• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I can't say I'll miss Cabaye in the PL. His tackling is worse than Scholes, he goes for the ankle every time.

Carbonox

I'm happy for Cabaye as a player. He's gone to the right place and he's finally getting Champions League Football. I may need to build a PSG shrine now.

I'm just fucking....I dunno. I just feel so strange about the fact that it's done even though it was an inevitability. Cabaye will no longer be a Newcastle player this month. Dreamboat is gone, the top 15 finish dream is dead, Newcastle will end up worse than Sunderland.

We won't sign anyone and it's funny how this one player - our best player and one of our best players in years - going has now resulted in me having zero desire to see how this season pans out now. We can't play Football without Cabaye's influence in midfield. Chris Hughton's laughing leading in to tomorrow's match.

We had no fucking need whatsoever to sell him this week. None. We would have got the same offer - if not more - in the Summer when it made more sense to sell him.

Anyway, I'm naturally unhappy with this but whatever, I knew full well it was going to happen.

/childishrant

In all seriousness though, good for Cabaye. Treat him well, Paris Hilton you slut.

He'lll definitely stand out less in the PSG squad but he will do a good CM job for them. Naturally he looked far greater for Newcastle where he was head and shoulders above his peers but even in the France squad he's a starter and pretty damn good there too.

Zabojnik

coverhome_llorente.jpg

Llorente > french ratface Giroud

Meier

A few rumblings on Twitter today that City are in advanced talks with PSG over signing him.
I think Rodwell's crappy performance against Watford is probably his death knell. We probably would have waited on Matuidi until the summer to sign him on a free otherwise.

We'll always have the Norwich game where he was Godwell.

K1LLER7

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/27/david-moyes-manchester-united-juan-mata?CMP=twt_gu

David Moyes has warned his failing Manchester United players he has run out of patience and will move them out of the club if they continue to underachieve between now and the end of the season.

In his strongest warning yet that he is not going to tolerate any more underperforming Moyes said: "I am not going to accept it. I am disappointed we are not in a much stronger position. I am disappointed with how we have played. I, ultimately, take the rap for that. But what I will do is make it right. I am going to get better players in. Unfortunately I don't think there will be more in January. But it will change."

Moyes has agreed to loan Wilfried Zaha to Cardiff City after repeatedly clashing with the former Crystal Palace player. Fábio da Silva is also joining Cardiff, United's opponents on Tuesday night for Juan Mata's debut, and there will be an overhaul of the squad at the end of the season. Rio Ferdinand is among those who will probably be let go.

Moyes added: "I have given every player the opportunity to play and show what they can do. We have had a pretty good chance to have a look at it. The players have to perform. If they want to be here and making sure they have a jersey, they have to show it in the games. Undoubtedly this club wants to be at the top. We want to be challenging. At this moment in time we have failed to do that. We want to do something about it."

He also warned that the "rebuilding process" is still only in its early stages despite Mata's arrival from Chelsea.

"The message this sends, as I said in the summer, is that we're going for all the best players in the world. Juan is one of those players. He's a top Spanish player, a top Premier League player and I think if you asked any supporter, no matter what club they support, they would be an admirer.

"There will be more players like Juan in the future, no doubt about that. He plays for Spain, he's played in big games already for club and country. I do see him fitting in and, hopefully, it doesn't take him much time. But I also still think coming to Manchester United is a big change, for any player or any manager. It's a big thing and he can't solve everything.

"I've got a big job to do here and a couple of new signings isn't all that is needed. I think there's a bigger job to be done but you have to start somewhere. If you asked me what I needed most, I would have said a central midfielder. I could do with a left-back, too, but sometimes you don't always get the pieces of the jigsaw at the time. It's all part of a rebuilding process."

Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie have resumed full training after their recent injury issues and that means United will potentially have a new-look attack on the night when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer returns to Old Trafford for the first time as a manager.

"Juan has come to play three positions – off the right, off the left and behind the striker," Moyes said. "He gives me a lot of flexibility. I have been without Wayne for about a month, Robin for two months, and I think if I'd had Juan in that period, I'd more than likely have had better results. Juan will play in different positions, and we could have done with him in the last month or two."

United are six points behind the top four and Champions League qualification but now have a run of games, against Cardiff, Stoke City and Fulham, that presents the opportunity to make up some lost ground before they take on the leaders, Arsenal, at the Emirates on 12 February.

"Yes, we've definitely got an opportunity," Moyes said. "But I've been saying that since October and it's not quite happened for us. I don't know [if we can reach the top four]. It sounds like the stock answer but I'm probably going to have to win all of our remaining games. The only way you can start that kind of run is by winning the next one, then see where you go from there. But I've got to think, now that I'm getting players back, if we can get them match-fit, we have a chance."

The alternative would make Moyes' job of attracting his top targets considerably harder in the summer. "It's imperative," he said.

--------
Get to the top 4 and look forward to the summer :D

Gibbo

i cant believe the club is fucking selling Cabaye. can we now please sell Kinnear as well so we can start bringing in decent players again

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm happy for Cabaye as a player. He's gone to the right place and he's finally getting Champions League Football. I may need to build a PSG shrine now.

I'm just fucking....I dunno. I just feel so strange about the fact that it's done even though it was an inevitability. Cabaye will no longer be a Newcastle player this month. Dreamboat is gone, the top 15 finish dream is dead, Newcastle will end up worse than Sunderland.

can you imagine how this guy
ib2prFi25kEdBe.png
feels right now?

betrayed and confused.

ib2prFi25kEdBe.png
+Reus-rain-gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/27/david-moyes-manchester-united-juan-mata?CMP=twt_gu

David Moyes has warned his failing Manchester United players he has run out of patience and will move them out of the club if they continue to underachieve between now and the end of the season.

In his strongest warning yet that he is not going to tolerate any more underperforming Moyes said: "I am not going to accept it. I am disappointed we are not in a much stronger position. I am disappointed with how we have played. I, ultimately, take the rap for that. But what I will do is make it right. I am going to get better players in. Unfortunately I don't think there will be more in January. But it will change."

Moyes has agreed to loan Wilfried Zaha to Cardiff City after repeatedly clashing with the former Crystal Palace player. Fábio da Silva is also joining Cardiff, United's opponents on Tuesday night for Juan Mata's debut, and there will be an overhaul of the squad at the end of the season. Rio Ferdinand is among those who will probably be let go.

Moyes added: "I have given every player the opportunity to play and show what they can do. We have had a pretty good chance to have a look at it. The players have to perform. If they want to be here and making sure they have a jersey, they have to show it in the games. Undoubtedly this club wants to be at the top. We want to be challenging. At this moment in time we have failed to do that. We want to do something about it."

He also warned that the "rebuilding process" is still only in its early stages despite Mata's arrival from Chelsea.

"The message this sends, as I said in the summer, is that we're going for all the best players in the world. Juan is one of those players. He's a top Spanish player, a top Premier League player and I think if you asked any supporter, no matter what club they support, they would be an admirer.

"There will be more players like Juan in the future, no doubt about that. He plays for Spain, he's played in big games already for club and country. I do see him fitting in and, hopefully, it doesn't take him much time. But I also still think coming to Manchester United is a big change, for any player or any manager. It's a big thing and he can't solve everything.

"I've got a big job to do here and a couple of new signings isn't all that is needed. I think there's a bigger job to be done but you have to start somewhere. If you asked me what I needed most, I would have said a central midfielder. I could do with a left-back, too, but sometimes you don't always get the pieces of the jigsaw at the time. It's all part of a rebuilding process."

Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie have resumed full training after their recent injury issues and that means United will potentially have a new-look attack on the night when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer returns to Old Trafford for the first time as a manager.

"Juan has come to play three positions – off the right, off the left and behind the striker," Moyes said. "He gives me a lot of flexibility. I have been without Wayne for about a month, Robin for two months, and I think if I'd had Juan in that period, I'd more than likely have had better results. Juan will play in different positions, and we could have done with him in the last month or two."

United are six points behind the top four and Champions League qualification but now have a run of games, against Cardiff, Stoke City and Fulham, that presents the opportunity to make up some lost ground before they take on the leaders, Arsenal, at the Emirates on 12 February.

"Yes, we've definitely got an opportunity," Moyes said. "But I've been saying that since October and it's not quite happened for us. I don't know [if we can reach the top four]. It sounds like the stock answer but I'm probably going to have to win all of our remaining games. The only way you can start that kind of run is by winning the next one, then see where you go from there. But I've got to think, now that I'm getting players back, if we can get them match-fit, we have a chance."

The alternative would make Moyes' job of attracting his top targets considerably harder in the summer. "It's imperative," he said.

--------
Get to the top 4 and look forward to the summer :D

Makes my knees tremble, take me Moyes

Is it too late to sign Cabella? Kinnear pls.

Probably. You have to hope that you guys somehow maintain decent form and you'll finish in the top half.

Then you have to put faith in Ashley and Kinnear that you'll get the funds and the signings in the summer to make another push up the table next season.

Either that or they'll be an exodus with Ben Arfa and Krul will be the first to jump ship.

Carbonox

Probably. You have to hope that you guys somehow maintain decent form and you'll finish in the top half.

Then you have to put faith in Ashley and Kinnear that you'll get the funds and the signings in the summer to make another push up the table next season.

Either that or they'll be an exodus with Ben Arfa and Krul will be the first to jump ship.

Losing Sissoko or Gouffran would be more devastating than losing Ben Arfa.

When our owners are doing the same shit they did with Carroll, faith will never be in the equation. Clueless clueless cunts. I'd rather have Blackburn's owners.

Blablurn

ive been playing a border control simulation of the mother country, comrade

papers
pls understand, ive been busy

is that thiago humping him? jonathan dos santos is gonna be sooooo jealous

Yes. The one and only Thiago. The player who will shoot us to the CL win
next year

Kyoufu

When our owners are doing the same shit they did with Carroll, faith will never be in the equation. Clueless clueless cunts. I'd rather have Blackburn's owners.

I wouldn't go that far mate. At least we made a large profit on Cabaye. Sure, I'd love an ambitious and wealthy owner to take us to dizzying heights but Ashley does deserve *SOME* credit. Not a lot, but some.

Walshy

Liverpool-GAF, it doesn't seem like Rodgers is too happy with Ayre:

Brendan Rodgers has admitted that he will be 'disappointed' if Liverpool fail to add to their squad during the January transfer window, having confirmed that no signings are imminent.

"We'll probably judge that best when the window has shut,", the Liverpool manager said. "Of course I wanted to strengthen the team that was already here. If we are unable to do that, it would be disappointing, but there's nothing you can do about it."

Mohammed Salah, Liverpool's main target, has joined Chelsea, and Rodgers appeared to be at cross purposes with Ian Ayre, the club's managing director, over the reasons why they missed out on the winger.

While Ayre claimed that "the player decided he didn't want to come to Liverpool", Rodgers was of the belief that Liverpool had failed to meet Basle's valuation of the Egypt player. When pressed on why not, Rodgers said that was a question for the "money guys".

"It's the construction of the whole deal, not only with the players and the agent and Basle as a football club," Rodgers said. "But it was deemed in this case we couldn't do a deal and Chelsea could. So the boy has gone there.

"That's something that is out of my control. We can identify the players that we want to bring in and we hope we can get them in. The club will then do everything possible to match the value of the player. If they end up going to another club that is, of corse, difficult to take. But you can't worry about it, you've got to keep looking forward".
That's from the Times and Tony Barretts article in tomorrows edition.

I really hope this is when we begin to get a competent MD to run the club.

Carbonox

I wouldn't go that far mate. At least we made a large profit on Cabaye. Sure, I'd love an ambitious and wealthy owner to take us to dizzying heights but Ashley does deserve *SOME* credit. Not a lot, but some.

I think I only really give him credit for holding out for so much money where Carroll and Cabaye are concerned, and forking over dat cash for last January's spending spree. All those players have become genuinely good for the club. However, that was between him and Llambeezee (who I actually must thank for making some shit happen too). He's gone and Kinnear's came back in a damaging position. Ain't ever gonna get good results out of this now.

That's it though. He undermines himself all the time. I don't understand why either. Business-savvy, turned Newcastle in to a financial independent club, can turn them in to a much bigger club if he really wanted to, seems to want to do right by the fans but the majority of his actual actions suggest otherwise. As if he's just a puppet of some higher power
Joe Kinnear

Most baffling ownership I've witnessed. :lol

Blablurn

But I have to admit I feel almost sorry for Dortmund. Sucks for Kuba. No one deserves those 6 months knee injuries.

I also read that Falcao still hopes to go to the World Cup. I'm sure they will pump him up with drugs to play there. And then his career will die down cause everyone is destroyed in his leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom