when we played against Lazio at home. Sure Parma doesn't exactly have the greatest defense but he was still causing us problem,s all the time and creating a bunch of good opportunities for himself and his teammates. He is dangerous, can be fast and is very unpredictable imo. He's been doing great in their first team and I've said it before: they seem to have a real talent there.

I also just that Lotito yesterday said that he wants to punish some Lazio supporters for wanting their team to intentionally lose against Juve just to keep that gap between Juve and Roma. Fucking Lazio fans :lol
That's normal. They did the same thing a few years ago when Inter was about to win the Scudetto and Roma was 2nd. They cheered against their own team so that Inter could win, and at the end of the game they displayed a "Oh Noooo" banner. Inter won and the gap with Roma remained intact.

Suen

No I haven't answered my question. Does he do a bad job at his training? Does he play for our reserves and if so is he doing a horrible job there? I haven't bothered to check what he's doing but if he's not given any apps in the first team despite doing good off the pitch/reserves then it says nothing about how good he can be. Plenty of players get brought to clubs, are barely given any playtime throughout the season and suddenly grow up to become even better than the primary choices in following seasons. Sometimes they even put a better performance than them when they make a few appearances in the season. Some players just need to play more frequently to show their talent and yes you could use this argument for any player but at the end of the day you can seperate the good players from the bad ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom