• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Deutsche Bank downgraded Manchester United (NYSE: MANU) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $16.00 (from $21.00). Analyst Doug Mitchelson expects greater player costs.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analys...Manchester+United+(MANU)+to+Hold/9088967.html
More stuff there about how they still expect a healthy growth over the next few years and stuff.

At one stage today the shares hit a 52 week low. I think they recovered though.

Viva - educate us. Is this working for United?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
De Gea
Rafael--Smalling--Evans--Evra
Fletcher--Cleverley
Valencia--Kagawa--Januzaj
Welbeck

That would be one depressing fucking team if we put that out tomorrow

Barzul

Mohamed Bouhafsi ‏@mohamedbouhafsi 2m
#PSG make offer of €19m for Yohan #Cabaye - PSG sporting director in England today Negotiations are tight.
#NUFC #RMCsport

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Last season's best XI according to the players (A 4-3-3. Even though no one used it last season lewl)

Handanovic
Maggio, Barzagli, Chiellini, De Sciglio
Vidal, Pirlo, Borja
Cavani, Balo, Di Natale.

Okay, fine, but Maggio?!

Pogba and Marchisio came 2nd and 3rd behind Borja.

edit: Coach: Conte. Allegri was third. Mazzarri wasn't even on the list even though he finished 2nd LOL

pulga

Banned
Deutsche Bank downgraded Manchester United (NYSE: MANU) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $16.00 (from $21.00). Analyst Doug Mitchelson expects greater player costs.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analys...Manchester+United+(MANU)+to+Hold/9088967.html
More stuff there about how they still expect a healthy growth over the next few years and stuff.

ask Jupp, our finances/economic expurt
smiling_moon2.png

kharma45

Signing players "not helpful" to "increasing brand monetization" :lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I sincerely think Moyes should start Mata, no fucking about with teams that are not working, we need wins, we need them fast, no messing around from now on.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BfBLJ6mIAAAJIWH.jpg

Conte "At Juventus, I'm at home. And at home, I feel well."

BfBMzg7CcAA81_5.png

Mimmo won best player in B. <3

Pirlo player of the season.

They won't go down :p

But if they don't do something about their losses they get kicked in the ass by the Uefa for the FFP thingy. You can't have more than 45 million in losses over three seasons. If you go over that you're ruled out for European football in the next season.

So you're saying that next season Vitesse will be as relevant in Europe as the rest of the Eredivisie clubs?

dc89

I assume that's the death knell for Javi Garcia then?

You'd imagine so. But even I have to admit that the last few games Garcia played, he played really well. Can't remember which game, but I had him as a close second for man of the match. He actually played really well.

You'd imagine so. But even I have to admit that the last few games Garcia played, he played really well. Can't remember which game, but I had him as a close second for man of the match. He actually played really well.

Driving up the price already. You really are the consummate PR professional.

Feorax

I agree, he seems to have done well recently. I'd take Garcia right now if the price was right.

Matuidi definitely a step up though.

Clegg

All the back pages of tomorrow's papers and going with the United clear out story. Says Moyes wants all under performers out.

Mr Cola

@Moyes and Redcafe

Reporter: Will you stay in Turin

Arturo Vidal: "Yes, for sure :)"

BfA_1KKCIAE0ysu.jpg:large

Ronaldo after the Champions league final said he would stay in Manchester

I wonder if, like Mata, he can be tempted by a helicopter flight

Feorax

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/27/liverpool-brendan-rodgers-chelsea-mohamed-salah?CMP=twt_gu

Brendan Rodgers has said Chelsea's capture of Mohamed Salah was "difficult to take" and he will be disappointed should Liverpool fail to strengthen their Champions League-chasing squad before the transfer deadline.

The Anfield club have not added to their ranks in the January window and lost out on their main transfer target when Chelsea gazumped an offer for the Basel winger Salah. The Egypt international joined José Mourinho's side for an initial £12m, with Liverpool, who had held extensive talks over the 21-year-old, refusing to increase their valuation of the player. Willian also joined Chelsea this season after Liverpool had moved first for the Brazilian forward.

Rodgers has kept Liverpool in Champions League contention all season but stressed a need for reinforcements plus concern at the impact of injury on qualification hopes before the transfer window opened. Those fears are being realised with Lucas Leiva, Glen Johnson, Daniel Agger, Mamadou Sakho and José Enrique all ruled out of the Merseyside derby against Everton on Tuesday and Joe Allen a major doubt.

The Liverpool manager is part of a transfer committee that the owners, Fenway Sports Group, installed at Anfield and said on Salah: "The club did everything they felt they possibly could to get a deal but it wasn't to be." Asked how Liverpool decided on their valuation of the winger, Rodgers replied: "That's for the money guys to say that. It's the construction of the whole deal, not only with the player and the agent but also Basel as a football club. It was deemed in this case that we couldn't do a deal and Chelsea could. So the boy has gone there."

He added: "That's something that is out of my control. We can identify the players that we want to bring in and we hope we can get them in. If we can the club will do everything possible to match the value of the player. If they end up going to another club that is difficult to take. But you can't worry about it, you've just got to keep looking forward."
Rodgers' explanation partly contradicted that offered by Ian Ayre, the managing director, as to why Liverpool missed out on the Egyptian. Speaking earlier at the launch of a two-year commercial deal with airline Garuda Indonesia, who will sponsor Liverpool's training kit and remain the club's official airline partner for £16m per year, Ayre said: "We haven't been held back from concluding a deal, it would be wrong to say that. The player decided he didn't want to come to Liverpool.
"We know what the value of the player is and how far we were prepared to go. That is something myself, Brendan and the others involved in the process discuss openly. We won't overpay. In every transfer window you win some and lose some."

Rodgers claimed "there's certainly nothing imminent" ahead of Friday's deadline and will reserve judgment on Liverpool's transfer business until after the window. "We will see where we are at when the window shuts," he said. "Of course I wanted to strengthen the team that was already here. If we are unable to do that it would be disappointing, but there's nothing you can do about it. If we don't get them in then as a coach I'll work with what I've got. I am very optimistic and will rinse everything out of the players we have.
"The owners feel like that as well [that Liverpool need to strengthen]. They feel like that and the people in the club see where we are at. We've shown up until now that we can really challenge at the top end of the table. We've wanted to bring in players who could help us and players of quality. Let's hope we can do that between now and the end of the window."

Sounds like we're not down and out yet.

Tc91

Ben Smith &#8207;@BenSmithBBC 7m
#NUFC and PSG have agreed a deal for Yohan Cabaye. More details to come

Ben Smith &#8207;@BenSmithBBC 2m
Cabaye will fly to Paris tomorrow for medical and will now obviously not play for Newcastle against Norwich tomorrow

Bye bye Cabaye.

Clegg

Basically Moyes thinks he's given players a fair go in the team and if the performances of some of them don't pick up then they'll be out the door. Mata is just the first step in the rebuilding process and he wants to bring in "better players" to improve the team.

If you asked him the positions he wanted to fix the most then he'd target midfield and left back, but sometimes you can't find the right players in January. Says he signed Mata to play anywhere across the front line and he'll be used as best he can.

And he says there probably won't be any more signings this January.

Jarnet87

^ We all expected to have Moyes evaluate the players personally for a season before making big changes. Lets be honest though, how hard is it to rate Ashley Young, Anderson, Cleverly etc. Any guy who watched 15 minutes of United play could tell you these guys were playing like trash.

Ronaldo said he was staying a bunch of times in 2009. Fergie "I wouldn't sell Madrid a virus."

Regardless of Vidal, what player is going to come out and say "Yes fuck this club, I want to leave it now."

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

La Liga summed up in one gif

nice avatar
KuGsj.gif

Ronaldo said he was staying a bunch of times in 2009. Fergie "I wouldn't sell Madrid a virus."

Regardless of Vidal, what player is going to come out and say "Yes fuck this club, I want to leave it now."

if he's unsettled he'd say "I'll consider every offer"
"you never know"
"only GOD knows"
"ask Marotta"
"for now I'm with Juve"
"Wait, let me check with Tancredi"

Mr Cola

Basically Moyes says he thinks he's given players a fair go in the team and if the performances of some of them don't pick up then they'll be out the door. Says Mata is just the first step in the rebuilding process and he wants to bring in "better players" to improve the team.

Said if you asked him the positions he wanted to fix the mist the he'd target midfield and left back, but sometimes you can't find the right players in January. Says he signed Mata to play anywhere across the front line and he'll be used as best he can.

And he says there probably won't be any more signings this January.

Good, in retrospect perhaps we were too hard on Moyes in the summer, he stuck to his word and gave everyone in the team a fair chance and some of them were obviously riding on others. That being said id prefer a slow rebuild to a wholesale team change, there is talent there among the rubble, no need to discard what could be made useful with other additions.

Jarnet87

Lots of IF's but if Kroos wants out to Chelsea or United, I wonder if Moyes and Woodward are prepared to play the game and pay those pesky agent fees. We know for sure Chelsea will pay the extra few million pounds to have that agent tip the scales.

Mr Cola

Really nice to see Moyes stepping up now, finally coming into his own a bit, stamping some authority on the club, I believe the fear factor Fergie had was a large portion of our success and that was lost in the first half of the season. Players have to fear replacement or they wont give everything they have got, just look at City, if the players play badly they will be replaced the next year, pure and simple, no reputations, just a huge pile of money hanging over everyones heads.

Elchele

Guys, seriously, if you want to keep the Kroos talk is your choice. I just warn you, he is not going to leave. It is kind of hard to describe why, but Kroos is the last one of our players (maybe Lahm next to him) that I would think could leave.

Maybe back in the day when Bayern weren't good enough, but now we're the best team (I guess?) and he's finally playing in his desired position as #8, and he's an absolute starter. He just wants to receive the same treatment (money) as Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Ribéry.

There's a bigger chance of Schweinsteiger leaving in 2015 than Kroos.

edit: Cabaye to PSG is done. wut

K1LLER7

I don't see Kroos leaving either. He'll probably sign a new contract towards the summer.

Bye bye Cabaye. Kyoufu, you want to loan Cleverley?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal's wife saved us by getting pregnant to be honest
KuGsj.gif
God bless Torino's faulty condoms!

Guys, seriously, if you want to keep the Kroos talk is your choice. I just warn you, he is not going to leave. It is kind of hard to describe why, but Kroos is the last one of our players (maybe Lahm next to him) that I would think could leave.

Maybe back in the day when Bayern weren't good enough, but now we're the best team (I guess?) and he's finally playing in his desired position as #8, and he's an absolute starter. He just wants to receive the same treatment (money) as Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Ribéry.

There's a bigger chance of Schweinsteiger leaving in 2015 than Kroos.

he wants to be the main star

Moyes' main boy

the guy with the 9 triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom