• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

fifa-game-12-11-10-09-08-covers-history-wikipedia-94-96-97-online-profile-fhm_2000.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The hate on Draxler around here...wow. Did he pull a Ballack on you guys?

Great talent, solid player already. Wouldn't pay 40m for him though.

Really poor stats for an attacking midfielder

reminds of me that bald guy who plays for Barcelona.

Jack cw

It's difficult to tell. Everyone looks like shit at Schalke.

Neuer certainly didnt, as well as Holtby who went to early or Rakitic or Farfan. The Hunter isnt so bad either. Schalke might be bad, but out of all key players Draxler is the most inconsistent. Sometimes world class, often 6th division class.

Jack cw

Rakitic, Farfan and Holtby never really seemed that great to me either. Hunter is great, but he's had too many injuries to tell. Draxler is still inconsistent, but I wouldn't rate him that low. Müller has absolutely absymal days as well. I think Draxler shows an incredible amount of potential, but he obviously needs the right environment to develop it.

I'm not convinced. Müller dedcides (big) games often with his performance though he can be sluggish but has proven himself in Bundesliga, CL and internationals. Farfan might the best winger in Bundesliga after Ribery and Robben for years now. Draxler could explode in a better team or could simply end as another german talent that never made it.

For the new page...

Heynckes on...

Ribery: "Ribery became a big player in the last two years. But it wasn't always like that. He is a footballer from the streets. He needs the feeling of being protected. The feeling that u spend time with him. But sometimes he also needs his boundaries."

Heynckes talks about an argument between Ribery and Robben during the 2012 Madrid game where they fought over a simple free kick: "Riberys dispute with Robben was unbelievable. They were fighting over a simple freekick. Afterwards I took care about the situation and told them that I decide who does the freekicks. They respected my opionion"

Riberys music: "I had big problems to cope with the music Ribery was listening to. But I appreciated the music other players listened."

I think we all know what he means by Ribery's music.

Baki

I'm not convinced. Müller dedcides (big) games often with his performance though he can be sluggish but has proven himself in Bundesliga, CL and internationals. Farfan might the best winger in Bundesliga after Ribery and Robben for years now. Draxler could explode in a better team or could simply end as another german talent that never made it.

Which is why its ridiculous to pay for £30m for him. Even £25m is generous. And people keep talking about his value skyrocketing after the world cup. But it would never go above £35m. Mata went to United for £37m for fucks sake.

Carbonox

Taarabt: "It's a dream come true to be at Milan, and I hope to have many great moments here"

Taarabt a year ago: "Milan are going through a less glorious period today and are no longer among the world's top clubs. But making it big at Milan would open the doors of really big clubs like Real Madrid or Barcelona to me."

pls (on various levels)

absolute boss! I'll try this one day :p

Ben Arfa and Taarabt should hook up some time. Both are as delirious as the other. "hip pip dip ballon d'or i can win" "i can totally play for the best and biggest teams in the world cos stone cold said so"

Jarnet87

Slow day of transfer rumors again. Where are the United linked to every available CM reports. Guess it's just the smaller clubs working out business now.

Wilbur

Banned
Just been reading Feb's FourFourTwo, apparently Pep asked Rummage for a meeting just before he went to New York. Stabbing Jupp in the back months before.

Blablurn

he's right though.

It led them to winning everything and that led to PussyPep.

Even the Bayern bosses said it. Our bench was weak in 2012. Let's not forget that we did not only lose in the CL but also big time in the Bundesliga. We had a great starting 11 but that was it. After Chelsea 2012 Bayern bought more players to add some strength to the roster. Mandzu, Shaq, Martinez etc.

It was not nice to lose against The Blues but winning the triple in 2013 made up for it. And yes, we got Pep. Suck it haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom