• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

So uh, guess De Jong will probably be starting against Sunderland. :lol

Baptism of fire.

Pardew seems to think we will sign more players this week. Bless him. His mind's gone to mush.

Looks like we're after Grenier too. As good as he looks my pants desire Gourcuff. :(

K1LLER7

Manchester United debutant Juan Mata told BBC Sport: "We had chances to score more than two. The win was very important for the team. It was very exciting for me. The fans are unbelievable. The lads welcomed me very well. I think it was a good game, I'm looking forward to improve. We will try until the end [to finish in the Champions League places]. We will never give up."

King_Moc

Banned
Worth posting these just for that second Sturridge goal.

28-01-2014-GifNumber-110.gif

28-01-2014-GifNumber-111.gif

daniel-sturridge-chip-vs-everton-in-merseyside-derby.gif

28-01-2014-GifNumber-113.gif

pappe

I understand rotation, I even understand RvP going off, but other than starting Mata nothing changed, the system was the same, Adnan replaced Mata instead of coming on to link with him, I hoped we would see signs of a new system but we saw the same old.
Rvp and Rooney are coming back from injuries. We had the game won. The next fixture is 4 days away. Mata is not exactly match fit. You can understand why he did what he did.Moyes will bring them together gradually. Patience.

Carbonox

Looks like we're after Grenier too. As good as he looks my pants desire Gourcuff. :(

I'd be content with Grenier who looks legit but I'd be very impressed if were to ever sign Gourcuff (never). :lol

I should stop reading sports sites and have a total blackout until the weekend. Only way to save me from this madness.

Scum

Moyes on Mata

If he has plans to implement a more fluid style with the front four switching then it could work. But if we're just gonna keep him out wide then it'll be a waste.
Cleff, you need to remind Moyes that MCs exist.

Meier

GeoffArsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 2m
Rambo's injury news is NOT confirmed, they'l know more at the end of the week. Fingers crossed.

Please God!!!

Goal running with this story:

The midfielder aggravated a tendon in the same thigh that has kept him out for the last five weeks during a training drill ahead of his scheduled first-team comeback
Aaron Ramsey is set to be out for up to another six weeks after sustaining a fresh thigh injury, Goal has learned.

The midfielder returned to full training on Monday following a five-week absence with a thigh problem and had been earmarked to make his return to the Arsenal team for their trip to Southampton, where they drew 2-2 on Tuesday night.

But Ramsey was ruled out after aggravating a tendon under his thigh muscle in training and Goal has learned that he is now expected to be sidelined for between four and six weeks. The 23-year-old broke down in the game drills and was immediately sent for a scan, which revealed the full extent of the damage on Tuesday.

K1LLER7

Juan Mata Garcia

First game!! First three points!! Thank you all!!! Primer partido!! Primeros tres puntos!! Gracias a todos!! #mufc

BfGjjH_IIAE4TIG.jpg

Splatt

Marko Vesovic signed for Torino.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

So Rossi won't be needing any surgery and should be back in 2 months. Dodged a bullet, could've been a lot worse. Great news for Italy, as he should be able to make it in time for the world cup.

Fuck me...

Few points

1) Flanagan reminds me of Arbeloa. Not much going forward, but has the flank on lockdown when he's on his game
2) Pulis is a genius. Their defense is incredible, must be about 4 1-0 wins since he joined them
3) Suarez has become very tidy at sliding it across the keeper into the bottom corner
4) I fear that if we let a more effective, defensively sound team have that much possession, we'll lose. Will need to be more careful against better opposition
5) COUTINHO IS BACK, BABY

Splatt

Fuck me...

Few points

1) Flanagan reminds me of Arbeloa. Not much going forward, but has the flank on lockdown when he's on his game
2) Pulis is a genius. Their defense is incredible, must be about 4 1-0 wins since he joined them
3) Suarez has become very tidy at sliding it across the keeper into the bottom corner
4) I fear that if we let a more effective, defensively sound team have that much possession, we'll lose. Will need to be more careful against better opposition
5) COUTINHO IS BACK, BABY

I'd just like to add one more point...

6) Left back pls (or/and a defensive mid)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The big question, so far as I see it, isnt whether Mata Rooney and RvP will play together, thats nailed on, its what Moyes does with Adnan. Theoretically he can play the current system with Mata coming inside off either left or right with either Valencia and Young on the other side, but that feels counter-productive. I honestly wonder whether whether he intends to play Mata and Adnan together or rotate them in the same position. There was no reason not to use Adnan today, other than to rest him, and bringing him on for Mata worried me.

GorillaJu

I haven't read the posts in this thread but I can guess what they are saying. A draw away to Southampton is not that bad a result. Everyone will overreact both positive and negative because that's natural but I'm disappointed more with Flamini's idiotic brain explosion and Ramsey's extended then I am with the result.

Southampton are a good side and it was always going to be a tough game. But this is where Arsenal get nestled into third and stay there for the remainder of the season because Chelsea and City aren't dropping points.

Hixx

Good-bye, Diakite. My chinless prince. I shall miss thee. I don't think anyone else will, but you'll forever be a what-if in my eyes.

diakjglrc.gif

Diakite was fined 5 weeks wages and not allowed to breathe for 2 hours for doing this when Di Canio saw it

The big question, so far as I see it, isnt whether Mata Rooney and RvP will play together, thats nailed on, its what Moyes does with Adnan. Theoretically he can play the current system with Mata coming inside off either left or right with either Valencia and Young on the other side, but that feels counter-productive. I honestly wonder whether whether he intends to play Mata and Adnan together or rotate them in the same position. There was no reason not to use Adnan today, other than to rest him, and bringing him on for Mata worried me.

'Almost' players don't win matches

raheemsterling.jpg

Scum

Plan A 4-3-1-2
Mata behind RVP and Rooney. Adnan on bench.

Plan B 4-2-3-1
RVP up top.
Adnan left. Rooney in the hole. Mata right. All three on FM style 'Swap positions'.

K1LLER7

fucking surreal innit

whodathunkit before the season started

bloody madman mou

All we need is Khedira now :p

----

See that Jese scored again. He must be making it hard for Ancelotti to drop him with the form he's in. Maybe try Ronnie up top and play both Bale and Jese on the wings. But then Benzema's out.

Also, read that Isco had another frustrating game. What's happened to him?

Lightning

Banned
Southampton are a good side and it was always going to be a tough game. But this is where Arsenal get nestled into third and stay there for the remainder of the season because Chelsea and City aren't dropping points.
I would have taken 3rd at the start of the season and that hasn't changed. What's important though is that we stay as close as possible though. Continued improvement is what I always wanted and so far this season we've had that.

Flamini will miss Palace, Liverpool, United and Liverpool again. One of the dumbest red cards I've seen. Fucking moron Flamini.

Clegg

Of course he was resting Adnan. He's only 18 and played 120 minutes in his last game and the full 90 in the game before that. He's already played a lot of games this season and now is the time to rest him to make sure he doesn't burn out. It happened to Sterling last season when he played too many games. Now that Mata is here I'm not sure we'll see Adnan play quite as often. And that's probably a good thing in the long term.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Plan A 4-3-1-2
Mata behind RVP and Rooney. Adnan on bench.

Plan B 4-2-3-1
RVP up top.
Adnan left. Rooney in the hole. Mata right. All three on FM style 'Swap positions'.

I refuse to believe Plan A is our intended goal, you dont sideline the player who has been a shine above the rest, a young talent of enormous potential, because you brought in a new signing, its madness to me.

But this is Moyes :(

GorillaJu

"The people here are very important to what we're doing and we're very much together. We want to ensure it continues that way and hopefully we can have a major signing before the window shuts and if we can do that, get the players back in then we will be setup for the remaining games."

Would love for this to happen.

K1LLER7

Adnan needed a rest today.

He'll be back starting next game I think. Kagawa on the other hand :(

Rooney, Kagawa, Mata, Adnan on the weekend. RVP after half time. Get everybody some minutes and strikers match fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom