• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

What's with Liverpool trying to low-ball again?
Ian Ayre, our MD in my opinion is as incompetent as you can get for someone spearheading negotiations.

You think after what happened in the past with trying to low ball him and our owners would of got the message. We tried to low ball for Suarez, Willian and Salah - none where successful in getting the player for that price.

Lopes back in his natural habitat. You will be decimated.

Does he play on the right or the left? If he plays on the left he'll go up against Janko.

iSk9o2wLl29gL.gif

sohois

Ian Ayre, our MD in my opinion is as incompetent as you can get for someone spearheading negotiations.

You think after what happened in the past with trying to low ball him and our owners would of got the message. We tried to low ball for Suarez, Willian and Salah - none where successful in getting the player for that price.

Well, actually the Salah bid was accepted, so technically that was successful.

In any case, I have no idea why Liverpool would offer so much for a player who has barely played all season for Benfica. Seems like most Liverpool fans would rather throw money away and complain about it later than not sign anyone.

15 million for someone who who can't even get any playing time in Portugal? Benfica are off their rocker especially considering that they sold Matic for only 25 million.

Walshy

Why are we after Andre Gomes? I don't see what he offers us. We don't need more players for the 'future'.
I have no idea about him, what type of player is he?

Well, actually the Salah bid was accepted, so technically that was successful.

In any case, I have no idea why Liverpool would offer so much for a player who has barely played all season for Benfica. Seems like most Liverpool fans would rather throw money away and complain about it later than not sign anyone.
Was the Salah bid accepted? I thought we refused to go over £8m.

I also have no idea why we would pay that much, is he highly rated?

sohois

I have no idea about him, what type of player is he?

Was the Salah bid accepted? I thought we refused to go over £8m.

I also have no idea why we would pay that much, is he highly rated?

All indications are that the Salah deal was going to be done before Chelsea came in. As for Gomes, Lambda gave him a good review but he's still barely played any football for Benfica this season.

Mata's 1st United blog post.

http://blogs.grada360.com/juanmata/en/2014/01/27/es-el-inicio-de-un-nuevo-camino/

Hi everyone!

As you know, this is my first post as a Manchester United player. Since the last time I wrote to you I have had a very intense week. Indeed, it has changed my life! In the last seven days many things have happened, up to the point that I’m in a new club and a new city. It’s been a week with mixed feelings, nerves, and times of sadness and happiness, and I have tried to enjoy every moment and learn from what life teaches you everyday.

L1NETT

Metro have an article about some girl who was upset Januzaj took her to Nando's chicken.

Award for the biggest non-news of the week goes too.....

She sounds awful, Adnan has poor taste in picking up girls over social media.

---

Dawwwww Mata sounds so sweet he needs a hug

tumblr_n01mgsQ2E21rlrngzo1_400.gif

Walshy

A player who would have a Luis Alberto-type impact at Liverpool.
All indications are that the Salah deal was going to be done before Chelsea came in. As for Gomes, Lambda gave him a good review but he's still barely played any football for Benfica this season.
If that's the case, I doubt the legitimacy of our interest. I think Brendan said we would only sign player in January which improved the first XI.

But managers often lie too and spending €15m on an unproven young player seems a very Liverpool thing to do.

Linius

5UHM7aR.png

LH6.gif

0-1 Lasse Schöne

Was a tough game because we didn't finish our chances early in the game, but Schöne delivered once again with this beauty of a goal.

VTEDViJ.png

As a result we're alone at the top at last :D

Italian journos talking about Vidic and Paletta as our CBs reinforcements. We really need another CB and if Mexes actually leaves Galliani will pretty much be forced to buy someone. Still, I don't see neither one coming to Milan in the next five days. Especially Paletta, Ghirardi won't sell him easily.

rossonero

Italian journos talking about Vidic and Paletta as our CBs reinforcements. We really need another CB and if Mexes actually leaves Galliani will pretty much be forced to buy someone. Still, I don't see neither one coming to Milan in the next five days. Especially Paletta, Ghirardi won't sell him easily.

Is Paletta even good?

Is Paletta even good?
I only remember an own goal he scored last year at San Siro, I guess it's something.

He could become good if he had a really good CB next to him. Which means that with our defensive line there's a high risk of just being another Zapata or Mexes. Maybe Suen knows a little more about him.

I'd go for Vidic, but I'm pretty sure United won't let him go.

I only remember an own goal he scored last year at San Siro, I guess it's something.

He could become good if he had a really good CB next to him. Which means that with our defensive line there's a high risk of just being another Zapata or Mexes. Maybe Suen knows a little more about him.

His contract is up at the end of the season and we aren't renewing. You can start talks with him...now!

rossonero

The problem is that Zapata, Mexes and Rami are such players as well. If they play next to a really good CB then they can raise their performances. We don't really need one more of those.

I don't know about Vidic, he hasn't really been in a good form for a long time now. Damn, there are not a lot of good defenders out there right now.

Jack cw

Draxler has to be worth 25 million right? A young talent like that for 10 million is far too low.
A bit hyperbole, yes. But his performance this season was rather mediocre. He is young, I know but to justify a 45 million EUR price he needs to perform constant thats why Schalkes claim is out of this world.

GorillaJu

A bit hyperbole, yes. But his performance this season was rather mediocre. He is young, I know but to justify a 45 million EUR price he needs to perform constant thats why Schalkes claim is out of this world.

It's easy to forget the reason transfer fees exist: they aren't a player's value based on statistics or his Fifa rating, it's just compensation to their club for breaking their contract early.

We rejected 40m or whatever for Suarez, not because we're holding out for Ronaldo money because we think he should be priced in that bracket, but because to Liverpool, his contract is worth more than 40m.

So I'd hazard a guess that if Schalke seriously won't go lower than 45m for Draxler, it's because they aren't in a situation where they can replace him easily enough to make it worth the cost. He might go for less later on, but there's football to be played, the sport isn't just a matter of breaking and resigning contracts (much to Ed Woodward's incredulity).

Randdalf

Ridiculous! They want the same price as Juan Mata!!! He's not the finished product.

It's either pay that fee now or pay a potentially grossly inflated one after the World Cup, when there could be more interested parties. Either way, they are bidding for the potential and the future value of the player.

3Sixty

Looking at the players Chelsea have on loan I'd happily just take a bunch of them for shaw.

PvA.
Chalobah.
Piazon
Bamford
Courtois

Randdalf

Looking at the players Chelsea have on loan I'd happily just take a bunch of them for shaw.

PvA.
Chalobah.
Piazon
Bamford
Courtois

I really like Chalobah from what I've seen of him. Could be an important player for England in the future if he's allowed to develop fully - a proper DM.

Jack cw

It's easy to forget the reason transfer fees exist: they aren't a player's value based on statistics or his Fifa rating, it's just compensation to their club for breaking their contract early.

We rejected 40m or whatever for Suarez, not because we're holding out for Ronaldo money because we think he should be priced in that bracket, but because to Liverpool, his contract is worth more than 40m.

So I'd hazard a guess that if Schalke seriously won't go lower than 45m for Draxler, it's because they aren't in a situation where they can replace him easily enough to make it worth the cost. He might go for less later on, but there's football to be played, the sport isn't just a matter of breaking and resigning contracts (much to Ed Woodward's incredulity).

This is true but in the end every player is measured by transfer fee. He is a quality player and is coming from Schalkes own youth. They arent depending on this amount of money though. If they can get a decent CM this winter, then Arsenal is in a good position for negotiations. My point is that I cant see how Draxler is going to improve Arsenals already great squad, especially for that amount of money.

TeddyBoy

The Mirror are linking us with Inler, with Agger going the other way.

Sounds legit!

Agger, Skrtel or both will surely go in the summer, with Agger being one of the biggest earners and us in need of a CDM midfielder, I can see why the Miror made this story. On the other hand, we barely have enough defenders as it is, so losing Agger won't help matters and then we'd probably have to put Suarez as vice-captain.

Since Inler's starting every game for Napoli, I really don't see why Benitez would make this swap.

pappe

It's either pay that fee now or pay a potentially grossly inflated one after the World Cup, when there could be more interested parties. Either way, they are bidding for the potential and the future value of the player.

Relax! Draxler is hardly gonna feature in the world cup. He is behind Muller, Gotze, Reus Ozil. He is not gonna start in knockout stages or important games. His value is not gonna increase exponentially.

Relax! Draxler is hardly gonna feature in the world cup. He is behind Muller, Gotze, Reus Ozil. He is not gonna start in knockout stages or important games. His value is not gonna increase exponentially.

Götze is rather injury-prone and knowing our luck, Reus will break himself before the end of February.

sohois

PvA.
Chalobah.
Piazon
Bamford
Courtois

Just scoop up their entire youth program, none of them will play for Chelsea anyway. Aside from Chalobad and Bamford there is Loftus-Cheek, Ake, Boga, McEachran, Baker and Feruz that could all be great players once they leave Chelsea.

Jack cw

Götze is rather injury-prone and knowing our luck, Reus will break himself before the end of February.

Is this really coincidence? Last season 3 Dortmund players had bone fractures in their faces. This season two CL ruptures, and ruptures of other ligaments with 2 other players. A sign of stress and fatigue?

GHG

Gold Member
It we are looking at spending £40-odd-million for Draxler we may as well go the whole hog and turn up the heat for Reus. Thats my view on it.

Having said that, I wouldn't be unhappy with Draxler. He definately has some of the attributes that would make him ideal for the classic Wenger winger-striker conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom