• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's surrounded by sh*t. He'll shine some but mainly will be dragged down by the garbage Moyes surrounds him with. He fits better then Kagawa however. Poor Shinji just wants to move the ball and play up tempo football but he's surrounded by players stuck in quicksand. He's looked great when the team plays hi tempo and with urgency which is .00001 percent of the time.

There is a general lack of confidence amongst the players which is a big problem.

If we can get RVP, Rooney and Mata playing together that should bring things along but Moyes will have to adjust his tactics also.

Edit - What Clegg said.

Yen

I'm looking at all of you Northern Ireland GAF

BfGyGJVCUAAwGKL.jpg:large

Derry? Typical.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Big question is what's gonna happen when RVP, Rooney and Mata all start. Can't just Jeep Juan out on the wing as its a clear waste of his talents. Requires a tactical rethink from Moyes.

Looking at the stats and while I expect this to be upped he contributed more chances than anyone else on the park sans Evra who plays suicide LB atm.

Juan Mata Man Utd 4
Patrice Evra Man Utd 4
Ashley Young Man Utd 2
Kevin McNaughton Cardiff 2
Phil Jones Man Utd 2

All things measured it was a good performance from him, considering it was his first start since the 1st of Jan, good game to ease him into things. Looking forward to Saturday now.

K1LLER7

Mata: "It was amazing, the atmosphere. The most important thing is that we won, we got the three points. This is hopefully the beginning of a good run of results. It's been an amazing game for me - I tried my best, my team-mates are very good and the atmosphere has been incredible. It's been a while since the last game I played, it was 1st January. Last week I didn't train very much because I was waiting. I am very happy to have played in the line-up and I'm looking forward to playing more. When I went off all of the stands were cheering me and it is something that I will never forget. It's special for me, three points, victory and I'm looking forward to playing at the weekend."

Midfield is still terrible :'(

K1LLER7

It is thought Adidas, Puma and Warrior have all expressed an interest in replacing Nike.

"We are currently in discussions with multiple parties regarding our global retail, apparel and product licensing business, starting in the 2015-16 season," said a club statement.

"This process is a routine practice used for our global and regional sponsorship deals and helps us maximize the value/structure of the club's partnerships."

Ed get that £££$$$

Loved all the old Ole songs coming out today. What a legend.

Moyes gets more support from the fans than Fergie ever did at any point in the last 10 years. Pays to be crap :lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Mata is just spouting the usual stuff that gets spouted by new players. Özil done same, as did Cazorla etc.

Nothing worth reading. Just pr for fans.

I actually have some respect for him not touting the "dream move" "since I was a boy" stuff, he played the line very well between respect for his old club and hopes for his new one.

faridmon

Mata is just spouting the usual stuff that gets spouted by new players. Özil done same, as did Cazorla etc.

Nothing worth reading. Just pr for fans.

Yeah, I am not sure why anyone would be surprised at that.

Even players who were born within said stadium will make it out to be the holiest place on earth.

Mata will say anything positive, because he is employed by the club to do so.

Lightning

Banned
I actually have some respect for him not touting the "dream move" "since I was a boy" stuff, he played the line very well between respect for his old club and hopes for his new one.
Yeah he has done it in the best way possible. A true gentlemen, great player, and just a classy individual.

wedward

Doesn't want to burn bridges with Chelsea. When Mou combusts and is replaced by some nobody, Abromovich will try and get Mata back to win over the fans.

Showaddy

Seems Lewis Holtby is off to Dortmund as they couldn't get Kovacic.

Don't want him to go but at least now I wont feel guilty about Spurs fucking him over by flogging him to Stoke.

arkon

Play-offs were always a faint hope. Getting fainter. Still I'm pleased with where we are at the moment. 24 points off last season's total with 19 games to go. Improve on that points total and mid-table or top half finish, I'd be more than happy with that. Shame we couldn't have had a good long cup run.

It is thought Adidas, Puma and Warrior have all expressed an interest in replacing Nike.

"We are currently in discussions with multiple parties regarding our global retail, apparel and product licensing business, starting in the 2015-16 season," said a club statement.

"This process is a routine practice used for our global and regional sponsorship deals and helps us maximize the value/structure of the club's partnerships."

Ed get that £££$$$

I hope all 3 of them get Nike to shell out more money. I don't want an Adidas, Puma, or Warrior kit.

Don't worry he was just playing today so Adnan can get a rest ahead of the weekend.

Adnan should have scored that chance today. Needs to focus on his football and not chicken.

He's going through the same phase Ronaldo went through. They try to score the perfect goal by trying to place it in the corner every time instead of just getting it on target.

Anyone got gifs of the United goals? Still can't quite believe Mata's now wearing a United top.

Just bought my new pc. Most of the parts were eligible for Amazon prime apart from the graphics card and the dvd drive -_-

Don't want him to go but at least now I wont feel guilty about Spurs fucking him over by flogging him to Stoke.
Honigstein was saying the deals off as Dortmund don't want to pay the £5m that Spurs want.

I hope all 3 of them get Nike to shell out more money. I don't want an Adidas, Puma, or Warrior kit.
This is probably what will happen.

Nike have the right to match the bid of any other manufacturer, so unless they are priced out we are staying with Nike. Highly doubt they will let their most lucrative and high profile team slip away to a direct rival.

Honigstein says Holtby to Dortmund is off because they're not willing to pay 6 million for him.

Clegg

Don't worry he was just playing today so Adnan can get a rest ahead of the weekend.

Adnan should have scored that chance today. Needs to focus on his football and not chicken.
His and Young's misses were poor.

Young couldn't use his left to score from a few yards out. Dunno how Adnan missed his tbh. 3/4s of the goal was empty.

K1LLER7

Should have got it on target at least. Surprises me sometimes how, whilst in the box and under little pressure, professionals still completely miss such a big target.

It was on his weak foot tho. Would have scored if it was on his left :p

faridmon

I would really love Holtby at Everton. Would add dimensions to our gameplan.

Too bad we ain't spending. Being an Everton fan is just a curse, I'll tell ya :(

Clegg

In context of other players who have gone for big fees recently, is Mata really worth 40m?
He's been one of the best attacking players in the league since his arrival. And £30-£40m seems to be the going rate for players of that kind of quality. Only 25 too so he has plenty of good years left. I'd say he's well worth it.

Edit: Viva beat me to it.

faridmon

Surely you could stretch to 6mil for him? Assuming Spurs would sell to you.

That would be a common sense for any club at our position.

But no, Bill Kenwright doesn't think we need strengthening.

Its just massive headache. Where did the Fellaini's money go?

That would be a common sense for any club at our position.

But no, Bill Kenwright doesn't think we need strengthening.

Its just massive headache. Where did the Fellaini's money go?
McCarthy was £13m. You paid a significant loan fee for Lukaku, something like £5m wasn't it? Barry and Deulofeu are costing you too.

Plus you're generally broke.

faridmon

McCarthy was £13m. You paid a significant loan fee for Lukaku, something like £5m wasn't it? Barry and Deulofeu are costing you too.

Plus you're generally broke.

There Half truth in there. But also we sold Anachibie for 6 and Jelavic for 8.5.
Barrys wages are still paid by Man City and half of Delafou's wages are paid by Barca.

13 + 5 is nowhere near close to 27 M

Something is amiss.

There Half truth in there. But also we sold Anachibie for 6 and Jelavic for 8.5.
Barrys wages are still paid by Man City and half of Delafou's wages are paid by Barca.

13 + 5 is nowhere near close to 27 M

Something is amiss.
You sold those two for a combined £15m.

Holy shit.

Hmm, maybe you are saving for the summer. Seriously though haven't Everton always been in a position where you need to sell just to cover your costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom