• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
NOW WE ARE TALKING BABY

Mirko is gud, don't worry. We're not sending him away because he's bad, we're sending him away because he's too good (and expensive) for a bench role.
Then why come to Arsenal? A bench role is all he can hope for with us as well replacing Giroud with Wenger's great 90th minute subs that serve no purpose whatsoever. Playing the occasional game when Giroud is rested.

Viviano joined on loan and I've never seen him play for us yet.

Zabojnik

Then why come to Arsenal? A bench role is all he can hope for with us as well replacing Giroud with Wenger's great 90th minute subs that serve no purpose whatsoever. Playing the occasional game when Giroud is rested.

Viviano joined on loan and I've never seen him play for us yet.

I'm pretty sure he'd rather join Inter than Arsenal, for this very reason. Although maybe he fancies playing in a different league, the whole experience, and would be fine with a marginal role.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

maybe he's there to replace Cazorla/Walcott? He can play quite well there.

and Sviat is right, Giroud isn't much better tbh.

FootballFan

Meier pls stop

you have to embrace the ovrebo moments.

club legend

ballack-gif.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Haha, our Konoplyanka hijack is real. Sherwood admitted we have people working on it.

I don't think we'll pinch him this time but you never know.

Lightning

Banned
Lightning makes it sounds like Giroud is significantly better than Vucinic. He's not. At all.
In Wenger's mind he will be. Giroud is set in Arsenal's way, Vucinic is coming on loan, he's clearly cover and will not be replacing Giroud.

Viviano is a better goalkeeper than Fabianski but you may notice that Viviano doesn't play. Even when we had Benayoun on loan and he was playing excellent football Wenger was playing Arshavin who at the time was playing very poorly. Based on Wenger's history if Vucinic comes he's on the bench only used when absolutely necessary, it's what Wengre does with loans.

In Wenger's mind he will be. Giroud is set in Arsenal's way, Vucinic is coming on loan, he's clearly cover and will not be replacing Giroud.

Viviano is a better goalkeeper than Fabianski but you may notice that Viviano doesn't play. Even when we had Benayoun on loan and he was playing excellent football Wenger was playing Arshavin who at the time was playing very poorly. Based on Wenger's history if Vucinic comes he's on the bench only used when absolutely necessary, it's what Wengre does with loans.

Do you think it would be any different if Arsenal have a buy option on the loan?

Plasma

Banned
Bloody Juve are trying to stitch us up with this clown who cannot help us.

Eh I wouldn't say no to getting him in on loan till the end of the season, will be a bit annoyed if we sign him permanently though there are better and younger players out there that we could spend money on.

Mastadon

Banned
Haha, our Konoplyanka hijack is real. Sherwood admitted we have people working on it.

I don't think we'll pinch him this time but you never know.

I'm less worried than I was last year about you taking our targets, as I don't think Spurs represent a more attractive option than Liverpool at the moment from a footballing perspective. Who knows, could happen.

Seems like a bit of a weird one for Spurs though, you've got an absolute wealth of wide players. I would have thought a striker would have been the priority.

Lightning

Banned
Eh I wouldn't say no to getting him in on loan till the end of the season, will be a bit annoyed if we sign him permanently though there are better and younger players out there that we could spend money on.
Meh to this loan deal. I wish we would get Draxler and call it a day in this window. Midfielders we have enough and just have to made do for now with the injuries. For strikers Draxler, Cazorla, Giroud, Gnabry. Podolski, Bendtner should be able to get us enough so just get Draxler for me.

Do you think it would be any different if Arsenal have a buy option on the loan?
No. Because it would be absolute madness to even consider buying this guy.

sohois

I'm less worried than I was last year about you taking our targets, as I don't think Spurs represent a more attractive option than Liverpool at the moment from a footballing perspective. Who knows, could happen.

Seems like a bit of a weird one for Spurs though, you've got an absolute wealth of wide players. I would have thought a striker would have been the priority.

Even if they didn't particularly need him it makes sense for them just to try and disrupt Liverpool's dealings since it can affect the top 4 race.

You're making the assumption that Konoplyanka will get to choose. If Liverpool are going to be cheap then they could just get outbid...again.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

We have two real wingers (Lennon and Townsend) and lots of players who get shuffled out wide bu prefer to play in the middle (Gylfi, Lamela etc).

We could use Konoplyanka for sure, there are times when you just can't get away with playing Sigurdsson on the left.

Feorax

Seeing some strong rumours we have people trying to work on a last minute bid for M'vila as well.

Not sure how true it is. If we could somehow get him and Kono, which is unlikely, it would be a hell of a turnaround for us this window.

sohois

Seeing some strong rumours we have people trying to work on a last minute bid for M'vila as well.

Not sure how true it is. If we could somehow get him and Kono, which is unlikely, it would be a hell of a turnaround for us this window.

Now that smacks as a bit of a panic buy. If Liverpool wanted M'Vila why not make a move for him earlier.

Feorax

Now that smacks as a bit of a panic buy. If Liverpool wanted M'Vila why not make a move for him earlier.

Some are suggesting we've moved a couple of our targets forward from the summer as a result of missing out on Salah.

I agree though. If we really wanted M'vila, it's the type of buy that should have been a priority at the beginning of this window.

Plasma

Banned
Meh to this loan deal. I wish we would get Draxler and call it a day in this window. Midfielders we have enough and just have to made do for now with the injuries. For strikers Draxler, Cazorla, Giroud, Gnabry. Podolski, Bendtner should be able to get us enough so just get Draxler for me.

Cazorla and Gnabry can't play upfront and Draxler won't be converted into a striker over night. Podolski doesn't play that well as the lone striker in our formation so the only player pushing Giroud for a first team place is Bendtner who will never get ahead of him.

If we got Vucinic in on a short term deal we'd have good cover and Giroud will have to work hard to keep his first team place.

Lightning

Banned
Cazorla and Gnabry can't play upfront and Draxler won't be converted into a striker over night. Podolski doesn't play that well as the lone striker in our formation so the only player pushing Giroud for a first team place is Bendtner who will never get ahead of him.

If we got Vucinic in on a short term deal we'd have good cover and Giroud will have to work hard to keep his first team place.
Vucinic new league, new players, new system and only 6mths where every match is important. If we wanted that we should have gone for someone in the pl. This player is getting on in years and I can't see any contribution he will bring.

By the way, Mirko was our first choice striker before his injury.

Yes, ahead of Llorente!
And if I recall you as a result struggled for goals.

Mastadon

Banned
Stay strong moyesesboyses

@DuckerTheTimes: #mufc still trying to get someone else in - more likely they won't than will as things stand at present but can't totally rule it out

Arnie

Spurs are a hopeless destination for an aspiring player, this much is known.

Managed by a dunce, no world class players in their squad and zero hope of silverware.

If Kono chooses them then he isn't doing it for footballing reasons and as such I'd say we've dodged a proverbial bullet.

Even if we do sign Kono, something needs to be done regarding our ability to compete in the market. It's jeapordising the (exemplary) work we're doing on the training field.

Jack cw

pulling off something like this in the 93rd minute is some straight captain tsubasa shit *bow*
I was really impressed by Thiago. After Kroos failed to actually get one pass through Stuttgarts defence, Thiago claimed every ball and was basically Xavi 2.0 on the pitch. If he continues to play like this, he makes Schweinsteiger pretty obsolete at this point.
tumblr_m0lc0fibgV1qfwpns.gif

Blablurn

I was really impressed by Thiago. After Kroos failed to actually get one pass through Stuttgarts defence, Thiago claimed every ball and was basically Xavi 2.0 on the pitch. If he continues to play like this, he makes Schweinsteiger pretty obsolete at this point.
tumblr_m0lc0fibgV1qfwpns.gif

Schweinsteiger takes Kroos' place (lol)

I can't believe Kroos acted like a cranky baby yesterday. What was he thinking. I don't think you will see a lot of love from Pep after pulling off something like this. Wouldnt be surprised if hes on the bench on sunday.

Jack cw

I can't believe Kroos acted like a cranky baby yesterday. What was he thinking. I don't think you will see a lot of love from Pep after pulling off something like this. Wouldnt be surprised if hes on the bench on sunday.

I guess he was just not happy about his own performance and he was pretty bad yesterday. The game opened up when Pizzaro came in and Thiago was the only CAM on Bayerns side. I think he needs a rest, as he played every match under Pep. I'm thrilled to see what happens when Schweini, Martinez, Robben and Ribery come back...
LOL I love that sound of this... Last season we would have been FUCKED if those 4 were out at the same time. This season its not even a flesh wound.

Blablurn

I guess he was just not happy about his own performance and he was pretty bad yesterday. The game opened up when Pizzaro came in and Thiago was the only CAM on Bayerns side. I think he needs a rest, as he played every match under Pep. I'm thrilled to see what happens when Schweini, Martinez, Robben and Ribery come back...
LOL I love that sound of this... Last season we would have been FUCKED if those 4 were out at the same time. This season its not even a flesh wound.

Yeah, it's awesome!!! Just like Reif said yesterday: Some years ago everybody would have been shocked if Ribery and Robben didnt play. Now it's not even worth to talk about. I still hope they will be ready for the Arsenal matches. Shaqiri was pretty bad yesterday :/

Jack cw

Yeah, it's awesome!!! Just like Reif said yesterday: Some years ago everybody would have been shocked if Ribery and Robben didnt play. Now it's not even worth to talk about. I still hope they will be ready for the Arsenal matches. Shaqiri was pretty bad yesterday :/

Yeah, Robben and Ribery are still important as they are mostly the bottle openers. And Shaq isnt bad he was bad yesterday because he didnt help in defence and left Alaba alone against Harnik and Khedira. Rafinha couldnt handle Werner, so yeah our wings and full backs were useless yesterday, thats way Stuttgart had so many chances in the first place.

bjaelke

The Bundesliga (DFL) CEO Christian Seifert revealed some strong financials on Tuesday. For the ninth time in a row, the top German league's turnover had risen to 2.17 billion euros while twelve of its eighteen clubs had amassed a surplus in 2012/13. (Before taxes and amortisation, 17 out of the 18 clubs were profitable.)

But there was a sobering statistic, too. The English Premier League, Seifert explained, was receiving as much money for their TV rights in Singapore -- a country of five million people -- as the DFL did in all territories combined outside Germany: 75 million euros.
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/bundesliga/id/474?cc=5739

jesalr

Managed by a dunce, no world class players in their squad and zero hope of silverware.

If Kono chooses them then he isn't doing it for footballing reasons and as such I'd say we've dodged a proverbial bullet.

Even if we do sign Kono, something needs to be done regarding our ability to compete in the market. It's jeapordising the (exemplary) work we're doing on the training field.

9e3debb8059e2aa175e7c56d45ad1e0cbfb45709_full.jpg

Walshy

I think the owners are aware of the huge pressure on them to make a major signing in this window, especially after missing out on Salah.

Spurs probably only have the fact that they are based in London as leverage over us at this moment in time. On purely footballing terms, we are three points ahead of them and beat them 5-0 at their own ground in December.

We have stability as well with a manager that is going to be here for the long-term whilst I can't see Sherwood staying past his contract and they are looking to sell at least half of the players they've brought in in the past year. It's not like the players Spurs have taken from us lately have gone on to be superstars. Sigurðsson often warms the bench, they are looking to sell Holtby and Eriksen hasn't shown the form that justifies the hype he came with from Ajax.

Welcome back by the way.

Jack cw

Well, fuck. That makes Bayern's success all the more impressive.

Well, yes because Hoeness was clever with all the money Bayern earned and we had some really big investors too, with Audi, Adidas and Allianz. But it's true regardless of Bayern, that Bundesliga lacks considerably to other leagues when promoting them to other countries.

Another thing. Klopp pls.
2,w=658,c=0.bild.jpg

Ich nicht mal gar Deutsch hier geschrieben du dusch tüte!

Und er das sagen als Bayer!

/tot

Didn't Vucinic play as a lone-striker in the latter part of last season and do well? Considering we want a stop-gap, I don't see how there can be any complaints. The only other options would be Berbatov (33) and Klose (35).

Whatever happens, we need Ozil do be doing more of this:

i9ha4qCXdZzEu.gif

He was brilliant in that 2nd half. Arsene said on Eurosport that Ozil always feels compelled to play for the team and should be abit more of an individual at times. He could do anything he wants in this league, just needs to be willing to take on that extra bit of responsibility the way Ramsey and Wilshere often do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom