• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking scousers complaining about Arsenal ticket prices. You can't afford it then don't come.

There are better ways for them to spend their benefits then watching Liverpool get knocked out.

The Serie A games on Bein or fox sports are always one man crews commentating lol. Or they use to be. Not sure if Hudson and the other guy call Serie A games ever.

I just rewatched some of the Milan game (the Dish app keeps everything that aired in the past couple of days, it's pretty cool) and it had two announcers. American play caller and Britishy color commentator.

Fox Soccer used to have one man commentating games sometimes. Paul Visca was pretty good though. RAI International does solo commentating in Italian, could put you to sleep though.

I just rewatched some of the Milan game (the Dish app keeps everything that aired in the past couple of days, it's pretty cool) and it had two announcers. American play caller and Britishy color commentator.

Fox Soccer used to have one man commentating games sometimes. Paul Visca was pretty good though.

british colour commentator would have been Hudson.

I really wish the American channels would just use the international feed commentators all the time. So painful listening to two guys in a studio in America acting like they are there.

Yen

Fucking scousers complaining about Arsenal ticket prices. You can't afford it then don't come.

There are better ways for them to spend their benefits then watching Liverpool get knocked out.

image.php

For Coldplay gigs maybe, but not for football

hahaha.

Some of the most comfortable seats in a stadium around, fucking hell fulham still has wooden seats. I almost got a splinter there once.

Great viewing angles, great facilities. and easy to get to.

LiverpoolGaf- Does Anfield have still have a McDonalds or did it once have one inside the stadium??? I swear I went to one inside the actual stadium during Euro 96.

Isn't Lovren out??? They have been playing rather poorly when I have watched them recently. I really can't see them stopping us from scoring. Hopefully we can control the midfield and prevent them from creating chances.

I would like to see Podolski start. Give him 45 minutes and Santi the other 45

Meier

YES! My Reading team just won the Capital One Cup legitimately (no reloading!) over United 4-1. Was up 2-0 then they fought back and made it 2-1 despite Fellaini getting a red card but I got 2 late goals. Giovanni Simeone is a fucking revelation! In 34 games, he has 12 goals and 17 assists for me -- not bad for an 18 year old! This kid plays for River Plate and has Spanish ancestry so I had no work permit issues. He scored 1 and set up 1 in the COC final.

This comes on the heels of beating Chelsea 2-1 in the 5th round of the FA Cup. Mourinho claimed we had zero chance before the match. Soton up next!

Lightning

Banned
Isn't Lovren out??? They have been playing rather poorly when I have watched them recently. I really can't see them stopping us from scoring. Hopefully we can control the midfield and prevent them from creating chances.

I would like to see Podolski start. Give him 45 minutes and Santi the other 45
Yep, he's out. I still remember last season when we only managed a draw here and we're very lucky to get that, our goal was an own goal and we got owned in the midfield that day. Wilshere out, Ramsey hasn't played for ages, Arteta just come back. I'm wondering who our midfield is and do we dare throw Ramsey straight back in? I would be against that personally.

I think we should put Santi in that position and have Podolski on the left. Santi can play there, I've seen him do it for Spain.

subtles

YES! My Reading team just won the Capital One Cup legitimately (no reloading!) over United 4-1. Was up 2-0 then they fought back and made it 2-1 despite Fellaini getting a red card but I got 2 late goals. Giovanni Simeone is a fucking revelation! In 34 games, he has 12 goals and 17 assists for me -- not bad for an 18 year old! This kid plays for River Plate and has Spanish ancestry so I had no work permit issues. He scored 1 and set up 1 in the COC final.

This comes on the heels of beating Chelsea 2-1 in the 5th round of the FA Cup. Mourinho claimed we had zero chance before the match. Soton up next!
I miss FM...

How does the new version compare to the previous one?

Meier

I miss FM...

How does the new version compare to the previous one?

I have played 11, 12, 13 and 14. Honestly, if you've played one, you've played em all. I still love every iteration though.

Le Fondre just scored after a 1-2 with Simeone.. up 1-0 at the break over Soton! Le Fondre has 32 goals for me thus far. :O

Meier

Lol, the final 4 of the FA Cup are Reading (me), Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich Town and West Ham. If I don't do the triple with the Championship, COC and FA Cup, I'll be devastated.

Blablurn

Thanks again for welcoming me back everyone.

That wilbury sng is actually well made lol. Doubt i could come up with aomething like that. Not bad.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thanks again for welcoming me back everyone.

That wilbury sng is actually well made lol. Doubt i could come up with aomething like that. Not bad.

You could probably write a "Hit 'Em Up" Bayern version. I'm at work so I can't do all of it :p

(Blablurn being Tupac in this case)

First off, f*** your team
And this FootyGAF clique you claim
Bayern when we ride, come equipped with Robbery
You claim to be a player
But I f***ed your team
We bust on Moyes Boys
Bavarians fuck for Life

etc

dc89

City haven't been beaten at first team, U21 or U18 level since the defeat to Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on the 10th November.

The new philosophy must be working. All levels play the same style of football.

elseanio

City haven't been beaten at first team, U21 or U18 level since the defeat to Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on the 10th November.

I'm sure lots of clubs employ this philosophy, City just have the money to see it through.

Lightning

Banned

Let's see how you go against Mou's bus and his players kicking yours.

You will have a training session match before Chelsea though.

Someone explain to me why anyone likes Doctor Who. Whenever I catch it for a minute I feel like it crosses the line of enjoyably rubbish schlock, and is firmly in the category of poorly produced, poorly acted rubbish

Blablurn

I have a feeling it's gonna be a strange season. We will beast through the Bundesliga but fail against Arsenal. I have a very bad feeling about this game. I'm sure they are still pissed from last year. If we play our normal game, a win should be possible but I'm not sure if the players will be up for the challenge. I hope Pep motivates them good. Arsenal looks like the real deal this year. On the other hand, Özil always flops in big match ups. Certainly the biggest game of the season. Wish we had an easier opponent.

On the other hand I was also sure we would lose against Gladbach... Maybe I shouldnt trust my feelings.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Dortmund want Holtby and it looks like Capoue will definitely be going to Napoli. I'll miss Holtby but Capoue I don't give a shit about.

We need to buy a striker this week though.

Holy crap ever tried to have a conversation through those wooden slat walls in McDonalds fucking awkward, I must of looked like a fucking idiot!

Salazar

Guidetti, lol

Mark Hughes has his problems, but he's definitely going to win a battle of wills with a City foetus

Edit: 21 ? Cripes.

Blablurn

1935101809-zaun-suedkurve-mis-5EtlFzFoef.jpg

Seems like the love between the fans and the managements is growing, Accoring to TZ, the fence in front of the "Südkurve" will be cut down to only 1m. Right now it's 2m high. It's gonna stay like this unless people decide to jump over the fence.

Gambit

I have a feeling it's gonna be a strange season. We will beast through the Bundesliga but fail against Arsenal. I have a very bad feeling about this game. I'm sure they are still pissed from last year. If we play our normal game, a win should be possible but I'm not sure if the players will be up for the challenge. I hope Pep motivates them good. Arsenal looks like the real deal this year. On the other hand, Özil always flops in big match ups. Certainly the biggest game of the season. Wish we had an easier opponent.

On the other hand I was also sure we would lose against Gladbach... Maybe I shouldnt trust my feelings.

I am wary of Pep's defense, but, and I can't believe I'm typing this, as long Lahm plays in midfield I feel somewhat better about it. Also, it seems the team is no longer as incisive as Heynckes' was. Las year, they were just steamrolling everyone. I kinda enjoyed that!

Welcome back, Bla.

(Du solltest aufhören TZ zu lesen, haha)

BTW: Since I mentioned it a couple days ago. Last night I watched "The Dark Knight Returns" animated film. It was great! Old Batman was badass, and Michael Emmerson's Joker is phenomenal! I think it might be one of my favourite Joker portrayals.

Let me know how it is once you watch it. I've almost bought it several times already, but am waiting on a sale.

Waiting for a sale is maybe the right idea, but it is really good and definitely worth watching

1935101809-zaun-suedkurve-mis-5EtlFzFoef.jpg

Seems like the love between the fans and the managements is growing, Accoring to TZ, the fence in front of the "Südkurve" will be cut down to only 1m. Right now it's 2m high. It's gonna stay like this unless people decide to jump over the fence.

1 metre isn't a fence, it's a barrier :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom