• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

That's normal. They did the same thing a few years ago when Inter was about to win the Scudetto and Roma was 2nd. They cheered against their own team so that Inter could win, and at the end of the game they displayed a "Oh Noooo" banner. Inter won and the gap with Roma remained intact.
Yeah I know it happened before. You just expect them to mature just a liiiiiiiiiiittle bit at some point but nah. I mean you have to be extremely messed up in the head to want your team to lose on purpose just to keep the gap intact between you and your rivals.

Quality signing innit
I never said that. Fuck off.

I never said that. Fuck off.
jbpKkgJ2rLJRyI.png

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
No I haven't answered my question. Does he do a bad job at his training? Does he play for our reserves and if so is he doing a horrible job there? I haven't bothered to check what he's doing but if he's not given any apps in the first team despite doing good off the pitch/reserves then it says nothing about how good he can be. Plenty of players get brought to clubs, are barely given any playtime throughout the season and suddenly grow up to become even better than the primary choices in following seasons. Sometimes they even put a better performance than them when they make a few appearances in the season. Some players just need to play more frequently to show their talent and yes you could use this argument for any player but at the end of the day you can seperate the good players from the bad ones.

And sometimes they're gangly Ligue 2 players who are made of glass. That's what Sanogo is.

I'm confused about this Salah story about us having to pay more money. Surely if we had a bid accepted they can't then make us pay more money surely? It seemed all the paperwork was done apart from the player medical and terms.

Plasma

Banned
Sanogo is a joke if you consider him ready for the first team, he isn't a bad signing on a free, young, lots of potential but we can't rely on him now. Park on the other hand is a bit of a joke, still have no idea why we brought him in.

Linius

next week 4 points :>. Vitesse is way ahead of Feyenoord imo.

I hope for a draw but my gut says that Feyenoord wins. You don't beat Feyenoord just like that at home and they're still in it for the title so they have to go all the way against Vitesse.

Plasma

Banned
Apparently Spurs are after Guarin and Vucinic, would be pretty funny if they both ended up at the same club after that botched swap deal.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm confused about this Salah story about us having to pay more money. Surely if we had a bid accepted they can't then make us pay more money surely? It seemed all the paperwork was done apart from the player medical and terms.

Sure they can. They accepted your bid. Then they accept a higher bid. Clubs can accept as many bids as they like, accepting a bid is not agreeing a transfer. We accepted a QPR bid for Dawson 18 months ago but he's still here.

Apparently Spurs are after Guarin and Vucinic, would be pretty funny if they both ended up at the same club after that botched swap deal.

Defoe + Capoue out
Guarin + Vucinic in

I'd take that.

Suen

Ramos to appeal booking: 'It must be easy to give me a card'

Match official Jesus Gil brandished a yellow card at the Spain international for scything down Allan Nyom on Saturday, though the centre-half is confident he will be succesful in appealing the decision.

"I was hoping we'd keep a clean sheet, so that's great news for us," the 27-year-old stated after helping Los Blancos through their seventh consecutive match without conceding.

"But we are going to appeal the card that the referee gave me. It must be easy to give a card to Sergio Ramos! They're going to remove it, I'm sure."

:lol Ramos pls.

Elchele

Apparently, Toni Kroos is demanding a salary of €8M for his extension.

Götze was signed with a €7M salary (completely ridiculous), and Lewa with a €8M annual salary. Lewa's salary makes a bit of sense because he's quality and he came for free.

I don't see what's the problem in giving €8M to Kroos, he's a key player for us and surely deserves a higher salary than fucking Gotze. If the board is giving huge salaries to new players, they should realize that the rest of the squad is going to demand equal treatment.

Linius

Finally made it to second division in seasons at FIFA 13, first time ever. Having an odd streak at the moment. Six draws and five wins. Feels good not to lose but so many draws :O

Fady K

Eurgh. I've had a nightmare today. Mistake with the City score, then this. All because I dreamt of GAF last night.

---

pSxkCMf.png

I need to cuddle Fady better.

Haha, those are great tweets. Gotta love Fady.

Joud ‏@justjoud Jan 23
Caring is exhausting.

Retweeted by Fady Kiriakides

Fady is a GOAT. Fucking love him <3

Poor Fady.

Well done Jose, look what you've done.

Jose broke him :(

I feel bad for Fady, he really likes Mata :(

Fady, but that's about it.

I am genuinely sad and heartbroken about it (in case my tweets did not make that clear enough already).

I am embarrassed to admit it but this news actually affected my week altogether. I hate to sound melodramatic as it feels so as I am typing this but I did not enjoy my time at the in-laws much or my parents' place, did not bother playing a game all week, did not watch any TV shows or movies, could not sleep that well, did not feel like going out much at all, etc. Not the attitude I expected from myself as a 28 year old (very immature I must admit), but there you have it.

I just really love this player beyond what he did at the pitch, love reading his blogs and about his thoughts on life, watching his interviews. I always pictured him to be the perfect Chelsea player to grow with the club, so it really, really sucked to see that dream cut criminally short by not getting enough play time right before the world cup, let alone joining the club i'm not exactly crazy about. From a rational point of view, Mata's decision makes very good sense. I want to remember him as the Chelsea player that I loved and that is why I can't wait to see him either join another club in another league (if ever) so I can happily watch him again - no matter how long it took to happen (again, if ever.)

Thanks to the MUFC fans who actually felt for me like Salazar and the rest of the guys here who understood me and my situation, you guys are class. CLASS.

GorillaJu

I'd like to think Basel is forcing the transfer against Salah's wishes because the money from Chelsea is better. Salah is unlike most players transferred to Chelsea, because according to his father he actually wants to play football. Fancy the thought.

Looks like Suso had a pretty good game for Almeria.

Bumhead

Banned
Went to Rochdale yesterday. Ended up in a right tangle. Was sick and I'm still in bed which are two things I never usually do on hangovers.

Just delighted to be in the 5th round. We are WELL overdue a big draw. I really don't want Southampton away or Charlton etc. Would settle for Pigs at home mind.

L1NETT

Went to Rochdale yesterday. Ended up in a right tangle. Was sick and I'm still in bed which are two things I never usually do on hangovers.

Just delighted to be in the 5th round. We are WELL overdue a big draw. I really don't want Southampton away or Charlton etc. Would settle for Pigs at home mind.

Doctor orders a fry up and an Irn Bru to sort that out

There aren't a lot of good draws left tbh.

RIght then c'mon Blades.

3Sixty

Fuck you then mate.

I'd have bought you a beer you cunt.

Bumhead

Banned
I'd like Arsenal away or Chelsea away.

Don't want Liverpool. The media will poke the hornets nest and blow up a frenzy.

I'd take Sunderland or Fulham (if they win this) as well and I think we would stand half a chance.

It'll be Brighton away, sigh.

Fuck you then mate.

I'd have bought you a beer you cunt.

Haha, I take back everything.

I've been to St Marys before so not much appeal there and it's one hell of a trip to inevitably lose 3-0.

It feels like forever since we played one of the big boys. City in 2007 was the closest but they were shit then. Thankfully I'm old enough to remember playing and beating Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U but there are match going age Owls now who have never even seen us play them. I'm desperate for a huge cup draw.

Milan XI vs Cagliari: Amelia; De Sciglio, Rami, Bonera, Urby; Montolivo, De Jong; Kakà, Honda, Robinho; Balotelli.

Pretty much Seedorf's standard formation, except for Abate who's still recovering. Binho need to step up his game today, with this formation he could be really important to us. If Verona doesn't win we're basically forced to win today and get closer to them.

--

Sky Sport Italy: Essien's salary will be &#8364;1.25m for the rest of the season. Next season: &#8364;2.5m + &#8364;0.5m if Milan qualify for the CL.

Soooo... &#8364;2.5m next year, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom