• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck off spurs, sold bale for a bunch of flops, get bent

darren_bent_1388103c.jpg

Timurid

Matuidi was always going to sign that contract. He was the unsung hero at PSG last season and can be the same for this season. Plus it would've been dumb to let a quality mid leave a team where they were already short in the midfield.

Willkiller, if we follow the lifelong fan code then Juan Pablo is the only true lifelong fan.

Nasser, give me Pogby!!!!

Cabaye, Verratti, and Matuidi midfield is going to be good. Motta on the bench and Rabiot coming back would be good. Finally done fucking rotation.

Now hope VDW doesn't get injured or we'll be fucked.

omgkitty

Glad UEFA has a process to investigate a teams qualification for FFP. I don't care if you're a City fan or not, that shit is not exactly what I'd call ethical.

Carbonox

Matuidi was always going to sign that contract. He was the unsung hero at PSG last season and can be the same for this season. Plus it would've been dumb to let a quality mid leave a team where they were already short in the midfield.

Willkiller, if we follow the lifelong fan code then Juan Pablo is the only true lifelong fan.

Cabaye, Verratti, and Matuidi midfield is going to be good. Motta on the bench and Rabiot coming back would be good. Finally done fucking rotation.

That sounds so tidy. I'm now a lifelong PSG fan. Been a fan ever since Paris was nothing but a wasteland for Tyrannosaurs 6432432 million years ago. Laurent Blanc was prowling around then too!

Perfect excuse to get Debuchy so he will never leave Cabaye.

Meier

Lescott going to be on 90k p/w at West Ham. Woof.

If they still pay him that same amount after his deal runs down in June, I'd be shocked. I know there was a Turkish club after him and their tax rate is VERY low, so he could have used that offer as a bargaining chip to stay on big wages.

If we do let him go, we'll definitely be signing a new CB. I'm kinda cringing over it being Mangala because of the price. Zouma would certainly be more prudent in that regard but Mangala is obviously a better player.

Wes

venison crêpe
If they still pay him that same amount after his deal runs down in June, I'd be shocked. I know there was a Turkish club after him and their tax rate is VERY low, so he could have used that offer as a bargaining chip to stay on big wages.

If we do let him go, we'll definitely be signing a new CB. I'm kinda cringing over it being Mangala because of the price. Zouma would certainly be more prudent in that regard but Mangala is obviously a better player.

Seems it's 90k p/w now, as you say, then a 3 year contract if they stay up at about half that salary.

Meier

Glad UEFA has a process to investigate a teams qualification for FFP. I don't care if you're a City fan or not, that shit is not exactly what I'd call ethical.

City have cut losses in half two years running and have spent 100m+ on CFA in the process. You're able to deduct expenditures that are improving your youth setup. There are also some other provisions in place if a team is making serious strides. City will definitely be safe.

Ars v Liv FA cup game is late Sunday kick off.

3 days before Bayern.

Lolz.

City's is actually later on the 15th (5:15 PM versus 4:00 PM for Arsenal on the 16th) and the Barca game is also 3 days away. February is a brutal month for fixtures.

TeddyBoy

San @Zizouology
Latest news is, Spurs have now entered the race for Konoplyanka & they're willing to pay £15M. Liverpool also talking bit.ly/1fwOSkv

kill me now

Spurs don't spend money unless they make a sale. I don't quite see them selling £15m worth of players this transfer window (they also need to buy a striker).

Liverpool are also reportedly paying the same asking price, so I don't see how that would affect things, which means would Konoplyanka rather play for Liverpool or Spurs. I imagine internationals prefer London over the North West, but I'd think we could give him more game time and probably better wages.

Carbonox

Old quote on the wives of Debuchy and Cabaye:

The newspaper said the two women were “just as inseparable as their husbands.”

Mate, imagine the foursome video obviously somewhere online.

ib2prFi25kEdBe.png

ibxich6LIjue00.png
"hip dip pip frogever alone"

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
San @Zizouology
Latest news is, Spurs have now entered the race for Konoplyanka & they're willing to pay £15M. Liverpool also talking bit.ly/1fwOSkv

kill me now

ahahaha

Almost certainly bollocks. This is the same guy who said we were getting Bernard. We have Lennon, Townsend, Chadli, Lamela and Sigurdsson, we don't need another wide player, though it would be funny to pinch him from Liverpool.

I'm starting to get the prematch jitters now, please Sherwood don't play 442. Show me you've learned your lesson.

Clegg

We're gonna end the transfer window having failed to strengthen the two areas we needed to most but ending up with a world class attacking midfielder.

We have such a bizarre transfer process.

L1NETT

Heads up Pulga and co, avoid the Arrow thread and promos if you don't want tonight's spoiled like
deathstroke
was last week.

pulga

Banned
We're gonna end the transfer window having failed to strengthen the two areas we needed to most but ending up with a world class attacking midfielder.

shouldve bought Ozil when you had the chance, couldve concentrated on the real needs during this window

Heads up Pulga and co, avoid the Arrow thread and promos if you don't want tonight's spoiled like
deathstroke
was last week.

fucking IGN already ruined next weeks episode -_- going into today's in the dark though! :3

Wilbur

Banned

If Moyes is serious about only targeting world class talent though, and you list every single world class centre midfielder around, hard to think any of them would come in January. We lucked out with Mata being available.

Sky Italia confirmed that Milan have signed Taarabt on loan until june 2014. Buyout clause is set at €7m. Zaccardo won't leave, by the way.

I really hoped Galliani would've bought another CB. Guess I'll have to wait til next summer.

Barzul

If PSG is going for Pogba and now having signed Cabaye, why would Matuidi sign on? Why didn't he sign on a year ago? There's more to it imo.

Clegg

If Moyes is serious about only targeting world class talent though, and you list every single world class centre midfielder around, hard to think any of them would come in January. We lucked out with Mata being available.
I'm sure there are players out there who could've come in this January and strengthened the side. Don't necessarily have to be world class either. But if that's what Moyes is looking for then fair play to him. Puts us under a lot of pressure to qualify for the CL though.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm sure there are players out there who could've come in this January and strengthened the side. Don't necessarily have to be world class either. But if that's what Moyes is looking for then fair play to him. Puts us under a lot of pressure to qualify for the CL though.

Oh I agree. Good players are better than what we have right now provided we could get them for the right price. Guarin for 10m or so would be a good deal; not world class, but better than what we have and relatively cheap.

Meier

Sky Italia confirmed that Milan have signed Taarabt on loan until june 2014. Buyout clause is set at €7m. Zaccardo won't leave, by the way.

I really hoped Galliani would've bought another CB. Guess I'll have to wait til next summer.

He has truly been terrible this year. I am sure Fulham will be thrilled to get his wages off the books -- probably the only way they could afford Mitroglou.

doicare

Why are Arsenal trying to sign Draxler, yet another AM for over 30m when they already have Özil, Cazorla, Walcott, Gnabry, Podolski, Oxlade-Chamberlain and at a push when they have Wilshere and Rosicky who can play there.

If they buy Draxler then he's either going to rot on the bench or if he plays then either Cazorla or Walcott are going to be left out, get pissed off and want to leave, not to mention Oxlade-Chamberlain and Gnabry's development will be significantly stifled to the point at least one of them will have to leave as well.

In other news can't wait for United to sign Kroos, he's like german version of Tom Cleverley but with talent.

Clegg

Oh I agree. Good players are better than what we have right now provided we could get them for the right price. Guarin for 10m or so would be a good deal; not world class, but better than what we have and relatively cheap.
I read an article in the Telegraph which said United's scouts left an Inter game unsure if Guarin was any good or not. That one looks like a no go.

ahahaha

Almost certainly bollocks. This is the same guy who said we were getting Bernard. We have Lennon, Townsend, Chadli, Lamela and Sigurdsson, we don't need another wide player, though it would be funny to pinch him from Liverpool.

I'm starting to get the prematch jitters now, please Sherwood don't play 442. Show me you've learned your lesson.

I was having a barmy (well...) with a guy on Twitter about our need for new players. I reckon we're fine and we just need time to gel. This guy was adamant that we need a new left back and a new striker. I can see his point, but I don't really think they are going to make or break our season. Rose is fine, and he's improving too. We have enough strikers to play our current set up. We certainly don't need more wingers.

Pogba needs to stay where he is for as long as possible. We fucking need him.

Barzul

I'm referring to Bayern.

Lolerpool are a non entity. Not even remotely concerned about the emirates game against them.

I'm not so sure Bayern will be clear cut. At the end of it all, last season they could only beat us on away goal rules. A loss is still more likely, but it won't be some kind of blow out.

Wilbur

Banned
I read an article in the Telegraph which said United's scouts left an Inter game unsure if Guarin was any good or not. That one looks like a no go.

Oh yeah I know, non-starter :lol. I just don't like the faint implication that only the very best is good enough when we're happy to play Cleverley

Barzul

Why are Arsenal trying to sign Draxler, yet another AM for over 30m when they already have Özil, Cazorla, Walcott, Gnabry, Podolski, Oxlade-Chamberlain and at a push when they need to Wilshere and Rosicky who can play there.

If they buy Draxler then he's either going to rot on the bench or if he plays then either Cazorla or Walcott are going to be left out, get pissed off and want to leave, not to mention Oxlade-Chamberlain and Gnabry's development will be significantly stifled to the point at least one of them will have to leave as well.

In other news can't wait for United to sign Kroos, he's like german version of Tom Cleverley but with talent.

Because Rosicky is 33, Walcott tore his ACL and Gnabry is still very young.

wedward

Why are Arsenal trying to sign Draxler, yet another AM for over 30m when they already have Özil, Cazorla, Walcott, Gnabry, Podolski, Oxlade-Chamberlain and at a push when they need to Wilshere and Rosicky who can play there.

How will Chamberlains, Gnarby or Theo's development be stifled when they all play on the right and Draxler on the left? Not to mention Ox is being moved to CM. Podolski will probably be gone this summer. That leaves Santi as our only true real option on the left.

Not to mention we have horrendous injury issues and rarely ever have everyone healthy. Rosickly is an old man and Theo is out for 6 months. We could definitely use another attacker.

And rumors say Wenger wants to turn Draxler into a CF, I personally don't buy it but we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom