• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw two completely different (but fantastic!) films today. Wolf of Wall Street and Inside Llewyn Davis.

My god, WOWS was absolutely hilarious, could not stop laughing
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
dat palsy scene

ILD was a lovely, lovely film. <3 the Coens.

Clegg

Took Feyenoord to Champion's League, scoring 20 goals in 23 games or something.
Ahem..

Don't be correcting me with facts pls.

Although since then he's done nothing of note. Yes he was sick, but he really can't afford to be seen as having an attitude problem.

Wes

venison crêpe
Welcome back bla!

On the matter of bundesliga stuff, what is happening with Aaron Hunt. Isn't his contract up at the end of the season?

GorillaJu

Liverpool-GAF, it doesn't seem like Rodgers is too happy with Ayre:

That's from the Times and Tony Barretts article in tomorrows edition.

I really hope this is when we begin to get a competent MD to run the club.

Ayre has done really well in running the club as far as I'm concerned, but transfer negotiations just haven't been fruitful enough. When the manager is saying that he and the owners both want to strengthen and they still can't get a transfer done after tapping up the player months in advance, something should change. I wouldn't be surprised if the owners brought in someone who can do a better job closing deals with players.

The amount of commercial deals we've done under Ayre is pretty remarkable considering our league position and that's the best way for the club to move forward financially. It has sustainability and counts as revenue for FFP. But the transfers need some work.

Deutsche Bank downgraded Manchester United (NYSE: MANU) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $16.00 (from $21.00). Analyst Doug Mitchelson expects greater player costs.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analys...Manchester+United+(MANU)+to+Hold/9088967.html
More stuff there about how they still expect a healthy growth over the next few years and stuff.

At one stage today the shares hit a 52 week low. I think they recovered though.

Viva - educate us. Is this working for United?

It doesn't help that these jokers don't really understand footers but when Woody announces a few more sponsors the ship will right.

kharma45

Aw yissssss.

When?!

Pretty much all of March and April. I've one bit back in Belfast between 31 March – 9 April but bar that (and weekends when I can do what I want, will fly home most) I'm in London five days a week. Well when I say London I'm sort of near Chesham, 45 mins from Central London according to my joining instructions.

Clegg

Are Liverpool's woes down to FSG being reluctant to allow any sort of big money deal?

Just my own speculation, but did Dalglish's blown £100m put them off massive spends or was the plan always to spend big in one window and be prudent afterwards?

Timbuktu

Are Liverpool's woes down to FSG being reluctant to allow any sort of big money deal?

Just my own speculation, but did Dalglish's blown £100m put them off massive spends or was the plan always to spend big in one window and be prudent afterwards?

Maybe they got lucky with Red Sox, winning while buying cheap. They have obviously changed their tact over there in terms of spending, so I don't see why they couldn't have changed over here as well.

Pretty much all of March and April. I've one bit back in Belfast between 31 March &#8211; 9 April but bar that (and weekends when I can do what I want, will fly home most) I'm in London five days a week. Well when I say London I'm sort of near Chesham, 45 mins from Central London according to my joining instructions.

Ah okay. Yeah Chesham is a bit of a ways out but it doesn't take too long to get into the city.

I'm headed to Bristol in March but will no doubt still be in London now and then.

We should meet up. You can have a beer and I'll have a chai latte and we'll watch Moyes Boyes crush.

Yesssss hahahaha.

Yen

Think it's a bit of both.
Maybe they got lucky with Red Sox, winning while buying cheap. They have obviously changed their tact over there in terms of spending, so I don't see why they couldn't have changed over here as well.
I don't think the Red Soz won cheaply despite as much Moneyball rhetoric we initially heard, but I don't follow baseball.
Have they outed CBOAT? :lololol

How was he outed beyond someone saying he was German?

qindarka

Banned
So Chelsea fans I have a question,, provoked by watching a sky panel discussion on Mata. One of the points brought forward, among the obvious ones, was that Mata could not fit into a Chelsea team that was transitioning from fancy but sometimes ineffective football to solid, effective but not necessarily exciting football, because this is what Jose knows. My question is, does this prospect entice you? To win games 1-0, keep the back door shut, becoming good at keeping a lead rather than extending it. I dont have an answer im looking for and no answer is wrong, im just curious.

Sure, if it works. Not like we've been all that fun to watch over the last 3 years or so. And Mourinho's defensiveness is exaggerated, we have scored the 3rd highest amount of goals in the league, despite a crippling inability to kill teams off.

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Permanent banning,
No escape from fatality.

Open your eyes,
Look up to Mumei and see,
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
Because I'm sleeplessnights, kiplessdays,
Mo Salah, Rapey Dave,
Anyway Wilbur blows, doesn't really do it to me, to me.

Mama, just banned three men,
Posted balls into this thread,
Pulled my trigger, now they're dead.
Mama, life had just begun,
But now I've gone and thrown it all away.

Mama, ooh,
Didn't mean to make bud cry,
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow,
Carry on, carry on as if my alt has been discovered.

Too late, my time has come,
Sent shivers down my spine,
Need dat access all the time.
Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go,
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth.

Mama, ooh (anyway, Wilbur blows),
I don't wanna die,
I sometimes wish I'd never posted balls at all.

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
WoodenLung, WoodenLung, will you be my Mandingo?
Salvadora and Lightning,
Very, very frightening me.
(Anton and Rio) Anton and Rio.
(Anton and Rio) Anton and Rio,
Rio Ferdinand
Magnifico.

I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me.
He's just a poor boy with a now-banned IP
Spare him his life from 4Chan and FB.

Easy come, easy go, will you unban Arnold?
Kipmillah! No, we will not unban Arnold.
(Pls Mumei!) Kipmillah! We will not unban Arnold.
(Pls Mumei!) Kipmillah! We will not unban Arnold.
(Pls Mumei) Will not unban Arnold.
(Pls Mumei) Will not unban Arnold.
(Never, never, never unban Kermit) Ah.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
(Oh, Mumei mia, Mumei mia) Mumei mia, let me go.
Beelzebud has an alt put aside for me, for me, for me.

So you think you can ban me and take out three guys?
So you think you can fuck me and leave me to #die?
Oh, Evilore, can't do this to me, Evilore,
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here.

(Oh, yeah, oh yeah)

Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters,
Nothing really matters to me.

Anyway, Wilbur blows.

kharma45

Ah okay. Yeah Chesham is a bit of a ways out but it doesn't take too long to get into the city.

I'm headed to Bristol in March but will no doubt still be in London now and then.

We should meet up. You can have a beer and I'll have a chai latte and we'll watch Moyes Boyes crush.

Nearest tube stop to me is Chalfont & Latimer on the Metropolitan line. Mile and a half from where I'm based so not too hard to get to.

Aye I'd be well up for a drink and watching a match. I would possibly even join you in a latte too, I'll end up expensing it any way so it doesn't really matter what I have ha.

Adam Crafton &#8207;@AdamCrafton_ 4m
Juan Mata's dad just been on Spanish radio. Says JM 'wasn't used to not playing', #mufc 'a massive club', Mata 'excited like a little boy'

little

boy

Carbonox

I'm watching the highlights of the Grammys and is Lorde really even a thing? What a creepy goblin of a human being. There's quirky and there is just being a total div. Shite music too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom