• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Ancelotti has really turned the team around with the 4-3-3. We might not be smashing teams 6-2 anymore, but the balance and defensive turnaround has been immense. People were worried that with Bale coming in we might lose Di Maria's contributions tracking back, but somehow Carlo has found a way to slot them all in and make it work.

Best part of it all? 8 straight clean sheets and a 20 games unbeaten run PROVES we don't need that fartmelon waste of space Khedira week in and out to provide stability to the team. Ship him off to the Moyes Boys ASAP.

ancelotti-getty.jpg

Arnie

Good to see Brendan acknowledging the difficulties of playing two up front when pretty much every team plays with 1 up front. Glad that he managed to make it work today.

I really enjoyed that as well. Just knowing that he knows (even though, christ, can you imagine if he didn't) is comforting.

From the first whistle our shape looked so much better today, even though we played with two strikers they alternated the spearhead so fluidly that it never really stood out. It felt like last season when the two of them could play together in our usual system without the fucking gameplan imploding on its arse.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ancelotti has really turned the team around with the 4-3-3. We might not be smashing teams 6-2 anymore, but the balance and defensive turnaround has been immense. People were worried that with Bale coming in we might lose Di Maria's contributions tracking back, but somehow Carlo has found a way to slot them all in and make it work.

Best part of it all? 8 straight clean sheets and a 20 games unbeaten run PROVES we don't need that fartmelon waste of space Khedira week in and out to provide stability to the team. Ship him off to the Moyes Boys ASAP.

article-0-05329FA2000005DC-97_468x599.jpg

if you talk about your damn clean sheets again I'm going to stab you in the cunt
sXFdqEa.gif

it's still impressive <3 turok am cri

jtb

Banned
Arteta will do Flamini's job just fine against United. United's midfield isn't too physical so we don't need to double up on defensive midfielders for that game, I think.

King_Moc

Banned
Closer version:
ImpossibleWhichCopperhead.gif

Wow, Wenger is an idiot for defending this, or does he just not know the rules? Whether he got the ball or not is irrelevant, if he'd made more contact with the player he'd have broken one of his legs. It's wreckless and well worthy of a red card.

City vs Chelsea will be quite crucial for Arsenal. A draw and they're in.

Lawl you think City are going to draw? Aguero, Negredo and Dzeko will have quite the time dining on the remains of BFG and Bossielny. City are just fun to watch now, they have the skill but don't wank around trying to increase their possession stat to 60% (*cough Xavi-basicallywewon.jpg*). Reminds me of Bayern last season, confident in possession but skilled to make the 6 pass counter attack goal too.

Scum

ancelotti-getty.jpg
Oh. So now you're happy with Carlo? Go back to Barcelona, pulga. You're drugged.

King_Moc

Banned
Oh by the way King_Moc

J8WVibi.jpg

You seen this already? That's surely something interesting for UK'ers.

Ahh, looks intersting. I've not managed to catch Metz live yet either. My funds might not stretch to doing Primavera, Glastonbury, Field Day and this though. Hmm...

Edit: Nor Joanna Gruesome!

Wow, Wenger is an idiot for defending this, or does he just not know the rules? Whether he got the ball or not is irrelevant, if he'd made more contact with the player he'd have broken one of his legs. It's wreckless and well worthy of a red card.

Of course he knows the rules. But he's Wenger and he just realized he's not going to win anything with his team yet again this season.

jtb

Banned
Lawl you think City are going to draw? Aguero, Negredo and Dzeko will have quite the time dining on the remains of BFG and Bossielny. City are just fun to watch now, they have the skill but don't wank around trying to increase their possession stat to 60% (*cough Xavi-basicallywewon.jpg*). Reminds me of Bayern last season, confident in possession but skilled to make the 6 pass counter attack goal too.

koscielny and mertesacker don't play for chelsea

City are a good team, but very beatable. they'll drop points in the run in just like everyone else.

Salazar

Arteta will do Flamini's job just fine against United. United's midfield isn't too physical so we don't need to double up on defensive midfielders for that game, I think.

It doesn't get much more physical than Marouane with a point to prove.

pulga

Banned
if you talk about your damn clean sheets again I'm going to stab you in the cunt
sXFdqEa.gif

it's still impressive <3 turok am cri

pls im in shock. we've been leaking goals left and right for many seasons now. it's like a dream @_@

LTWheels

I really enjoyed that as well. Just knowing that he knows (even though, christ, can you imagine if he didn't) is comforting.

From the first whistle our shape looked so much better today, even though we played with two strikers they alternated the spearhead so fluidly that it never really stood out. It felt like last season when the two of them could play together in our usual system without the fucking gameplan imploding on its arse.

Yeah, it feels like ever since the Stoke game that has been the ultimate goal, and thank god it has now finally clicked and in place. Seeing Kelly having to defend 2 on 1s in the FA Cup scared me greatly.

Linius

Ahh, looks intersting. I've not managed to catch Metz live yet either. My funds might not stretch to doing Primavera, Glastonbury, Field Day and this though. Hmm...

Edit: Nor Joanna Gruesome!

I would probably skip Glasto for funds :p

For now it looks like I'm going to Le Guess Who? May Day and Best Kept Secret. Then I have some money left for one more festival but I haven't decided yet. And I have some gigs lined up from bands I'm not likely to catch on festivals: Pearl Jam, Arcade Fire and Neil Young. It's looking to be a good year again.

Arteta is a nailed on starter anyway, the concern is over Ramsey (and he was pictured training yesterday, so there's no way he can be officially ruled out for any amount of time as tests likely wouldn't be complete) and Wilshere who's ankle seems to be kept together by duct tape.

Clegg

At least Moyes said he wasn't happy with the performance. Post match comments are about wanting to build the squad and make our style of play better.

Meier

Wenger moaning about that red card? seems like an obvious red to me.

Yeah, it was one of those ones you see in real time and immediately/instantly say red. And Flamini's reaction was great. Like I said at the time it happened, you could tell he knew unequivocally it was a red by the look on his face.

Fergie

Banned
I'm talking about possibilities pipe down.

Hixx

@MrJamesMcMath 16m
Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy: "Some people might be frustrated with that result? Some people can fuck off." #ITFC

Oh Mick. You are a pretty naff manager but you are so entertaining.

King_Moc

Banned
I would probably skip Glasto for funds :p

For now it looks like I'm going to Le Guess Who? May Day and Best Kept Secret. Then I have some money left for one more festival but I haven't decided yet. And I have some gigs lined up from bands I'm not likely to catch on festivals: Pearl Jam, Arcade Fire and Neil Young. It's looking to be a good year again.

No way i'm skipping that one! The line up is normally so-so, but Glastonbury is the only festival where i think i could miss all the bands and still have an amazing time. There's so much stuff there.

I was waiting on the Bestival line up, as that was pretty awesome in 2012, but Outcast as the first big announcement has put me off.

didamangi

Yeah, it feels like ever since the Stoke game that has been the ultimate goal, and thank god it has now finally clicked and in place. Seeing Kelly having to defend 2 on 1s in the FA Cup scared me greatly.

This time our strikers alternate on the left side, with Henderson and Aly covering, they have a good enough pace to close down opposition a tad faster. Compare that to our right side on the FA Cup, with Kelly and Gerrard. I keep repeating this but Cout stepping up his defensive game really made a difference I feel in midfield.

Yen

Good to see Arnie and Wooden back. Arnie, so he can call United fans 'slugs' or 'goobers', and Wooden for his often disturbing gifs. Are the others back?

L1NETT

Hixx big mick is a god. Slag him off, you got some problems chum.

Knows the championship like the back of his hand.

Fucking great quote mind

pulga

Banned
Jese is the real deal guys

835923636.gif

Anyone have one from the beginning? Alonso's long ball was absolutely phenomenal, the fucking KING.

Arnie

Seeing Kelly in general just scares me. I feel like he's always a slip away from having his knee commit seppuku all over the turf.

Made up for Flanagan, like. Honestly since the last Merseyside derby he's been one of our most consistent players. Consistently top at that. He's like an RPG character but everytime he's levelled up he's just thrown more fucking points into defensive attributes at the disregard of everything else.

Aly Cissokho's like an RPG character who's forgotten to spend his experience points on anything whatsoever.

Linius

No way i'm skipping that one! The line up is normally so-so, but Glastonbury is the only festival where i think i could miss all the bands and still have an amazing time. There's so much stuff there.

I was waiting on the Bestival line up, as that was pretty awesome in 2012, but Outcast as the first big announcement has put me off.

Yeah, I guess Glasto is more about the total experience than just the line-up. It's like they build a complete village for a few days :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom