• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Game of Thrones Season 4 teaser

BfE61lHCQAEgrIt.jpg

Wooden/Arnie did they give any reason for shortening your ban?

Not really, but was told if I got banned again in the time period until the original ban (june) i would get the remaining time.

We can only assume it was the song... I would like to think my art work played a part too though.

Good to see Arnie and Wooden back. Arnie, so he can call United fans 'slugs' or 'goobers', and Wooden for his often disturbing gifs. Are the others back?

Wilbury is. Kipless is never coming back.

pulga

Banned
Not really, but was told if I got banned again in the time period until the original ban (june) i would get the remaining time.

We can only assume it was the song... I would like to think my art work played a part too though.

and who brought it all together in one meaty little package?
smiling_moon2.png

ill be taking my blowjobs soon enough kiddos

Clegg

I'm watching highlights of the Arsenal game on Sky and that Flamini tackle looks even worse than the gif. Absolutely horrendous challenge. Wenger was up immediately to protest to the fourth official. He was defo wrong on this occasion.

pappe

At least Moyes said he wasn't happy with the performance. Post match comments are about wanting to build the squad and make our style of play better.

He jas has been making the right noises lately. I am liking it. Maybe there is hope for Moyes but he needs to stop persisting with young and valencia.

subtles

Some minor thoughts on the game:

The 4-2-1-3 shape worked really well today.

The team played more compact and the pressing + passing were fluid compared to previous games. The team didn't see much of the ball (particularly in the second half) but had the players in the right areas to capitalize once the ball was recovered. This is at the very least (not offensively but defensively) how a team like this should be performing. Gerrard performed much better today with players around him for support.

Coutinho was much more responsible with the ball when brought into the middle and didn't try forcing things, I'm also very glad to see him dribbling again <3. He was very important in linking the transition and I was glad to see him perform.

Sturridge is a beast. I honestly had no idea we would be getting such a phenomenal player for that value but watching him score brings such joy. Hopefully he'll learn from his disappointing decisions in the second half and will only get better.

I guess Cissokho won't be finding his feet any time soon? If ever? Flanagan had an instant impact on the flank and I'm glad to see him back.

The burden on LS + DS to perform is immense considering the holes in the squad but when they do perform it's like there is nothing wrong. Only sunshine and bliss.

Onwards and Upwards.

Yen

Daniel Sturridge &#8207;@D_Sturridge
Hey hey hey.. 4-0 victory and bragging rights in Liverpool... Guess I'm not good at pens!! Glory to God

BfGgLekIAAA491-.jpg

Clegg

Moyes on Mata

I can play him in any role. Left or right allows me to keep the Robin and Wayne partnership. I'm comfortable with that.

If he has plans to implement a more fluid style with the front four switching then it could work. But if we're just gonna keep him out wide then it'll be a waste.

kharma45

Moyes on Mata

If he has plans to implement a more fluid style with the front four switching then it could work. But if we're just gonna keep him out wide then it'll be a waste.

If we had the CMs to do it a fluid three behind RVP of Adnan, Mata and Rooney would be nice. Rooney is fairly good for tracking back too which helps.

pappe

If we had the CMs to do it a fluid three behind RVP of Adnan, Mata and Rooney would be nice. Rooney is fairly good for tracking back too which helps.
I still have hope in Fellaini. He will come good. An old fashioned no.8 is all we need now. Apart from a LB of course.

kharma45

I still have hope in Fellaini. He will come good. An old fashioned no.8 is all we need now. Apart from a LB of course.

If Felliani has his wrist sorted he should be able to step up now to what's expected of him.

I feel at this stage of the window we'll have to make do with what we've got now. With Carrick out I would imagine he and Fletcher will be our first choice pairing when he's match fit again.

#FREESHINJI
#STOPRUININGSHINJI
#SAVEKAGAWA

I'll not lie, I had genuinely forgotten about him.

kharma45

Just thinking too with Evra, Rio, Giggs and more going in the summer we're going to take a huge chunk out of the wage bill.

Bueno.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
At least Moyes said he wasn't happy with the performance. Post match comments are about wanting to build the squad and make our style of play better.

"I took off my forward who scored a goal then I took off my 37m pound playmaker and left on the two players who were responsible for a lack of goals in the first half of the season, im not sure what more I could have done to make the team play better"

Lightning

Banned
I haven't read the posts in this thread but I can guess what they are saying. A draw away to Southampton is not that bad a result. Everyone will overreact both positive and negative because that's natural but I'm disappointed more with Flamini's idiotic brain explosion and Ramsey's extended then I am with the result.

dc89

Arsenal dropping points?
City could go top tomorrow.
The banned trio are back.
I actually made some money by gambling with winners at 4/6, 1.42/1, 2.66/1, 2.1/1, 1.9/1 and a massive 4.37/1

Is this real life?!

Empty

"I took off my forward who scored a goal then I took off my 37m pound playmaker and left on the two players who were responsible for a lack of goals in the first half of the season, im not sure what more I could have done to make the team play better"

we have a match on saturday....

Barzul

GeoffArsenal &#8207;@GeoffArsenal 2m
Rambo's injury news is NOT confirmed, they'l know more at the end of the week. Fingers crossed.

Please God!!!

K1LLER7

Good to get RVP and Rooney back. Hope we get them both starting next game.

Mata vs Cardiff

_72585905_f41cc773-3564-4563-9e08-a687ccff82d9.jpg

Thought he did well. Misplaced passes early but generally tidy. Could have got another assist and a goal. decent debut.

Think he, similar to Kagawa, would do better if there was more movement from teammates. At the moment, the play has very little movement from the wings and midfield. Both these guys need players around them who are always making runs. Would like to see how they'd do playing together some time.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
we have a match on saturday....

I understand rotation, I even understand RvP going off, but other than starting Mata nothing changed, the system was the same, Adnan replaced Mata instead of coming on to link with him, I hoped we would see signs of a new system but we saw the same old.

Carbonox

So uh, guess De Jong will probably be starting against Sunderland. :lol

Baptism of fire.

Pardew seems to think we will sign more players this week. Bless him. His mind's gone to mush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom