• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just once I wanted an easy draw for Arsenal. Just this once.

Spurs in the round before last, Liverpool in this. At least Chelsea got a tough draw.

elseanio

You think we'll play Suarez?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!

We'll play our u21 squad probably. We don't even have enough fit players to fill our bench, no way we can afford to put out a strong squad at the Emirates.

You've basically got a free pass to the next round.

What makes you think that, when we played a strong team against Bournemouth?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You think we'll play Suarez?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!

We'll play our u21 squad probably. We don't even have enough fit players to fill our bench, no way we can afford to put out a strong squad at the Emirates.

You've basically got a free pass to the next round.

You put most of the first XI out against Bournemouth. Rodgers will have a go, why wouldn't he? Looking at that draw Liverpool could easily reach the final.

Barzul

Liverpool at home isn't that bad considering we could've got an away draw at Chelsea or City. It could be better, but I'll take it. If we win this game, we've got a very good chance at winning the FA cup.

pulga

Banned
Messi's favorite book cooker, his father Jorge, responds to when queried about PSG's interest in his son:

"Can I assure you Lio will be at Barcelona the next season? He's under contract. Though as we well know, in football anything can happen. Only God knows what comes tomorrow."

Pack it up, BarcaGAF.

Pogba and Verratti? #Paradox

Verratti will leave when he fails to pass the ball to Messi. #BELIEVE

jtb

Banned
Just once I wanted an easy draw for Arsenal. Just this once.

Spurs in the last round, Liverpool in this. At least Chelsea got a tough draw.

I think it's good to draw Liverpool; the players won't take a game like this for granted the way they would if they drew a lower league team. And we didn't draw City or Chelsea. We have quite a bit of squad depth, especially in midfield, so we can rotate a few players, play Bendtner, win, and move on to the next round.

Liverpool at home isn't that bad considering we could've got an away draw at Chelsea or City. It could be better, but I'll take it.
Oh yeah, I think we'll win I just would've preferred that we got an easier draw seeing as we have such important games in the CL and the League.

Barzul

Our upcoming fixtures after So'ton and Crystal Palace. This is where we prove our merit as title challengers.

Liverpool (a)
Man U (h)
Liverpool (h)
Bayern (h)
S'land (h)
Stoke (a)
Swansea (h)
Bayern (a)
Spurs (a)
Chelsea (a)
Man City (h)
Everton (a)

Looking at that list we definitely need to sign another attacking player with Walcott crocked.

jtb

Banned
Liverpool's only saving grace is Arsenal's insane fixture list. Liverpool have to play Fulham away beforehand, so field B-team for Fulham and bring everything for Arsenal.

4th place is more important for Liverpool than the cup. I expect Rodgers to play the first choice team in both, especially without Europe to worry about; no way he rests players against Fulham.

LegoArmo

Our upcoming fixtures after So'ton and Crystal Palace. This is where we prove our merit as title challengers.

Liverpool (a)
Man U (h)
Liverpool (h)
Bayern (h)
S'land (h)
Stoke (a)
Swansea (h)
Bayern (a)
Spurs (a)
Chelsea (a)
Man City (h)
Everton (a)

You're fucked.

Liverpool (a)
Man U (h)
Liverpool (h)
Bayern (h)
S'land (h)
Stoke (a)
Swansea (h)
Bayern (a)
Spurs (a)
Chelsea (a)
Man City (h)
Everton (a)
XmWQdeK.png

Suen

Liverpool (a)
Man U (h)
Liverpool (h)
Bayern (h)
S'land (h)
Stoke (a)
Swansea (h)
Bayern (a)
Spurs (a)
Chelsea (a)
Man City (h)
Everton (a)

Looking at that list we definitely need to sign another attacking player with Walcott crocked.
We're so fucking done :lol

Damn, Bilbao is destroying relegation tier clubs.

1:5 against Osasuna.
Their three latest games (this one included):

Athletic Club 6 - 1 Almería
Athletic Club 4 - 2 Real Valladolid
Osasuna 1 - 5 Athletic Club

They are scoring lots of goals in these recent games.

tri_willy

4th place is more important for Liverpool than the cup. I expect Rodgers to play the first choice team in both, especially without Europe to worry about; no way he rests players against Fulham.

well if the owners are being stingey, then this is rodger's fuck you to the owners for a lack of depth within the squad... however a lack of foresight in some aspects should also be shouldered by rodgers

pulga

Banned

Liverpool (a)
Man U (h)
Liverpool (h)
Bayern (h)
S'land (h)
Stoke (a)
Swansea (h)
Bayern (a)
Spurs (a)
Chelsea (a)
Man City (h)
Everton (a)

yikes.gif

Liverpool (a)
Man U (h)
Liverpool (h)
Bayern (h)
S'land (h)
Stoke (a)
Swansea (h)
Bayern (a)
Spurs (a)
Chelsea (a)
Man City (h)
Everton (a)

dear lord help us

Barzul

I think we might have to sacrifice CL. But Wenger won't, he'll be stubborn. Just don't want our players getting injured because of this crazy fixture list.

jtb

Banned

Liverpool (a)
Man U (h)
Liverpool (h)
Bayern (h)
S'land (h)
Stoke (a)
Swansea (h)
Bayern (a)
Spurs (a)
Chelsea (a)
Man City (h)
Everton (a)

Really, all the fixtures between now and the second Bayern game (not including the CL), we can, should, and will win. We might drop points against United because the team has a mental block against them, but that's about it. Spurs, Chelsea, City, Everton—those will be trickier, no doubt, but if we've somehow managed to stay alive in the CL, that'll be a huge momentum boost. And if we're not, then we'll have a week of rest to prepare for each of those games and while I see us dropping points, I can't see us not getting a few results along the way also.

Really, all the fixtures between now and the second Bayern game (not including the CL), we can, should, and will win. We might drop points against United because the team has a mental block against them, but that's about it. Spurs, Chelsea, City, Everton—those will be trickier, no doubt, but if we've somehow managed to stay alive in the CL, that'll be a huge momentum boost. And if we're not, then we'll have a week of rest to prepare for each of those games and while I see us dropping points, I can't see us not getting a few results along the way also.

You think you 'should' beat us away?

GQman2121

Banned
The silver lining with the draw is that City have a cluster of tough games they'll have to prepare for in short order. Practically home all month though. :S

neBfRco.jpg

"No problem. If you want to be the best then you have to play the best, so it's good for us. One team is the end product. One team needs to improve and has a long way to go."

Mou wasting no time....

Liverpool (a)
Man U (h)
Liverpool (h)
Bayern (h)
S'land (h)
Stoke (a)
Swansea (h)
Bayern (a)
Spurs (a)
Chelsea (a)
Man City (h)
Everton (a)

We will win all of them

Suen

Maaaaaaan do not speak to me about that club :( couldn't even beat Catani. After a great start to the season it's been down a mountain of shit since October.
Do not worry. Inter will be prosperous under Thohir next season. No more Juve at the top.

We will win all of them
I can see us losing against Bayern after Liverpool and Man United, especially if things don't go well in the latter one. If we do win against Utd though it will be a great boost for the Bayern game.

Yen

LFC have been teasing something - #OneGuardianSaid, which is an nag a ram for Garuda Indonesia. This must be our new deal. If they are making uch a fuss about it, hopefully it's big. #TopOfTheCommercialLeague

Barzul

This must be why we're looking at a new RB in Jan. Sagna can't play all those games and I don't think Wenger trusts Jenkinson enough yet.

TeddyBoy

It's against Fulham, in the league it's about as easy as it gets. Our core team will play both games, but Moses, Alberto, Kelly and Toure will probably get a run out against Fulham with the main squad going against Arsenal.

Liverpool (a)
Man U (h)
Liverpool (h)
Bayern (h)
S'land (h)
Stoke (a)
Swansea (h)
Bayern (a)
Spurs (a)
Chelsea (a)
Man City (h)
Everton (a)

That's an absolutely horrible fixture list, if you manage to come out of that alive, you'll probably win the treble. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom