• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

vucinic-underwear-meme-565x565.jpg

Keep him please. I don't think I'd ever get used to that.

Also, read that Isco had another frustrating game. What's happened to him?

The lad needs Redemption

Of course he was resting Adnan. He's only 18 and played 120 minutes in his last game and the full 90 in the game before that. He's already played a lot of games this season and now is the time to rest him to make sure he doesn't burn out. It happened to Sterling last season when he played too many games. Now that Mata is here I'm not sure we'll see Adnan play quite as often. And that's probably a good thing in the long term.

I'm not even sure Sterling's form last season was down to overplaying him. He just got found out by defenders imo, kept trying to kick+run and being outstrengthed before he got the chance to stretch his legs, and he had many periods of rest when he was dropped, and failed to impress on his return.

Just by adding the confidence and ability to cut in onto the left foot and take it from there, he's improved tenfold. Fullbacks don't know which way he's going, which is vital for a winger who can't just throw it into the box on the assumption that there'll be players in there to take advantage.

Scum

I refuse to believe Plan A is our intended goal, you dont sideline the player who has been a shine above the rest, a young talent of enormous potential, because you brought in a new signing, its madness to me.

But this is Moyes :(
Plan A will force Moyes to realise the importance of central midfielders, if he ever uses such a formation. They've forgotten how to play through the middle. Rest Adnan a while now that Mata is there.

He's young and talented but don't burn him out.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The lad needs Redemption

I'm not even sure Sterling's form last season was down to overplaying him. He just got found out by defenders imo, kept trying to kick+run and being outstrengthed before he got the chance to stretch his legs, and he had many periods of rest when he was dropped, and failed to impress on his return.

Just by adding the confidence and ability to cut in onto the left foot and take it from there, he's improved tenfold. Fullbacks don't know which way he's going, which is vital for a winger who can't just throw it into the box on the assumption that there'll be players in there to take advantage.

Its amazing Sterling has learned in one season something Valencia cant imagine, coming inside, Valencia is the most predictable winger in the premier league, you know every time he gets the ball he is going for the byline because he has no left foot.

faridmon

*sigh*

Very disappointing result but not unexpected. It all started from that Sunderland defeat and since, we just haven't been that good. We drew too many games and the ones we have won, we have won it scruffy and desperately.

I haven't seen the match, (by the time I gotten to the pub, my friend asked me if we could have a dinner and I was like yeah, why not) but we really need to kick some arses in terms of players who are under-performing. Osman should not play another PL match as he isn't good anymore. Mirralles need to be benched and Baines.... sigh, there is so many things I want to say, but ALAS, i have to give him the benefit of the doubt since he came back from injury.

I am still happy with the season so far, and who knows we might even surprise in few upcoming matches here and there, but I have accepted the fact that this season is transitional year and hopefully we perform better next season. I just fear that Martinez might handle things too nicely which won't cause any motivation.

Feorax

@TonyBarretTimes: Brendan Rodgers said after the game that he still hopes to make "a major signing" before the transfer window closes.

Pls Brentan.

Pls.

@lfcmaestro23: Dream night for Liverpool, beating Everton 4-0. Currently in talks with Dnipro for winger Yevhen Konoplyanka too. More in tomorrows Echo.

Oh shit son!

Jarnet87

Its amazing Sterling has learned in one season something Valencia cant imagine, coming inside, Valencia is the most predictable winger in the premier league, you know every time he gets the ball he is going for the byline because he has no left foot.

It's not even about him being one footed, because in his first few years at United everyone knew what he was going to do, but he was still able to outpace and outmuscle defenders and whip in crosses. Everything he does now he second guesses himself. Rarely does Valencia get the ball and just push on and send in an early cross. He's gone completely mental when he should just be simplifying things.

*sigh*

Very disappointing result but not unexpected. It all started from that Sunderland defeat and since, we just haven't been that good. We drew too many games and the ones we have won, we have won it scruffy and desperately.

I haven't seen the match, (by the time I gotten to the pub, my friend asked me if we could have a dinner and I was like yeah, why not) but we really need to kick some arses in terms of players who are under-performing. Osman should not play another PL match as he isn't good anymore. Mirralles need to be benched and Baines.... sigh, there is so many things I want to say, but ALAS, i have to give him the benefit of the doubt since he came back from injury.

I am still happy with the season so far, and who knows we might even surprise in few upcoming matches here and there, but I have accepted the fact that this season is transitional year and hopefully we perform better next season. I just fear that Martinez might handle things too nicely which won't cause any motivation.

Mirallas was good tbf

You were missing someone to do the unexpected and get the ball past our compact defense. You had a lot of shots blocked between 10 and 25 yards from goal, would have scored 1 or 2 if someone had the composure to find the gaps, or get behind them

It's not even about him being one footed, because in his first few years at United everyone knew what he was going to do, but he was still able to outpace and outmuscle defenders and whip in crosses. Everything he does now he second guesses himself. Rarely does Valencia get the ball and just push on and send in an early cross. He's gone completely mental when he should just be simplifying things.

Yep.

Perfect example was when Jones played him through, he cut back and eventually shifted it out and had a good shot...but in the past he would have just powered past the defender first time and got a shot away.

Barzul

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 1h
Wenger: "I hope we have something to tell you (on signings by Friday)"

GETTTT INNNNNNNNNNNNN

I think we'll definitely be signing someone. Maybe even 2. Flamini is an idiot. Still this may be a blessing in disguise, he'll be fit for Bayern.

faridmon

Mirallas was good tbf

You were missing someone to do the unexpected and get the ball past our compact defense. You had a lot of shots blocked between 10 and 25 yards from goal, would have scored 1 or 2 if someone had the composure to find the gaps, or get behind them

I haven't watched the game, so I will take your words for it in regards to Miralles, but whenever I have watched him play, it seems that he is playing for himself and only does good when it comes to solo efforts and whatnot. Definitely a massive step-down from the crazy things he was doing last season.

Also, that gameplan does sound like us. We are looking for someone to creat chances rather than work together as a team. One thing Martinez is at fault here si taht he set up the team to be reliant on individual brilliance from the likes of Barkely, Coleman and sometimes McCarthy and Pianaar, as opposed to the team mentality we had under Moyes.

But Baines signed a new contract as well as Miralles. Coleman and Barkley are to sign a new lucrative contracts this summer. It seems that we are building for the long term.

I just hope Osman just fucks off.

GorillaJu

Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko are the two Ukrainian wingers. Not seen enough to pass judgment but from what little I have seen, Kono is the better of the two.

Hixx

I haven't watched the game, so I will take your words for it in regards to Miralles, but whenever I have watched him play, it seems that he is playing for himself and only does good when it comes to solo efforts and whatnot. Definitely a massive step-down from the crazy things he was doing last season.

Also, that gameplan does sound like us. We are looking for someone to creat chances rather than work together as a team. One thing Martinez is at fault here si taht he set up the team to be reliant on individual brilliance from the likes of Barkely, Coleman and sometimes McCarthy and Pianaar, as opposed to the team mentality we had under Moyes.

But Baines signed a new contract as well as Miralles. Coleman and Barkley are to sign a new lucrative contracts this summer. It seems that we are building for the long term.

I just hope Osman just fucks off.

That's exactly what he did tonight.

Reminds me of Borini.

Jarnet87

He was alright, didn't do anything special.

We were poor again.

He's surrounded by sh*t. He'll shine some but mainly will be dragged down by the garbage Moyes surrounds him with. He fits better then Kagawa however. Poor Shinji just wants to move the ball and play up tempo football but he's surrounded by players stuck in quicksand. He's looked great when the team plays hi tempo and with urgency which is .00001 percent of the time.

faridmon

And I refuse to blame all of our problems on injuries.

Yes, a lot of them are gone, but we should have at least some plan C, D or E. Alcatraz is not the answer.

Hixx

And I refuse to blame all of our problems on injuries.

Yes, a lot of them are gone, but we should have at least some plan C, D or E. Alcatraz is not the answer.

You would think with a name like that he would be harder for attackers to get away from

ill get my coat

He's also just joined, I can't imagine he's had any real time to settle into the squad outside of a few sessions (if even that).

With that considered he did bloody well, began to look very confident in midfield later on in the game.

L1NETT

From what I saw of the game, looked pretty easy to escape from Alcatraz

ZING

GODDMAN YOU HIXX THAT TOOK ME AGES

--

Derby won, Bamford fucking scored a fucking gain. And hudders lost to Bouremouth. Tehehehehehe

faridmon

That's exactly what he did tonight.

Reminds me of Borini.

sigh

Why am I not surprised?

Anyway, hope we learn a lesson from this. Its not the end of the world and I am certainly not gonna moan about it. 3rd defeat of the season and 4 points to Liverpool.

We can do this.

Clegg

Mark Ogden seems to have a decent source at United and gets stories before other journos. But his reporting on United's kit deal is quite shoddy. Doesn't even know how much United got from Nike last year.

Anyway, £65m a year from whoever starting in 2015 and £55m a year from Chevrolet starting this summer. Could buy a few good players with that kind of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom