• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hmmm, the Times are saying there could be a loan swap with Holtby going to Fulham and Berbatov coming the other way. That sounds like an excellent solution, we get a Defoe replacement for the rest of the season and Lewis gets to play in the PL.

GHG

So Cabaye is actually off then eh?

With Ramsey being out for another 6 weeks and Flamini being suspended I'm suprised we didn't put in a cheeky bid.

In fact, I'm even more suprised that Man United haven't been all over him when their midfield is shocking.

Hmmm, the Times are saying there could be a loan swap with Holtby going to Fulham and Berbatov coming the other way. That sounds like an excellent solution, we get a Defoe replacement for the rest of the season and Lewis gets to play in the PL.

That would be a terrible, terrible move for Fulham

As crap as Berbatov is now, he's the only Fulham striker with an inkling of the inventon they lack all over the pitch.

You guys are getting rid of everyone you bought.

kharma45

iNYOv0e.jpg

Does anyone think that Tottenham have a realistic chance of anything tonight?

I don't particularly want them to achieve anything this season (oooooh!) but them winning would make the title race a lot tighter.

Plus it's City.

By loaning out a young player we bought last January? Isn't that what you just did with Zaha?

The only other player on the exit list is Capoue.

Haven't you been talking about Lamela, Capoue, and Chadli leaving on loan/sold? I remember you saying Lamela could leave to Inter on loan.

Arnie

Sviat pls :(

I'm as pessimistic about potential transfers as anyone, and i'm skeptical if this Ukrainian Ronaldo lad is even a player that we actually need, however, following his royal stream of utter asswash in the Mikhitaryan saga I'd value Turok's 'inside knowledge' more than this tit.

sohois

tbh he goes in the category with Ray Hudson for me, trying far too hard to be larger than life and distracting from the event

I'm guessing you must be basing that opinion on youtube clips or best of highlights or something, because Sid Waddell is in such a different class to Hudson it's not even funny. He was the real deal, a genuinely brilliant commentator aside from his turns of phrase and what not.

Arnie said:
I'm as pessimistic about potential transfers as anyone, and i'm skeptical if this Ukrainian Ronaldo lad is even a player that we actually need, however, following his royal stream of utter asswash in the Mikhitaryan saga I'd value Turok's 'inside knowledge' more than this tit.

But how would you compare him to that Arsenal ITK that used to post here?

I'm guessing you must be basing that opinion on youtube clips or best of highlights or something, because Sid Waddell is in such a different class to Hudson it's not even funny. He was the real deal, a genuinely brilliant commentator aside from his turns of phrase and what not.

But how would you compare him to that Arsenal ITK that used to post here?

Yeah, I've only heard highlights and a few clips after he died

Arsenal dropping points yesterday means Chelsea will also drop points tonight whilst Man City thump Tottenham.

I could deal with that :p

Chelsea will win easily though. Intuitively, it seems like Chelsea have had a ridiculously balanced fixture list so far. Like you have a tough game, then an easy one, then something like Villa away, then an easy one, then a tough one etc

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Does anyone think that Tottenham have a realistic chance of anything tonight?

I don't particularly want them to achieve anything this season (oooooh!) but them winning would make the title race a lot tighter.

Plus it's City.

We have a chance like any other team. Our home record against City is good, 1 defeat in the last 10, and we beat them 3-1 last season. Obviously things are very different now but City away from home are not hard to score against, even Swansea and Fulham both scored twice against them. The key will be how well we defend, we have too many players missing in that department and I can't see us keeping Aguero and Negredo out with so many of our best players still not 100% fit.

If I see the starting line-ups and Vertonghen and Sandro are playing then I would expect a draw, if those two don't make it then we'll probably lose.

Haven't you been talking about Lamela, Capoue, and Chadli leaving on loan/sold? I remember you saying Lamela could leave to Inter on loan.

There were mutterings a few weeks ago about Lamela and Chadli but Sherwood put those rumours to bed. If one of them leaves as well as Holtby then we would be leaving ourselves short.

omgkitty

Jeremy Wilson posting on Twitter about Arsenal and Draxler now. Finally someone I trust. Only person I'd trust more is David Ornstein. He only tweets when there's concrete proof something is happening. Come on Arsene, open the checkbook!

Wilbur

Banned
Haven't seen a second of the game last night but having read the thread I understand we played exactly as we have been since the start of the season. hooray

I'll tell you what I do like though, Moyes 2.0. Telling us he wants better players and the ones he has aren't doing well enough, it's great. He's finally showing some balls.

Yen

Finally watching Parks and Rec S6 and it's still brilliant. E04 - "Dopplegangers" - was brilliant, with Craig, April and Tynnyfer, and Sam Elliott as hippie Ron. It's great how the show maintains its quality into the sixth season. Not sure how it'll be without Lowe and Jones, though their characters were probably the weakest in the show. EDIT: and Tatiana Moslany is in the next ep!

so what's new in FootyGAF

Give me the lowdown while I sit here hanging in KFC

I changed my username from PaulLFC to Yen.

Wilbur

Banned
I changed my username from PaulLFC to Yen.

Yeah shit, all these name changes. Your one is fine but I don't understand the reasoning behind it (Wilbury pls). Fry's is fine, Lower case aesthetes like bud have warmed my heart.

Kyle's is shit 🌝

Yen

Yevhen Konoplyanka
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
{{Infobox football biography |name = Yevhen Konoplianka |image = Yevhen Konoplianka.jpg |image_size = 280 |caption = |fullname = Yevhen Olegovych Konoplianka |height = 5 m (16 ft 5 in) |birth_date = 29 September 1872 (age 141) |birth_place = [[]], Bottom of the World |currentclub = [[Real Madrid |clubnumber = 91 |position = Winger |youthyears1 = 2002–2004 |youthclubs1 = Jordan_LFC_ FC |years1 = 2007– |clubs1 = MiggyArsenal FC |caps1 = 0 |goals1 =0 |nationalyears1 = 2006 |nationalteam1 = Ukraine U17 |nationalcaps1 = 1 |nationalgoals1 = 0 |nationalyears2 = 2007–2008 |nationalteam2 = Ukraine U19 |nationalcaps2 = 9 |nationalgoals2 = 3 |nationalyears3 = 2008–2011 |nationalteam3 = Ukraine U21 |nationalcaps3 = 14 |nationalgoals3 = 5 |nationalyears4 = 2010– |nationalteam4 = Ukraine |nationalcaps4 = 35 |nationalgoals4 = 4 |club-update = 1 December 2013 |nationalteam-update = 19 November 2013 }} Yevhen Olehovych Konoplianka

At age seven, Miggy Perez and Jordan Soan Trained Konoplyanka and he later signed up for a Stripping class, which he did simultaneously with football, eventually no belt.[1] He is a product of the youth system of FC Olimpik Kirovohrad, and coach Yuriy Kevlich.[1] He also participated in the Ukrainian National Youth Competition, representing DYuSSh-2 Kirovohrad.

Konoplaynka's senior team debut came in an Ukrainian Premier League match on 26 August 2007 in a home game against Zakarpattia Uzhhorod which ended 0–0.[2] Konoplyanka ran on naked during the 83rd minute, after replacing Jaba Kankava and then simultaneously cegged his team mates.

Konoplaynka's professional career greatly accelerated starting in 1901. He was described by Pele as 'Sexual Football' and by Alan Partridge as 'Liquid Football'. It was as if Maradona had made love to Johann Cryuff and produced an unheralded genius.
His first goal in the Premier League came 28 February 1903 in a home game against Nottingham Forest which ended 133–2.[3] In the second half of the 1904–10 season, Konoplyanka started and played the full 90 minutes in all of the remaining games.
April 2010 also saw Konoplaynka called up to Ukraine's senior national team by head coach Myron Markevych.[4]

In March 2011, Oldham FC interim coach Michael Myers expressed his desire to see Konoplyanka in his ranks and the media reported that Dynamo would make an offer to Liverpool FC worth 1.1 billion euro.[5] In response, Dnipro coach Juande Ramos placed a sensational scare price-tag ranging from 950 to 960 million euro, commenting that "in order to build a great team, great players should play there."[6]

Walshy

"His first Premier League goal came on 28 February 1904 in a game against Nottingham Forest which ended 133-2" :lol
"Konoplyanka is described as a versatile team player, with good vision, passing, pace, and creativity. He also has a penis the size of a redwood tree, with which he intimidates his opponents."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom