• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy snow. I just checked, didn't know the next games in the RPL are on the 9th of March.

Loko vs Zeni title decider is all the way in May.

People just aren't interested without Loskov in the game, they are waiting for him to finish getting his coaching licence.
Yeah, we're going to be rusty as fuck when we play Dortmund in the CL. Oh and Capello is forcing the league to squish the last three league fixtures into 1 week so the national team gets extra WC prep time. It's going to be brutal.

K1LLER7

Just watched the game again.

Mata played exactly like Kagawa except he kept trying long passes. Most of them didn't work. That was behind the striker. He'll have it more difficult when playing on the wing. Moyes needs to start telling the players to move otherwise he'll never get the best out of his attacking players.
The one game we had some good movement was against leverkusen away. Giggs the one who pushed up from midfield which helped Shinji. Was our best performance this season imo.

Jack cw

there's a team between you and BVB though.
You mean Neverkusen? They are going to be on foruth place in the next 7 days.
New fifa more arcady??? Old pro evo was the ultimate for that. Just give the ball to someone fast and dribble through the whole team and score. Plus it was so much easier to score from distance.

Fifa has always been a better team game. AI isn't great in this version but FIFA 10-12 were really great IMO.

notsureifserious.jpg
Shanks pls. I know you have no idea about football, but this has to sarcasm.

Lightning

Banned
You don't consider away to Man City one of your worst performances?
No. City's quality and our shit defending was the difference but we had our chances in that game, we had a goal disallowed, blatant penalty denied, and our attack looked good.

Playing like we did against City we will win most games because not every team can finish like City. Playing like we did against United, Napoli and Southampton we will beat no one. Just rubbish.

FootballFan

Yeah, we're going to be rusty as fuck when we play Dortmund in the CL. Oh and Capello is forcing the league to squish the last three league fixtures into 1 week so the national team gets extra WC prep time. It's going to be brutal.

:eek: Capello has that much power?

Sucks that you have to play Dortmund when the players aren't match fit =/

Blablurn

notsureifserious.jpg

po1x8IJ.jpg

notsureifserious.jpg

By no idea of football you mean hold my own opinions rather than just agreeing with everyone on an internet forum.

Fifa is a better game for involving a team. If you want to win at old pro evo than you just needed messi or ronaldo and 10 scrubs. Fifa requires you to actually pass to teammates and create chances and make openings.

Who's this major signing Rodgers mentioned then? At this stage, it has to be a midfielder, since it would not make sense to carry on chasing targets in non-priority areas this close to the close of the window. Who though?

:eek: Capello has that much power?

Sucks that you have to play Dortmund when the players aren't match fit =/

The league always does what the Russian Football Union tells them and they do what Capello tells them.

As for our match fitness, eh didn't stop us from getting past Liverpool last year. And I have hopes that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_United_Supercup

will gives us the match fitness we need. Sure, it's still technically friendlies but there's always an edge when you play them Ukrainian cunts (and CSKA too for that matter)

FootballFan

The league always does what the Russian Football Union tells them and they do what Capello tells them.

As for our match fitness, eh didn't stop us from getting past Liverpool last year. And I have hopes that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_United_Supercup

will gives us the match fitness we need. Sure, it's stil technically friendlies but there's always an edge when you play them Ukrainian cunts (and CSKA too for that matter)

I don't think you can compare Liverpool in Europa last season with Dortmund in the CL.

Brentan was still experimenting m8.

Feorax

He'll be more expensive that Salah was so you guys won't pay up. There, I saved you some time.

We're offering £16 million according to the Telegraph. That a reasonable amount do you think?

Hmm.

Would be a coup, but I still question the wisdom of seemingly neglecting the midfield depth issue

I agree, but we have to hope that what we have can hold out whilst we're waiting for others to come back from injury. At full strength, our midfield is good enough for a top 4 place I think, and if Coutinho can do as well deeper as he did last night, we might just be ok.

Flanagan is solid at RB. LB is just going to depend on how quickly one of Johnson or Enrique can get back.

I think the logic is that we can use Konoplyanka on the left and keep Sterling on the right, allowing us to use one or both of Suarez or Sturridge upfront without them having to drift wide constantly.

Jack cw

By no idea of football you mean hold my own opinions rather than just agreeing with everyone on an internet forum.

Fifa is a better game for involving a team. If you want to win at old pro evo than you just needed messi or ronaldo and 10 scrubs. Fifa requires you to actually pass to teammates and create chances and make openings.

You know whats funny with opinions? Everyone has one, but it doesnt change the fact that 99% of them are factually wrong. And I remember FIFA in the old days as something like position yourself in front of the goalie and he will kick the ball against you. Instant goal. Or out of 100 goals, 90 were done by doing the same all over again. PES wasnt perfect either and rocket wingers were no fun. Still, the multiplayer and the freedom to play it as you like was something miles ahead of EAs offerings.
Table if there wouldn't be any Bayern team

Haha, there actually 2 Bayern teams in that league :p

I don't think you can compare Liverpool in Europa last season with Dortmund in the CL.

Brentan was still experimenting m8.
Liverpool, Dortmund it doesn't matter. Zenit's never lost in February at home. It will be like -20 degrees. Match fitness doesn't matter when you're frozen alive. The pitch will be shit. Nobody will be able to score except Kerzhakov.

Last time we played Bayern we put 4 past them. Last time we played Leverkusen we put 4 past them. Dortmund will be no different.

Blablurn

You know whats funny with opinions? Everyone has one, but it doesnt change the fact that 99% of them are factually wrong. And I remember FIFA in the old days as something like position yourself in front of the goalie and he will kick the ball against you. Instant goal. Or out of 100 goals, 90 were done by doing the same all over again. PES wasnt perfect either and rocket wingers were no fun. Still, the multiplayer and the freedom to play it as you like was something miles ahead of EAs offerings.

Jack pls!

FootballFan

Liverpool, Dortmund it doesn't matter. Zenit's never lost in February at home. It will be like -20 degrees. Match fitness doesn't matter when you're frozen alive. The pitch will be shit. Nobody will be able to score except Kerzhakov.

Last time we played Bayern we put 4 past them. Last time we played Leverkusen we put 4 past them. Dortmund will be no different.

Bundesliga.

iP8AfULnOPgy3.gif

Jack cw

I still can't believe Moyes would honestly hand in a £25m bid for Kroos. That simply has to be false. I mean there's low-balling and then there's that.
Wut? Thats like a bid for on of his legs :D
Even with 1,5 years left in his contract Bayern wont let him go under 40£ million.

Sure pre ps360. But now and especially 10-12 FIFA they have produced the better of the two for actually having a genuine football experience.

If you want to pick up a game and play it with your mates, then pro evo has always been the way to go. If you want to score Barcelona like tika taka goals then FIFA is the option.

It all comes down to how you prefer to play games.

It is funny how you talk about opinions being bullshit and then give your own opinions. Pot kettle black.

Blablurn

My favourite Klopp quote from 2012:

Coach Klopp zog derweil ein Fazit: "Es ist Außergewöhnliches passiert. 81 Punkte, das ist eine historische Marke, die sobald keiner knacken wird - auch wir nicht. In 30 oder 40 Jahren werden wir mit einem Lächeln auf den Lippen zurückblicken, vielleicht ist die Marke dann ja noch immer nicht geknackt."

Jack cw

My favourite Klopp quote from 2012:

Coach Klopp zog derweil ein Fazit: "Es ist Außergewöhnliches passiert. 81 Punkte, das ist eine historische Marke, die sobald keiner knacken wird - auch wir nicht. In 30 oder 40 Jahren werden wir mit einem Lächeln auf den Lippen zurückblicken, vielleicht ist die Marke dann ja noch immer nicht geknackt."

Haha, Klopp. Never underestimate the Chinese. Never!

Feorax

Seriously though, if Konoplyanka is available for 20 million euros then it's hard to imagine that Liverpool would be the only team interested.

He can't be that good, he doesn't even exist on Fifa :p.

Apparently PSG are interested as well, but they wan't to offload Menez first. Hopefully we can act quickly if we're serious about this.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So what's wrong with Zaha? The English Elia?

Aside from his inability to express emotions with his face

Clegg

Have the day off Uni so watching highlights of the game. Mata keeps dropping between Cardiff's defence and midfield to receive the ball, but gets ignored half the time. Makes smart runs behind the defence, gets ignored. Receives the ball and only RVP is moving to create space for the pass. Shambles.

This is a hangover from the Fergie era but I was hoping Moyes would have at least tries to address the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom