• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

City won that game mostly because of the defensive change that happened with Vermaelen coming in for Koscielny. I'm almost certain the result wouldn't have looked so one sided with him on the pitch. This City team isn't radically different from the one we beat at home last season. City are terrible at avoiding conceding goals, we just need a composed defense and they'll lose. What's all this crap about a mental block? If we lose to this lethargic United team at home I'll use an RVP avatar for rest of the season.

United will have Mata, Rooney and van Persie back by then, that's not an easy game for anyone.

Your lone striker is Giroud, come on.

jtb

Banned
City won that game mostly because of the defensive change that happened with Vermaelen coming in for Koscielny. I'm almost certain the result wouldn't have looked so one sided with him on the pitch. This City team isn't radically different from the one we beat at home last season. City are terrible at avoiding conceding goals, we just need a composed defense and they'll lose. What's all this crap about a mental block? If we lose to this lethargic United team at home I'll use an RVP avatar for rest of the season.

we lost to city at home last season

:(

totally agreed though, fuck Vermaelen.

and I agree City are not to be feared. we can beat City at home. if we don't, then we don't deserve the title. it's as simple as that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
True Detective is tonight?! YESSSSSSS

You could probably replicate the same thing 100 times in any random professional game if you took a screengrab when a defender has the ball tbf

64076210.jpg

Lightning

Banned
Spurs are in a great run of form, much improved. You drew at home to Everton, but I think they had the better of it, so I have them to win at home. City destroyed you, and will do so again. You have a mental block against United.

Lots of dropped points there. I'll admit to taking the piss a bit with the Liverpool results.
Moyes has the mental block against top away teams. Not Fergie anymore.

Barzul

Because you seem think you'll beat everyone but Bayern, with no regard for home advantage

You're genuinely setting yourself up for a fall.

City title winners pls

I don't see what's wrong with believing that. I think we won't lose any of those games bar the Bayern and Chelsea games. Home advantage didn't help Liverpool last year. I'm just confident in my team, people seem to be expecting some inevitable Arsenal collapse, they can cling to that. I know this team is very different from the ones of years past because of our defensive solidity. We've never had a defense this good since the invincibles.

Barzul

we lost to city at home last season

:(

totally agreed though, fuck Vermaelen.

and I agree City are not to be feared. we can beat City at home. if we don't, then we don't deserve the title. it's as simple as that.
Which season was the one where Arteta scored that goal? I'm mixing them up it seems.

Clegg

I think the past two and a half seasons have shown that Mata really is that good. He just doesn't fit into Mourinho's vision for Chelsea.

I'll put it this way. He'd start for almost every top team in Europe. Probably not Barca and Bayern, but that's about it.

Lol

Worst post I have ever read.
He isn't going to magically transform United. He is behind both Silva and Cazorla in Spanish team set up and his never helped Chelsea to a strong premier league position in two seasons there. He's an excellent player don't get me wrong but I think people are expecting too much from him.

LegoArmo

I put him above Silva too, just for being much more consistent. If Silva was at this best every week though, he'd probably be up there with the best in the world.

pulga

Banned
Barca XI vs Malaga: Valdés, Brazilian Diving Cunt #1, Piqué, Javier "pls understand im not a CB" Macherano, Rat-faced Diving Cunt; Octopussy, Old Man Cuntalunya, Fábregassed; Pedro, Tax Cheat, Alexis

I fancy our chances against City. Some pretty poor teams have still managed to put a few past them with City winning due to there ability going forward. We're pretty solid at the back at the moment though and so I think we have a pretty good chance.

Edit: the name change went through, :lol

FootballFan

Barca XI vs Malaga: CUNT, Best RB in the world, Pique, JonCryer/Rosell lookalike, Alba; Octopus of Badia, Xavi the legend, Sex Fabregas; Pedro, GOAT, Alexis.

Clegg

José Mourinho;98538500 said:
I fancy our chances against City. Some pretty poor teams have still managed to put a few past them with City winning due to there ability going forward. We're pretty solid at the back at the moment though and so I think we have a pretty good chance.

Your tag fits your user name perfectly.

Yen

José Mourinho;98538500 said:

smh. What idiot gets a namechange?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom