• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
WAIT

Didn't Quiche pay £160 for this game?

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

salah didn't make the bench. ;_;

NOOOOOOOO KEITH

Feorax

A result against WBA this weekend puts us right back up there in the mix. We won't win the league of course, but I'd rather be a bit behind that pack than barely ahead of the group chasing 4th.

RaikuHebi

Banned
So what did Eto'o do?

The referee told the keeper to restart the game, but it wasn't a free kick. The keeper made it out as if it was a free kick/goal kick and turned back to take a run up. Eto'o realised the ref hadn't whistled and ran and smacked the ball in.

Would've been harsh to West Ham they defended well, but the ref has made a mistake, goal should've stood.

Feorax

@Ceri23_LFC: #Fernando Refused to renew contract with #Porto he will be leaving in June on a free transfer if they don't let him go now. [GoncaloLopes]

@_GoncaloLopes: Fernando has choose this specific club. But Porto still trying other deals. But Fernando won't change his mind. #mcfc #Mufc #lfc

Could be interesting tomorrow. Maybe this is what Pellegrini means?

Meier

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfLc8c0CEAAajyA.jpg:large[IMG]

I dunno what hurts Spurs fan the most, the scoreline or the celebration.[/QUOTE]

Just came to post this. I chuckled when he did it but this is absolutely brilliant from the City web team. What a twist of the knife. :lol

Sane_Man

A result against WBA this weekend puts us right back up there in the mix. We won't win the league of course, but I'd rather be a bit behind that pack than barely ahead of the group chasing 4th.

I still find the fact that Spurs have a -1 goal difference and us +29 and they're still only 3 points behind us a bit disheartening. Doesn't seem right.

Adrian set the ball down to take a goal kick and turned around to walk back towards his goal and Eto'o just ran up and kicked it in. I was only half paying attention so I'm not sure if it was truly a situation where a goal kick was appropriate or not.

You mean free kick, except the ref didn't give a free kick. So what happened was, the keeper drops the ball during active play and lets Eto'o tap it in.

Ref has no idea what he is doing or what was going on at that point, gave some imaginary free kick.

Splatt

So no chance he could be the next Gündogan? Gündogan mainly played CAM before joining us, too. I must admit I don't see the point in signing him if he can't play a decent CM/DM. With Leitner coming back and Hofmann playing a bigger role this season, what's the point?

I really can't see him as a CM/DM, as he is now. IMO, he lacks both vision and discipline for the position.

Maybe, if he trains hard and Klopp does his magic, maybe he can be used there next season.

I've heard you bought him cheap, I'm also guessing his wages are piss poor, so if he doesn't pan out, it's not really a loss.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
BfLc8c0CEAAajyA.jpg:large

I dunno what hurts Spurs fan the most, the scoreline or the celebration.

Neither of those things hurt me. These kinds of defeats are the easiest to take.

Some water boy scoring on a deflection just makes me laugh.

dc89

Could be interesting tomorrow. Maybe this is what Pellegrini means?

If he wants money and titles, he'll go to Man City
If he wants playing time and he'll come to us or Man Utd

Only chance we have of getting him is to convince him that our position at the moment is not a flash in the pan. That will be difficult.

dc89

What did Pellegrini say?

He was getting linked to United earlier so they could be likely.

He was asked about if City are gonna do anything in the transfer market before it closes. He just smiled a sly smile and mumbled something like "maybe tomorrow, we have a few days we will see."

Sane_Man

When he was asked about transfers, he said something like "maybe tomorrow".

He was asked about if City are gonna do anything in the transfer market before it closes. He just smiled a sly smile and mumbled something like "maybe tomorrow, we have a few days we will see."

Cheers. Would like him at Liverpool but if it's between us, City and Man Utd we'd be the outsiders. We appeared to be in for him a few weeks back along with M'Villa but it died down when Salah came up. If Reges chooses City/Utd I hope we'll try for M'Villa.

Meier

Gonçalo Lopes @_GoncaloLopes
Fernando has chosen Manchester City!

We'll see. I don't think we've been linked to him at all publicly so whether or not he wants to come here now or in July or even at all doesn't necessarily mean much. It'll be curious to see what happens if we do sign him. Javi Garcia has actually played really well since Manuel finally began to play him as a DM so I don't think he'd necessarily be sold until the summer if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom