• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are Arsenal trying to sign Draxler, yet another AM for over 30m when they already have Özil, Cazorla, Walcott, Gnabry, Podolski, Oxlade-Chamberlain and at a push when they need to Wilshere and Rosicky who can play there.

If they buy Draxler then he's either going to rot on the bench or if he plays then either Cazorla or Walcott are going to be left out, get pissed off and want to leave, not to mention Oxlade-Chamberlain and Gnabry's development will be significantly stifled to the point at least one of them will have to leave as well.

In other news can't wait for United to sign Kroos, he's like german version of Tom Cleverley but with talent.
Don't worry about what we do.

pulga

Banned
But Bale, lots of money, world-record. But Illara

Bale

Illara

"Gareth Bale's price tag shows a lack of respect to the world’s situation"

/

iLSJsPUbNdrqs.png

EmiPrime

Why are Arsenal trying to sign Draxler, yet another AM for over 30m when they already have Özil, Cazorla, Walcott, Gnabry, Podolski, Oxlade-Chamberlain and at a push when they need to Wilshere and Rosicky who can play there.

If they buy Draxler then he's either going to rot on the bench or if he plays then either Cazorla or Walcott are going to be left out, get pissed off and want to leave, not to mention Oxlade-Chamberlain and Gnabry's development will be significantly stifled to the point at least one of them will have to leave as well.

In other news can't wait for United to sign Kroos, he's like german version of Tom Cleverley but with talent.

Henry and the dutch skunk were both wingers before Wenger signed them.

If Arsenal are in for Draxler it's because Wenger thinks he can mould him into a 30 goal a season striker.

Clegg

Oh yeah I know, non-starter :lol. I just don't like the faint implication that only the very best is good enough when we're happy to play Cleverley
He'd be something like £10m. Not a bad price, but it would only really be a stop gap. I've read that he'd be better suited as an AM tho. No way he'd ever play there with Rooney, Kagawa and Mata all in front of him in the pecking order. So while he may be a decent cm, we'd be better off saving that money for someone who's really good in the summer.

Draxler just won't move this winter.

I'm rather sure his release clause is only active in summer, so we'd look in a price ABOVE the release clause, so above €45m. Arsenal isn't even willing to pay the release clause. So why would the blue plague sell?

We bought a winger for our reserve team that's more famous for stealing a prostitute's purse and then fighting her transsexual friend than for his football skills and some guy named Shikabala for the main team.
Don't if he is any good but that's a fantastic name.

Suen

I'm rather sure his release clause is only active in summer, so we'd look in a price ABOVE the release clause, so above €45m. Arsenal isn't even willing to pay the release clause. So why would the blue plague sell?
Why go for Draxler anyway when we're getting Reus

Jarnet87

Moyes been trying to motivate the current squad by signing Mata and promising new blood will come and the dead wood will be let go. Shame Our midfielders are just shit and no amount of motivation is going to make them better.

Sky Germany says we're looking to sign a CM (basically Gündogan is gone/completely fucked) that can also play on the wing/CAM.

In the meantime, rumors coming from Serbia that Milos Jojic will sign for us, who looks like would be a perfect fit for the description.

Meier

Schalke would be absolutely insane to sell Draxler. They're in 5th but only 2 points behind Gladbach -- if they sell him, they're effectively waving the white flag and giving up on going for Champions League qualification.

I'm not sure what their money situation is now, but unless he sells for whatever the difference in revenue is from Champions League to Europa League (and he obviously won't), then they'd be utterly insane to sell him now. Can't see it making fiscal sense let alone sporting sense.

wedward

Schalke would be absolutely insane to sell Draxler. They're in 5th but only 2 points behind Gladbach -- if they sell him, they're effectively waving the white flag and giving up on going for Champions League qualification.

I'm not sure what their money situation is now, but unless he sells for whatever the difference in revenue is from Champions League to Europa League (and he obviously won't), then they'd be utterly insane to sell him now. Can't see it making fiscal sense let alone sporting sense.

When you are locked in a small conference room with Dicky Law for multiple hours, everything begins to make sense.

omgkitty

Sky Germany says we're looking to sign a CM (basically Gündogan is gone/completely fucked) that can also play on the wing/CAM.

In the meantime, rumors coming from Serbia that Milos Jojic will sign for us, who looks like would be a perfect fit for the description.

According to wikipedia, he's already signed for you!

Miloš Jojić (Serbian Cyrillic: Милош Јојић; born 19 March 1992) is a Serbian footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder for Bundesliga club Borusija Dortmund.

Barzul

It's never that straightforward. Especially when you're broke like Schalke seem to be. What guarantee is there that they get the RC in the summer? None.

doicare

Because Rosicky is 33, Walcott tore his ACL and Gnabry is still very young.
So Walcott is never going to play again and Gnabry is never going to be old enough to play and instead be pushed to 4th or 5th choice winger? Seems all very short sighted to me.
How will Chamberlains, Gnarby or Theo's development be stifled when they all play on the right and Draxler on the left?
Chamberlain plays on both wings but ignoring that do you think either Cazorla or Draxler will be happy to sit on the bench?
Not to mention Ox is being moved to CM.
Do you think he'll get a game in CM with Ramsey, Wilshere, Arteta and Flamini ahead of him?
And rumors say Wenger wants to turn Draxler into a CF, I personally don't buy it but we will see.
The only way this deal makes sense is if Wenger tries to convert him into a CF, but i don't think he has the qualities to make a world class CF.

Barzul

So Walcott is never going to play again and Gnabry is never going to be old enough to play and instead be pushed to 4th or 5th choice winger? Seems all very short sighted to me.

Uh we're trying to win the league here. A forward that is injured for 6 months isn't going to help us do that. Was Chelsea signing Matic shortsighted when they have a dearth of midfielders shortsighted? After all they've got Van Ginkel.

According to wikipedia, he's already signed for you!

Great, according to the Wikipedia edit I just did, Messi, CR7 and Pogba will join in summer! Get excited!

It's never that straightforward. Especially when you're broke like Schalke seem to be. What guarantee is there that they get the RC in the summer? None.

Gündogan has a fucked up back and the clubs are still desperate to sign him. A young German talent, will give you good money no matter what.

doicare

Uh we're trying to win the league here. A forward that is injured for 6 months isn't going to help us do that. Was Chelsea signing Matic shortsighted when they have a dearth of midfielders shortsighted? After all they've got Van Ginkel.
Sure it's bad having a winger out for 6 months but what happens when he comes back from injury? There's going to be too many players for too few positions and somebody will have to go. Chelsea bought in Matic and sold Essien keeping the numbers the same.

Barzul

Sure it's bad having a winger out for 6 months but what happens when he comes back from injury? There's going to be too many players for too few positions and somebody will have to go. Chelsea bought in Matic and sold Essien keeping the numbers the same.

We won't have too many players. This summer we'll be losing Bendtner and Park Chu Young. Draxler takes one of their squad spots. When Walcott comes back from injury, he fights for his place.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That's only 1m less than what they paid for him.

What happened to him anyway? He's played 8 games for them in the league. Is he just not good?

He got a serious ankle injury in September, he's struggled since then. He started one league game under Sherwood, which was against United, and his passing accuracy was 55%. He looked great before his injury but we had so many injuries that we threw him back in before he was fully fit and out of position, he's struggled. Bentaleb is probably better than him.

omgkitty

He's a young player who's very versatile that can play through both the middle and out left. There have already been articles written that have looked at his stats in depth to prove that he does have the skills to become a striker and that he's much more clinical in front of goal, not to mention his dribbling skills. For the next 5 months, we're already missing several players for the next month, and Walcott is out until next season. I'm almost positive Wenger does see him as a striker in the future, and having him now as backup to other positions wouldn't hurt.

wedward

Chamberlain plays on both wings but ignoring that do you think either Cazorla or Draxler will be happy to sit on the bench?

Do you think he'll get a game in CM with Ramsey, Wilshere, Arteta and Flamini ahead of him?

The only way this deal makes sense is if Wenger tries to convert him into a CF, but i don't think he has the qualities to make a world class CF.

Name me a single game where Ox has played on the left for more than 10 minutes.

I think Ox will get time in mid yes. Ramsey is out for at least 3 more weeks. Jack is constantly hurt. Arteta has another two seasons at the most.

Good chance Ox starts in the midfield on Sunday.

omgkitty

Name me a single game where Ox has played on the left for more than 10 minutes.

I think Ox will get time in mid yes. Ramsey is out for at least 3 more weeks. Jack is constantly hurt. Arteta has another two seasons at the most.

I do it all the time in FIFA :D

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Cant believe im rooting for City :| needs must I spose

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tonight's team: Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Rose, Lennon, Bentaleb, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Eriksen, Adebayor

Thank Jesus no 442. None of our injured players made it :(

Neuer, Rafinha, Dante, Boateng, Alaba; Kroos, Lahm; Thiago, Shaqiri, Götze; Müller

Ulreich, Sakai, Schwaab, Rüdiger, Rausch, Harnik, Leitner, Khedira, Werner, Ibisevic, Abdellaoue

Mandzukic on the bench again :lol Why not just sell him instantly?

Also, in Khedira we trust. Do it!

Elchele

They don't need Draxler, to be honest. Meyer is much more talented CAM, and Farfán is a better winger than Draxler. Draxler is a nice add-on for them, but far from being vital.

Neuer, Rafinha, Dante, Boateng, Alaba; Kroos, Lahm; Thiago, Shaqiri, Götze; Müller

Ulreich, Sakai, Schwaab, Rüdiger, Rausch, Harnik, Leitner, Khedira, Werner, Ibisevic, Abdellaoue

Mandzukic on the bench again :lol Why not just sell him instantly?

Also, in Khedira we trust. Do it!

It's Stuttgart, they will lose like 0-5
I remember when Khedira started crying because a rival player injured him in the WC U17

wedward

Man City made made £47m selling "intellectual property" to "third parties" or "related parties.

What a fucking joke.

To put that all in context, MCFC commercial revenue in 2013 is £9m less than MUFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom