• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Haven't seen a second of the game last night but having read the thread I understand we played exactly as we have been since the start of the season. hooray

I'll tell you what I do like though, Moyes 2.0. Telling us he wants better players and the ones he has aren't doing well enough, it's great. He's finally showing some balls.

Yeah I like that he's less of a pussy now.

Yeah I like that he's less of a pussy now.

Wrw2mbb.png

Moyes.

Moyes never changes.

Don't mention Suarez

TeddyBoy

http://ua.tribuna.com/football/1010223790.html

Google translate gets his name horribly wrong, but still

1388244719973.gif

I don't remember the England vs Ukraine games very much, but I do remember being terrified of Ukraine's wingers. Every time they got the ball they looked threatening. He'd be a good winger and if Sviat's scouting report is right, he'll be a good team player and help add goals and creativity in midfield when Coutinho isn't feeling it.

Ukrainian Messi and Neygod combined.

Mastadon

Banned
Ooh

@SkySportsNews: Sky Sources: Liverpool head of recruitment Dave Fallows heading to Ukraine for talks with Dnipro winger Yevhen Konoplyanka #SSN

Well yesterday's match was lovely. Here's some of my thoughts over it.

- Why is Mata wearing a no. 8 shirt? Is that temporary or will there be an actualy no. 7 coming? Valencia is already no. 25. Also having Mata is fantastic. We actually have a threatening offense now. Midfield is still a worry, with it just being... functional. Nothing more.

- Young, despite the goal, looks even shittier in person. Although honestly I think he'd make a good no. 10 in a midtable club. (oh wait we are.)

- RVP and Rooney wasn't at their best but it was alright. They just came back from an injury.

Well yesterday's match was lovely. Here's some of my thoughts over it.

- Why is Mata wearing a no. 8 shirt? Is that temporary or will there be an actualy no. 7 coming? Valencia is already no. 25. Also having Mata is fantastic. We actually have a threatening offense now. Midfield is still a worry, with it just being... functional. Nothing more.

- Young, despite the goal, looks even shittier in person. Although honestly I think he'd make a good no. 10 in a midtable club. (oh wait we are.)

- RVP and Rooney wasn't at their best but it was alright. They just came back from an injury.

No 7 you say?

jbvYALMz2Vr3Lm.jpg

LTWheels

Wasn't that the journalist who got it wrong about Mkhitaryan in the summer?

I have a good feeling about Konoplyanka, I think we'll get him.

Apparently he was meant to be our summer target at the end of this season, but because of losing out on Salah, we are trying to get him now.

Apparently he was meant to be our summer target at the end of this season, but because of losing out on Salah, we are trying to get him now.

Call it self-delusion because that's what it probably is, but if he plays more like a Hazard than a Sterling, I'd prefer to have got Konoplyanka anyway. Especially if he's not racist.

Nocerina thrown out of Italian third division after players faked injury

Italian side Nocerina have been thrown out of the country's third division after players faked injury during November's derby against Salernitana.
The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) took the action after Nocerina players were reluctant to play following death threats from their own "Ultras" fans.
Nocerina made three substitutions and five players went off injured as the game was called off after 21 minutes.
Fans issued the threats as retaliation for being banned from the game.
The Lega Pro group B encounter in southern Naples, called the "derby of hate" by the Italian media, had already started 40 minutes late with the Nocerina players needing to be persuaded to take the field.
The FIGC's disciplinary body also handed lengthy bans to a number of players and officials and the club were fined 10,000 euros ($13,700).
A FIGC statement read: "Nocerina have been excluded from the Lega Pro championship for sporting fraud and will be assigned by the Federal Council to one of the leagues' lower categories.
"The club has also been fined 10,000 euros. The decision comes into effect immediately and has been announced to the Lega Pro and its stakeholders."
Salernitana's club president Claudio Lotito, who holds the same position at Serie A giants Lazio, compared the Salerno derby to forcing "Israelis to take on the Palestinians". BBC.

Italy is crazy.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Well it does indeed appear we are bringing no-one else in this window, cant honestly complain but the worry is setting in over our midfield. Just spoke to mum who was at the game and she said they played quite well, though Jones was horrendous and Valencia pointless.

Wilbur

Banned
Haven't seen anywhere near enough of this guy, but considering they were reluctant to spend so much on Salah, this reeks of a panic buy a bit.

Mastadon

Banned
Haven't seen anywhere near enough of this guy, but considering they were reluctant to spend so much on Salah, this reeks of a panic buy a bit.

I'm not sure it's a panic buy. A lot of people on Twitter have pointed out that if we're intending to use Coutinho in the middle like we did last night, a LW will be needed.

Still not a priority position in my mins, but you see the logic.

GorillaJu

Back last summer, when we were linked with Mkhitaryan I read a bit of Dortmund forums to see what their thoughts were when it became apparent they'd be signing him. A lot of them were disappointed and hoped that the Mkhitaryan deal was just a smokescreen for Konoplyanka :p

Wilbur

Banned
I'm not sure it's a panic buy. A lot of people on Twitter have pointed out that if we're intending to use Coutinho in the middle like we did last night, a LW will be needed.

Still not a priority position in my mins, but you see the logic.

Is that working under the assumption that Suarez is off?

Django
Kono-Couts-Suarez

I guess that's what you'd play? Instead of going two up front

Back last summer, when we were linked with Mkhitaryan I read a bit of Dortmund forums to see what their thoughts were when it became apparent they'd be signing him. A lot of them were disappointed and hoped that the Mkhitaryan deal was just a smokescreen for Konoplyanka :p

What were you reading?

We needed a CAM, Konoplyanka isn't one. And I can't recall us being linked with him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom