• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

The club that makes little boys happy..Moysey's United

ibw9ufWuGoCuMW.png

Suen

Oh shit it was fun knowing you footy-gaf.

Wes and Bishop pls spare Parma-GAF. You can ban Madrid-GAF
myself excluded

K1LLER7

Pep Guardiola: Yes, with Mata Manchester United have now got one of the best attacks in the world. I am surprised about the transfer.

Elchele

Welcome back bla!

On the matter of bundesliga stuff, what is happening with Aaron Hunt. Isn't his contract up at the end of the season?

do you want to know if he will join Villa? :lol
Yes, his contract is ending at the end of the season and looks like he wont' renew. Average player, Bremen legend?

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Permanent banning,
No escape from fatality.

Open your eyes,
Look up to Mumei and see,
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
Because I'm sleeplessnights, kiplessdays,
Mo Salah, Rapey Dave,
Anyway Wilbur blows, doesn't really do it to me, to me.

Mama, just banned three men,
Posted balls into this thread,
Pulled my trigger, now they're dead.
Mama, life had just begun,
But now I've gone and thrown it all away.

Mama, ooh,
Didn't mean to make bud cry,
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow,
Carry on, carry on as if my alt has been discovered.

Too late, my time has come,
Sent shivers down my spine,
Need dat access all the time.
Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go,
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth.

Mama, ooh (anyway, Wilbur blows),
I don't wanna die,
I sometimes wish I'd never posted balls at all.

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
WoodenLung, WoodenLung, will you be my Mandingo?
Salvadora and Lightning,
Very, very frightening me.
(Anton and Rio) Anton and Rio.
(Anton and Rio) Anton and Rio,
Rio Ferdinand
Magnifico.

I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me.
He's just a poor boy with a now-banned IP
Spare him his life from 4Chan and FB.

Easy come, easy go, will you unban Arnold?
Kipmillah! No, we will not unban Arnold.
(Pls Mumei!) Kipmillah! We will not unban Arnold.
(Pls Mumei!) Kipmillah! We will not unban Arnold.
(Pls Mumei) Will not unban Arnold.
(Pls Mumei) Will not unban Arnold.
(Never, never, never unban Kermit) Ah.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
(Oh, Mumei mia, Mumei mia) Mumei mia, let me go.
Beelzebud has an alt put aside for me, for me, for me.

So you think you can ban me and take out three guys?
So you think you can fuck me and leave me to #die?
Oh, Evilore, can't do this to me, Evilore,
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here.

(Oh, yeah, oh yeah)

Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters,
Nothing really matters to me.

Anyway, Wilbur blows.

Adam Crafton ‏@AdamCrafton_ 4m
Juan Mata's dad just been on Spanish radio. Says JM 'wasn't used to not playing', #mufc 'a massive club', Mata 'excited like a little boy'

little

boy

iQRmXfB5oHQ04.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
do you want to know if he will join Villa? :lol
Yes, his contract is ending at the end of the season and looks like he wont' renew. Average player, Bremen legend?

No no. I don't think we could attract someone from a Bundesliga midtable team :(

Just was randomly looking around whoscored at the various leagues and I remembered him.

Nearest tube stop to me is Chalfont & Latimer on the Metropolitan line. Mile and a half from where I'm based so not too hard to get to.

Aye I'd be well up for a drink and watching a match. I would possibly even join you in a latte too, I'll end up expensing it any way so it doesn't really matter what I have ha.
Yeah. Chalfont & Latimer is way out on the Met Line but pretty sure you can get the fast train into London with it which is good. Wilbur wants to join us for a game.

Damn you private sector workers and your expenses. Can't get frickin anything in the CS. At least the pensions good!

So is that your first posting? Or have you already started?

kharma45

Yeah. Chalfont & Latimer is way out on the Met Line but pretty sure you can get the fast train into London with it which is good. Wilbur wants to join us for a game.

Damn you private sector workers and your expenses. Can't get frickin anything in the CS. At least the pensions good!

So is that your first posting? Or have you already started?

Happy days, the more the merrier.

Hey the CS was my preferred career! I'll just have to look for other roads in, or see how far I can get in this :p at least I get to work with a broad range of clients. Expenses system does seem good for us, and there are some nice perks too for being out of the office on stuff like this.

Na this isn't my first posting, it's all training afaik. It seems to be a mixture of classroom based stuff and 'business experience weeks' whatever that entails. One of the fellas I chatted to at our first social drinks meet up who started in September said it's mostly networking and presenations.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I got a little warm inside when I heard Mourinho describe the PL as the best and most competitive, though im sure every countrys fans think that of their league. Anyone know how the PL is seen abroad?

Elchele

I got a little warm inside when I heard Mourinho describe the PL as the best and most competitive, though im sure every countrys fans think that of their league. Anyone know how the PL is seen abroad?

It depends. In Honduras it became popular when Wigan started to sign honduran players, before that it was an unknown league. Still La Liga is the most popular

I think a lot of its popularity is related to the huge amount of foreign players in the league.

Here in Argentina I don't think people give much of a shit about foreign leagues, Serie A in any case must be the most popular foreign league, but mostly they only follow the local league.

Although I saw a wanker with a City jersey the other day

Yen

RAWK reckons this is our team tomorrow:

Mignolet, Flanagan, Toure, Skrtel, Cissokho, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez

Oy vey, that midfield will get overrun. Let's hope SAS are inform.

RAWK reckons this is our team tomorrow:

Mignolet, Flanagan, Toure, Skrtel, Cissokho, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez

Oy vey, that midfield will get overrun. Let's hope SAS are inform.

McGeady and Traore are going to tear you guys a new asshole. Dat Russian League pedigree.

Salazar

I don't think he starts anymore. Didn't play in the last game and only got 10 minutes the game before that. I think he'll need another loan after this season. He's still very young too.

Don't think we have a youth/squad promotion that can "cover" Chicha. I mean, Mata gets goals, but..

Jarnet87

Don't think we have a youth/squad promotion that can "cover" Chicha. I mean, Mata gets goals, but..

We could recall Angelo Henriquez, or if it's next summer he may be ready for some first team appearances. We wouldn't really have a depth problem if Moyes wasn't so set on Rooney behind the striker. We'd have Rooney, RVP, and Welbeck. More then enough for 1 position.

I finally got BeinSports. I used Dishworld, for $9 a month I have Bein and the Spanish version. I can finally watch Serie A and La Liga in English. And even though it is internet streaming, the visual quality is leagues better than RAI.

#SeedorfDifference

Jarnet87

The Serie A games on Bein or fox sports are always one man crews commentating lol. Or they use to be. Not sure if Hudson and the other guy call Serie A games ever.

portuguese media reporting Lazio interest in Postiga and, hold on, André Gomes to Mónaco.

what did i tell you, Sviat, Mendes had to have someone lined up to take Gomes in.

Salazar

I'd love to see someone at the top of the club with some fucking balls who goes around bidding for Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona, Arsenal, City and United players. Really put the fucking wind up them and see what happens. Bid 25 million for Wilshere. They can only say no but the message that sends is that we mean fucking business. The worst thing they can do is tell us to fuck off, but from it, we'll get great publicity, people will start to take us more seriously and the player might even fancy it.

RAWK pls

crying

K1LLER7

If Chicha leaves, we should try and get Kondogbia in return if possible.

Would rather we try and get a player we need and offer Chicha.

Meier

If Chicha leaves, we should try and get Kondogbia in return if possible.

Would rather we try and get a player we need and offer Chicha.

There's no way they'll get rid of one of the best young French players in the world. Both Monaco and PSG want to have a pretty good French core.

I swear, the fucking work permit system is such a pain when managing an English club. Yordy Reyna even with his 9 caps has been turned down. He would have absolutely helped get my Reading back to the Prem. :mad:

ATF487

Are Liverpool's woes down to FSG being reluctant to allow any sort of big money deal?

Just my own speculation, but did Dalglish's blown £100m put them off massive spends or was the plan always to spend big in one window and be prudent afterwards?

Not sure, I think they know they can't compete with clubs like City and Chelsea so they're trying to fight on a different front, but it's not really working.

Red Sox under FSG have been one of the biggest spenders in MLB, but the Moneyball conversation is relevant with regards to Liverpool since they tend to value players heavily based on statistics. I think FSG have bought players purely based on certain stats; Downing specifically comes to mind, and I wouldn't be surprised if Carroll was bought because he's x% more likely to win a header.

I think they also value players independently from what the market dictates, heavily preferring to bid for younger players. Dempsey wasn't signed because they didn't want to pay over their valuation for an "aging" player, even though the winning Spurs bid was for a relative pittance. Salah too was signed by Chelsea for 11m, 1m less than what Basel had as a valuation. Given what players are going for nowadays, 12m for a promising young player in the January transfer window doesn't seem too crazy, but Liverpool still started at 8m.

I don't think they're dumb enough to low ball everyone, but it's starting to feel that way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom