• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Valencia, Jones, Giggs, Young

:|

I.

Mata please

elseanio

LFC: Mignolet, Cissokho, Skrtel, Toure, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sturridge, Sterling, Suarez

Jones, Kelly, Ibe, Smith, Moses, Aspas, Alberto

omgkitty

What does Podolski have to do to get a start? Gnabry brings something different I guess, but Podolski just bangs them in from out wide.

LFC: Mignolet, Cissokho, Skrtel, Toure, Flanagan, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sturridge, Sterling, Suarez

Expected lineup, would have liked Kelly to be fit enough to play on the right with SuperFlan on the left, but Kelly seems to be absolutely fucked.

Dat squad depth.

edit: No Allen at all. Shit. Would have come in handy if the midfield gets overrun from the start

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Even Giggs gets a start before Shinji. Embarrassing, just cut him loose already.

Better he go missing in the game than we cut him loose and he goes missing in Manchester, lord knows how long it would take to find him.

Barzul

Hope Ramsey is just being rested. Wonder why we went with the Flamini/Arteta double pivot. This is Southampton not Man City.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

The bench...this is what's going to stop Liverpool getting 4th.

pulga

Banned
BfFrwc7CQAAoH5s.png

Isco as false 9 tonight, apparently. Carlotti pls

Barkley starts.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

The news I dreaded

We're fucked. Neither Gerrard or Henderson has the intelligence, legs, or natural inclination to cover for him. Might need Stevie to 'accidentally' stamp on his foot or something to force him off.

Or just hope he's been rushed back and plays poorly because of it.

Taarabt is a player who thinks his ability is much higher than what it really is. He showed skill in the Championship as they gave him plenty of space to see what ball was best and he didn't have to think on his feet much. However once he came to the premier league he quickly found the amount of time he would be allowed on the ball was drastically reduced and could no longer find the defence splitting passes he once could.

Since he has such a high opinion of himself (he was quite good in the championship to be fair to him), he often frustrates team mates by going for a shot on goal when a team mate is in a much better position, leading to frustration among his team mates. His attitude is also poor and will often drift out of games when things go badly (so nearly every game in the premier league).

I don't know how much time he would get in seria a without being closed down, it could prove to be a good move career wise, but I'd be cautious.
That's... Robinho 2.0. Seems like a complete asshole, wonder if he'll lasts with Seedorf.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The defenses for both Merseyside teams look a total mess, Everton's in particular is a disaster. Distin and Coleman are huge misses for them, there is no way they win this, not with Alcaraz and Stones.

What does Podolski have to do to get a start? Gnabry brings something different I guess, but Podolski just bangs them in from out wide.

I would generally agree, but in this case, considering we've been forced into an offensively sterile Arteta-Flamini pivot, we'd lack even more creativity with Podolski in the side in place of Gnabry.

Barzul

Gnabry is going to be a way better player than Poldi if he can just show a bit more composure, which will come with experience.

Yen

The defenses for both Merseyside teams look a total mess, Everton's in particular is a disaster. Distin and Coleman are huge misses for them, there is no way they win this, not with Alcaraz and Stones.
Stones seems decent from what I've seen.

pulga

Banned
evilkagawa: I say "Why hell I no play Moyes? YOU SON OF BITCH!"
He say "That's funny Shinji, because from now on your a SON OF BENCH!"

Son of bitch :(

</3

being a Merseyside derby i can imagine the stands being filled with mong men and bovine women.

hope the supreme, superior Merseyside Blue wins.

United 0-0 vs Cardiff.

Jarnet87

Moyesy was doing so well. Signing Mata, talks of shipping out the dead weight and bringing in new blood. And then he starts Young and Valencia. One step forward, two giant leaps back. In b4 Mata plays just like Shinji has been, a talent surrounded by utter shit.

Barzul

People seem to forget that Arteta played in a more attacking position at Everton and when he first came to Arsenal.

But he's been pretty much defensive since his move to Arsenal. Can't see why he'll be adopting a different role tonight. Maybe we want to stifle Southampton's attack. Ozil will save us.

Carbonox

Gouffran dropped and Sammy Ameobi starting.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Please smash the fuck out of Newcastle, Norwich. Pardew's descent in to madness in the wake of Cabaye's exit has begun.

LTWheels

Hopefully it's a 4-3-3 with Coutinho in the middle. If so he needs to be disciplined to drop back. The few brief occasions he has, he is quite good at tackling and pressing.

omgkitty

Santi has been playing really well and when Santi plays well the whole team plays well.

But we could easily place Cazorla on the right with Podolski on the left. Honestly just hope he gets to come on for a decent bit in the 2nd half. Just hate constantly seeing him on the bench.

jtb

Banned
I suspect Wenger isn't going to play Podolski as much on the wing if he doesn't have to so that we can rotate Giroud a bit more without having to rely on Bendtner (especially with the injury to Theo). and we have so many players that can play in that three behind the striker that are more versatile and naturally suited to playing there that it doesn't make much sense to play Podolski on the wing.

frankly, I'd rather see Podolski on the right rather than on the left, where I think he's not as effective as some of the players he's competing with. he's not a particularly creative player anyways, so we should take advantage of his pace, ability to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom