• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

I am wary of Pep's defense, but, and I can't believe I'm typing this, as long Lahm plays in midfield I feel somewhat better about it. Also, it seems the team is no longer as incisive as Heynckes' was. Las year, they were just steamrolling everyone. I kinda enjoyed that!

Welcome back, Bla.

(Du solltest aufhören TZ zu lesen, haha)

BTW: Since I mentioned it a couple days ago. Last night I watched "The Dark Knight Returns" animated film. It was great! Old Batman was badass, and Michael Emmerson's Joker is phenomenal! I think it might be one of my favourite Joker portrayals.

haha, ich lese da nur die bayern nachrichten :p

Welcome back bla :)
Glad that you and even that cunt Jupp are back, so BayernGaf is in full force :)

Thanks guys <3 Good to be back!

Jack cw

I have a feeling it's gonna be a strange season. We will beast through the Bundesliga but fail against Arsenal. I have a very bad feeling about this game. I'm sure they are still pissed from last year. If we play our normal game, a win should be possible but I'm not sure if the players will be up for the challenge. I hope Pep motivates them good. Arsenal looks like the real deal this year. On the other hand, Özil always flops in big match ups. Certainly the biggest game of the season. Wish we had an easier opponent.

On the other hand I was also sure we would lose against Gladbach... Maybe I shouldnt trust my feelings.

I remember you said something similar last year before the match against Juve and then Barca :p Arsenal is the best out of the second placed teams but this time we will blow them away if we reach our normal form. I have a better feeling this year, as we are more variable and have more than just 2 simple matchplans. It will be hard to defend the title but I can see no serious contender that could outplay us at the moment. One bad game under Pep and you can go looking for another club. Our defence isnt that bad actually, it was rather good in important matches and thats why I think that Arsenal wont stand a chance, I even think they wont score in both games against us.

Blablurn

I remember you said something similar last year before the match against Juve and then Barca :p Arsenal is the best out of the second placed teams but this we will blow them away if we reach our normal form. I have a better feeling this year, as we are more variable and have more than just 2 simple matchplans. It will be hard to defend the title but I can see no serious contender that could outplay us at the moment. One bad game under Pep and you can go looking for another club. Our defence isnt that bad actually, it was rather good in important matches and thats why I think that Arsenal wont stand a chance, I even think they wont score in both games against us.

Guess you're right. I'm just a pessimistic bastard haha. Still annoys me that we got the worst draw in the CL :S Can we not get some easy teams for once haha. Last year was the same. Arsenal, Juve and Barca. If we would have lost against the team hat played Donezk, Malaga and Madrid I would have killed myself.

Jack cw

Guess you're right. I'm just a pessimistic bastard haha. Still annoys me that we got the worst draw in the CL :S Can we not get some easy teams for once haha. Last year was the same. Arsenal, Juve and Barca. If we would have lost against the team hat played Donezk, Malaga and Madrid I would have killed myself.

Haha, I remember your desperate call at halftime at the CL final ;)
There are no easy teams left in CL, expect those german squads, but unfortunately we cant play against them until the semis, which none of them are going to reach.

Blablurn

Haha, I remember your desperate call at halftime at the CL final ;)
There are no easy teams left in CL, expect those german squads, but unfortunately we cant play against them until the semis.

I was pretty drunk during the CL final :/ Fuck, the tension was massive back then. I actually watched some highlights yesterday on Youtube. You cannot win it in a better way. Always funny how people ask why Neuer deserves to be the best keeper. In the first half of that match alone, he was the reason we didnt trail 2:0 after 45 minutes. Glad we got Neuer in the end. What a final it was.

pulga

Banned
BfDeE7VCMAAHnll.png

GHG

Gold Member
I remember you said something similar last year before the match against Juve and then Barca :p Arsenal is the best out of the second placed teams but this time we will blow them away if we reach our normal form. I have a better feeling this year, as we are more variable and have more than just 2 simple matchplans. It will be hard to defend the title but I can see no serious contender that could outplay us at the moment. One bad game under Pep and you can go looking for another club. Our defence isnt that bad actually, it was rather good in important matches and thats why I think that Arsenal wont stand a chance, I even think they wont score in both games against us.

Wow...

Thats bold.

Jack cw

I was pretty drunk during the CL final :/ Fuck, the tension was massive back then. I actually watched some highlights yesterday on Youtube. You cannot win it in a better way. Always funny how people ask why Neuer deserves to be the best keeper. In the first half of that match alone, he was the reason we didnt trail 2:0 after 45 minutes. Glad we got Neuer in the end. What a final it was.
tumblr_mznmozxGsb1rhs8mlo4_r1_250.gif

We're gonna lose to Arsenal and we're gonna hear their taunts for the rest of the season. All we can cling to is the hope of United not making it into a European competition, which would be a shame actually.
If Arsenal should make than its well deserved. No shame about it. And United wont make to place four but they will win the CL of course with Mata.

So many people seem to be expecting Infamous: SS to be a big departure from the Infamous formula. I look forward to the dozen or so 'LTTP: Why Infamous should not have been Infamous' threads.

People saying 'I didn't like the first 2 but this is day one' are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

subtles

@TheTotalLfc
Salah's Agent Sascha Empacher said:
“It was a long and fair negotiation with Liverpool , but it lasted two-and-a-half months - too long"

"Both clubs could not agree on terms.When CFC contacted Basel, he was happy & took his chance. It was no financial matter.”

This is getting ridiculous.....

dc89

I'm sure lots of clubs employ this philosophy, City just have the money to see it through.

Oh yeah no doubt about it. But for the past few years our U21's have grossly underachieved on every front. Vieira seems to be doing really well now, unbeaten in 8 or 9 in all competitions now.

Let's see how you go against Mou's bus and his players kicking yours.

You will have a training session match before Chelsea though.

I think Tottenham is going to be a tough away game. If City play 4-4-2 like I expect Yaya is going to have to work hard and not let Fernan do the work of two men.

---

Imagine if Mata, RVP & Rppney play tonight. That's quite a frightening prospect. On this basis, I expect Cardiff to sneak it 3-1.

Carbonox

Not confident in the slightest Newcastle will beat Norwich today. The whole team's gonna feel all "fuck this" after the Cabaye news a day prior. Even they must see the absurdity in the timing of it all. Plus they run around like headless chickens when Cabaye isn't on the pitch.

TeddyBoy

If we win today, do we then want Spurs to beat City? Or do we give up on finishing above City and make fourth the de facto target?

Personally a draw is the best result, then a City win and lastly a Spurs win. Although any result has good and bad points about it. Drawing keeps spurs down and City still somewhat close, so is the preferred option for me.

Plasma

Banned
Arsenal Liverpool cup game is going to be a category B game so tickets won't be costing £93 like most people though they'd be.

Jack cw

Mata can't play CL for them. I could see United win CL though. Every opponent is gonna laugh and laugh and laugh and then they notice the match is already over.
Yeah I was talking about the hype surrounding that Mata deal. But its not really the teams fault when the manager hast even Euro League class.

Jack cw

Wut? Banega to Dortmund? Klopp pls.
Ever Banega è indicato come eventuale sostituto di Fredy Guarin in caso di partenza del colombiano. Il centrocampista dell'Atletico Madrid, secondo quanto riportato da Sky sembra più vicino alla Germania. Su di lui il Borussia Dortmund.
tuttomercatoweb.com

qindarka

Banned
United has a better chance of the CL than Chelsea did in 2012. It's not inconceivable that they can win, especially given their cushy R16 draw.

Jack cw

Would they sign Banega and Holtby together, or just one of them? Exactly who do they have out injured?

Difficult to say really as they most likely put Großkreutz on the wing so a CM might make sense with Banega. Holtby is a CAM and could help Mickytarian. Its difficult to predict if Dortmund really gets another player but if I had to guess its Holtby as he has experience in Bundesliga.

There's gonna be a United-GAF meetup? shit.
Sitting in my hotel room waiting for the Manchester United vs Cardiff tickets to arrive. Apparently there was quite a mix-up about it.

Anyway I'm going by train to Manchester. Should I take a train trip back or stay there after the game? And where's a good cheap place to do so if I choose to?

Carbonox

I am looking forward to Luuk De Jong coming to Newcastle but we still need a midfielder to replace Cabaye, otherwise we'll probably go to some shitty 4-4-2 to make up for the lack of Cabaye in the future:

Krul

Debuchy
Williamson
Yanga-Mbiwa
Santon

Sissoko
Anita
Tiote
Gouffran

De Jong
Remy

ugh. Zero creativity there.