• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Ozil's in that team LOL

How anyone can pick a team of the year without Vidal just has to be woefully ill informed about the sport.

o yer, fifa

pulga

Banned
Ozil's in that team LOL

How anyone can pick a team of the year without Vidal just has to be woefully ill informed about the sport.

o yer, fifa

its ye fucking uncouth eurocunts innit

CUHDKj4.png

or maybe..
not FFs fault atleast, 1% aint shit
VmnFkns.png

then again....

Zzl5zP7.png

smiling_moon2.png

looololololololool vote 632k times, NO PLAYERS FROM TEAM

Meier

Is this quote real? Manuel with the hot fire.

"The sending-off was not the thing that changed the game, the game was over and completed from the beginning for our team."

wee-bey-oh-shit.gif

Scum

"The sending-off was not the thing that changed the game, the game was over and completed from the beginning for our team."

wee-bey-oh-shit.gif

As if 5 goals wasn't enough. y u do dis enginear? :<

Yen

Well, Killer Joe was rather unpleasant. Maybe "worse" than Funny Games.

That's quite arrogant. Mourinho-esque

Meier

That's quite arrogant. Mourinho-esque
Hah, well the apparent full quote puts it in a little more context.

Manuel Pellegrini: "I don't think it was a big decision because before the red card we missed at least five clear chances to score in the first half.
"If we review the first 45 minutes I don't remember just one chance for Tottenham, I think our team was the best team from the beginning.
"If you ask me it was a clear penalty and a clear red card because he was the last man.

wedward

wee-bey-oh-shit.gif

He is managing a squad that cost a half billion dollars to build. It's been over for a while.

HAHAHAHAHA

just read the Jose quotes.

Jose pls.

As if Chelsea are going to do something different from West Ham's "wall" tactics against Man City.

Plus has already forgotten about the extremely boring and negative tactics he used to get a draw against Arsenal in December..

Jose is a bum

Interesting find -- this is prior to Rose getting a touch on the ball. Clear contact with the back leg which I guess explains Dzeko's inability to get the shot off quicker (which I found surprising). Looks like he's pushing into his back as well which would of course be a foul in and of itself).

1ZfB189.jpg

Not a push in the back. He put his hand on Dzeko's arm. I saw it on the replay when I go home. It was never a penalty. Shame that lino had to ruin the game. We would probably have still lost, but then we had no chance of getting anything once the ref made that decision.

edit: and Pellegrini's turning into a right bell

Meier

Not a push in the back. He put his hand on Dzeko's arm. I saw it on the replay when I go home. It was never a penalty. Shame that lino had to ruin the game. We would probably have still lost, but then we had no chance of getting anything once the ref made that decision.

edit: and Pellegrini's turning into a right bell
So the fact he's clipped his back leg and tripped him up before he touches the ball is not a foul? Not sure I agree.

Pellegrini is pretty funny with his reactions to calls that are somewhat questionable or debatable at least. He's just like nope. Right call. Doesn't offer any platitude with his answer. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Z-jg8A9yA -- This is a pretty good quality video. You can see Dzeko is literally flying sideways before Rose's foot comes in contact with the ball, and the slow-mo replay after shows he's pulled him down by his arm as well. There are two clear fouls before he's even come in contact with the ball. Clear pen and clear red as a foul on the last man. End of story.

So the fact he's clipped his back leg and tripped him up before he touches the ball is not a foul? Not sure I agree.

Pellegrini is pretty funny with his reactions to calls that are somewhat questionable or debatable at least. He's just like nope. Right call. Doesn't offer any platitude with his answer. :lol

Don't think he trips him before he got the ball though. I'm sure Dzeko felt a bit of contact was a good enough reason to go down, but just because you touch someone doesn't mean it's automatically foul.

edit: I said he puts his hand on his arm but I don't think he pulls him down. And anyway I you can't even see anything from that angle because it's obscured by his body.

He's literally flying sideways before Danny Rose gets the ball is he?

yW5qY0Al.jpg

Can't deal with the hyperbole right now mate I'm going to bed

Well played by the way. I don't expect many teams to take points from City between now and the end of the season.

Meier

Can't deal with the hyperbole right now mate I'm going to bed

Well played by the way. I don't expect many teams to take points from City between now and the end of the season.

I think it's just the isometric view that made it look that way but at the roughly 1.25 second mark, it certainly looks like Dzeko is going sideways (left, towards the camera) prior to the ball being poked away. I think based on the gif I've made below that the ball is just obstructed from view from that angle.

But anyhow, I've made a gif of the video in that slowmo/25% speed and you can clearly see Rose is pulling down on Dzeko's arm and using this motion as leverage (a foul, surely) and that his right thigh clips the back of Dzeko's calf which causes him to trip. There is no additional step beyond the clip or anything. All of this has happened prior to the ball being touched.

iGp1COjYEaTcc.gif

I thought he was a bit hard done at the time but this makes it pretty painfully clear that it was the right decision. We were fortunate that HT happened when it did though since you guys were coming alive. This was obviously the deciding moment, but not an incorrect one.

GHG

Tottenham are fucking useless.

Mourinho pls save us.

Knowing him he'll probably deliberately lose against them if he knows it means Arsenal go back to the top...

Lightning

Banned
Tottenham are fucking useless.

Mourinho pls save us.

Knowing him he'll probably deliberately lose against them if he knows it means Arsenal go back to the top...
Mourinho doesn't like Pellegrini anymore than he doesn't like us. He won't do that.

I think Chelsea have a great chance to get something from that game.

Did you actually expect a result from Spurs? I loved every minute of their demolition today. It was beautiful and always remember the words of Roy Keane "Tottenham will let you down most of the time" don't expect results from them.

Nyx

German defender Andreas Wolf from AS Monaco arrives in Utrecht today for a medical, if he passes that he will sign a 1.5 year contract at the club.

See that he's had a lot of injuries in the past few years, sounds like a typical Utrecht player lol.

Utrecht also wants Nacer Barazite from Monaco but the price is too high atm.

HAHAHAHAHA

just read the Jose quotes.

Jose pls.

As if Chelsea are going to do something different from West Ham's "wall" tactics against Man City.

Plus has already forgotten about the extremely boring and negative tactics he used to get a draw against Arsenal in December..

Jose is a bum

seem to be forgetting we stamped city good the last time we played them, frankly I am not scared bring it I say city are hardly invincible.

I have to give full credit to West Ham though was some magnificent defending they did I was amazed all throughout the 2nd half

bjaelke

Spanish Primera División is the Strongest National League of the World for the fourth time in a row
The English Premier League returns at his ancient position in 2011, moving off Brazilian Série A. His five best clubs are classified in the Club World Ranking in the top-26. It made that the difference between Primera División and Premier League was very close: The best English clubs got a better performance for continental competitions (524 points) than Spanish (469 points), but strongly they failed in the FA Cup (72 points), meanwhile La Copa del Rey semifinals were played by the four strongest Spanish teams (144 points).
Seems like a weird success criteria to me.
German Bundesliga was third again, thanks to FC Bayern München, brilliant winner of the Club World Ranking.
fuXEjpd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom