• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

doicare

We won't have too many players. This summer we'll be losing Bendtner and Park Chu Young. Draxler takes one of their squad spots. When Walcott comes back from injury, he fights for his place.
There are players who are first choice team players, and then there are players who are happy to be squad players who barely play. You can't just get rid of your squad players, buy in a bunch of new first choice team players and expect your current first choice team players to sit on the bench and be happy, it doesn't work like that. They'll fight for a starting spot for a while but then just like Mata they'll get fed up and leave.
He's a young player who's very versatile that can play through both the middle and out left. There have already been articles written that have looked at his stats in depth to prove that he does have the skills to become a striker and that he's much more clinical in front of goal, not to mention his dribbling skills. For the next 5 months, we're already missing several players for the next month, and Walcott is out until next season. I'm almost positive Wenger does see him as a striker in the future, and having him now as backup to other positions wouldn't hurt.
If he works out as a striker then great, i'm not holding my breath tho, he's a winger or number 10 at best.
Name me a single game where Ox has played on the left for more than 10 minutes.

I think Ox will get time in mid yes. Ramsey is out for at least 3 more weeks. Jack is constantly hurt. Arteta has another two seasons at the most.

Good chance Ox starts in the midfield on Sunday.
If you are a truely world class player then only starting a game because a bunch of other people are injured isn't good enough, you'll end up leaving to find regular football.

Fergie

Banned
@MCFC: TEAM NEWS: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Demichelis, Clichy, Navas, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko #spursvcity #mcfc

@AVFCOfficial: #AVFC Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Bertrand, Westwood, El Ahmadi, Delph, Bacuna, Weimann, Benteke. #AVFCLIVE

@chelseafc: Team v @whufc_official: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Mikel; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Eto’o. #CFC

@SAFCofficial: #safc team to play @stokecity: Mannone, Bardsley, Alonso, Ki, Brown, O'Shea (C), Johnson, Colback, Larsson, Altidore, Borini.

@whufc_official: TEAMS: #WHUFC Adrian, Demel, Tomkins, Collins, O'Brien, Noble, Taylor, Nolan (c), Downing, Diame, Carroll

wedward

There are players who are first choice team players, and then there are players who are happy to be squad players who barely play. You can't just get rid of your squad players, buy in a bunch of new first choise team players and expect your current first choice team players to sit on the bench and be happy, it doesn't work like that. They'll fight for a starting spot for a while but then just like Mata they'll get fed up and leave.

If he works out as a striker then great, i'm not holding my breath tho, he's a winger or number 10 at best.

If you are a truely world class player then only starting a game because a bunch of other people are injured isn't good enough, you'll end up leaving to find regular football.

It'll all be ok doicare. There are plenty of games.

And who is saying Ox is a world class player? He is 19. I think he understands not being a regular starter.

pulga

Banned
The costs of signing Neymar could continue to rise according to reports in this Tuesday's 'El Mundo' newspaper. The paper, which revealed the real figures involved in the contract, says that it's expected that Spain's tax authorities will consider the €50 million paid to the company N&N (Neymar&Neymar) as disguised remuneration.
The big question is if Barça has paid Spanish tax authorities for those €50 million or if the player has. The standard agreement is for that quantity to be received by the player post-tax, since players always agree net figures.
Conclusion: Neymar has not been required to pay the relevant income tax, since his current employers would be responsible for paying this additional tax charge. Otherwise, Neymar would be left with €22 million from the original €50 million.
Catalonia has the highest marginal personal tax rate in Spain (56%), and equal top with Sweden in Europe, which would mean that if we consider the sum paid to N&N (€50 million post-tax) as "disguised remuneration" we'd be talking about a tax bill of €63 million.
This sum would then need to be added to the €95 million in other payments – registration rights, friendlies, hidden commission and the €50 million paid to N&N – made to sign the Brazilian. This gives us a new total of €158 million, and that's before adding any payments that would need to be made to the funds that held 45% of the player's commercial rights: DIS (40%) and Teisa (5%).

rafael_huhlwjn0.gif

Barzul

James Olley ‏@JamesOlley 4m
One other #afc line: Flamini is in fact only banned for three matches, not four as first thought. Will miss Palace (h), Liv (a), Man U (h).

Koko

Banned
Tonight's team: Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Rose, Lennon, Bentaleb, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Eriksen, Adebayor

Thank Jesus no 442. None of our injured players made it :(

Is Lamela at least on the bench? Or he isn't fit yet?

Anyways #FreeLamela

Barzul

There are players who are first choice team players, and then there are players who are happy to be squad players who barely play. You can't just get rid of your squad players, buy in a bunch of new first choice team players and expect your current first choice team players to sit on the bench and be happy, it doesn't work like that. They'll fight for a starting spot for a while but then just like Mata they'll get fed up and leave.
Not sure what you're on about, even with the quality of our midfield, everyone gets a good chance at game time. Draxler and Walcott will play enough games to keep them happy. If what you were saying was true, how do teams like City/Real Madrid/Bayern manage to keep their players happy?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Take note, Boycie. I just want to see us turn up.

Well he's picked the most sensible team he could. 3 in the middle, Ade up front and Gylfi instead of Chadli. This is the best we can do with our injuries.

I just hope the players do the basics right, let's make City work for it this time. I can handle losing but I can't take just letting them win. That's what we did in the 6-0.

Clegg

Miguel Delaney says United are still hopeful of signing a midfielder before the close of the window. Suggests that the player may be Fernando of Porto. But all our main targets will now be left until summer.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Miguel Delaney says United are still hopeful of signing a midfielder before the close of the window. But all our main targets will now be left until summer.

Hmm, panic buys are not advisable but not sure we have much option

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
There are reports in Brazil that Juventus have requested ex-Milan striker Alexandre Pato from Corinthians.

According to Uol Esporte, Juve directors have already been in contact with Corinthians to take The Duck on loan until the end of the season.

Pato left Milan in January 2013 after suffering from a series of injury problems and has to a certain degree rediscovered his form in Brazil, scoring 10 goals in 27 games.

Still only 24, Pato first arrived at Milan in 2007.

Loan? Sure, why not! As long as it's not Osvaldo!

Arnie

Just dawned on me again that we beat Everton four nil last night.

Fuck.

Got to go and pick up a velvet, blue jacket so will miss the first half of Spurs but to be honest I hope City poo on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom