• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
Yeah, he had about as many caps for the Ivory Coast as he did first team league games for us. :lol Still just 21 though. I was surprised Abdi Ibrahim didn't move to a PL team as there was apparently a lot of interest. He signed for Olympiakos since Yaya is his hero and they helped launch Yaya's career (alongside Metalist).
Hopefully he'll show his potential for West Ham. Promising talent is always enjoyable to watch.

Sorry Arsenal fans, cocks back in.

@ESPNFC: "I'm very convinced Draxler will be playing for us in the Rueckrunde [second half of the season]" - Schalke sporting director Horst Heldt.
That's surprising, thought Wenger would secure him before the summer, as it might get difficult to acquire him then.

Wilbur

Banned
Why sell Hernandez and buy another striker? Surely powell, lingard and a few other youngsters can fill in.

Jones, evans, smalling and 1 more CB shud be enough for CB positions.

Like I said, I didn't account for implementing youth; I guess I just meant we need 8/9 more first team squad members, regardless of where they come from. Henriquez and Powell are good shouts for a back up striker, but Rooney and RVP are getting on (and potentially not hanging around), I don't think Hernandez is good enough to start (and especially when he can't create anything for himself) so there'll e a big divide between youth and older players like in the rest of our squad.

Considering Rio and Vidic are going it'd be nice to have one class CB and one younger one. Promoting Keane would be cool.

He might not be keen on him but he's still admitted in the past he'd be a decent squad player. Now that he's back I wonder if he'll get near the first team with Zaha away on loan.

Fulham are apparently looking for Cole as well as Tunnicliffe. Pereira is another who could maybe make it as well as Vermijl who could cover RB.

Yeah, Vermijl looks alright, and Varela came in last summer as well.

Tunnicliffe won't make it, should sell him really.

bjaelke

@ESPNFC: "I'm very convinced Draxler will be playing for us in the Rueckrunde [second half of the season]" - Schalke sporting director Horst Heldt.

Joe Kinnear: “I will not let any player leave Newcastle United in this [January] transfer window.”

FootballFan

Here's next years Madrid kit. Looks nice:

Real+Madrid+14-15+Home+Kit+(1).jpg

Wow holy shit at that red stripe they added on the side.

soo good

kharma45

Like I said, I didn't account for implementing youth.

Jose pls.

Like I said, I didn't account for implementing youth; I guess I just meant we need 8/9 more first team squad members, regardless of where they come from. Henriquez and Powell are good shouts for a back up striker, but Rooney and RVP are getting on (and potentially not hanging around), I don't think Hernandez is good enough to start (and especially when he can't create anything for himself) so there'll e a big divide between youth and older players like in the rest of our squad.

Considering Rio and Vidic are going it'd be nice to have one class CB and one younger one. Promoting Keane would be cool.

Yeah, Vermijl looks alright, and Varela came in last summer as well.

Tunnicliffe won't make it, should sell him really.

Varela has had some family matters that have affected him recently and iirc he's back home now, or has tried to go back.

Tunnicliffe will be gone in the summer, he hasn't the ability to even be a squad player.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Schalke GM on Draxler: "I'm sure he will stay here until summer. Arsenal delegation? I had a peek out of my office, no one was there."

EH?

phaze

I'm kinda ok with this. We're pretty stocked in his preferred position and his performances so far this season did little to justify the fee that was being thrown around. We should just throw Cazorla on the right, Poldi on the left and pray for the best. We simply won't be able to get a decent striker this winter.

Clegg

Whats up with Davice Petrucci? he just another hyped youngster whose got no chance of succeeding at United.
He was a talented kid who missed the guts of two years because of knee injuries

22 now and isn't anywhere near the first team. He'll be gone soon too. Shame because he was rather good before his injury.

pulga

Banned
someone stop me im arguing with nintendo fanboys in a wii u thread

its like trying to teach felipe how to have proper taste

omgkitty

Last night on Twitter a few people were talking and what they said made some sense. Obviously something is going on with Draxler and Arsenal. Whether it's as big a deal as the media is making, I'm not sure, but something is happening. What if Schalke keep saying nothing is happening because it makes them look better? If we end up signing Draxler, then whatever. It happened and they'll have lots of money. If it doesn't happen, even if we were in talks for him, Schalke kept denying this, so it makes them look good and that they had resolve to keep Arsenal away from him. What I'm saying is it's in Schalke's favor to deny the transfer talk. Of course this is all just conjecture and could be complete bullshit, but it makes sense.

pulga

Banned

Wilbur

Banned
Jose pls.

:lol, you should check Michael Cox's twitter timeline for the last day. He had the nerve to suggest Mourinho isn't too good at utilising youth both homegrown and bought (using Balotelli and Santon's struggles at Inter, Mikel's regression and Varane's price tag and already high quality), and was roundly jumped upon by people who kept moving the goalposts and making different arguments.

There was a good one where Coxxy said Fergie, Pep and Wenger advocate youth promotion and someone said "well lol at Wenger he doesn't win anything, you don't have the time and risk to use youth at big clubs" and then Cox said what about the other two and they replied "Guardiola was in a two team league"

I don't even

Meier

Isn't that his Instagram/nickname handle?

Surely there must be more behind it than that? Was it a long-time thing? It just seems so goofy to have it on his jersey. How do you even say it?! Is the w silent?

Chelsea might get Zouma for €15m. Bastards..

:lol, you should check Michael Cox's twitter timeline for the last day. He had the nerve to suggest Mourinho isn't too good at utilising youth both homegrown and bought (using Balotelli and Santon's struggles at Inter, Mikel's regression and Varane's price tag and already high quality), and was roundly jumped upon by people who kept moving the goalposts and making different arguments.

There was a good one where Coxxy said Fergie, Pep and Wenger advocate youth promotion and someone said "well lol at Wenger he doesn't win anything, you don't have the time and risk to use youth at big clubs" and then Cox said what about the other two and they replied "Guardiola was in a two team league"

I don't even
can't argue against that.

pulga

Banned
I have enough common sense to know that if Im in the fast food business, I wont suddenly turn around and try to peddle gym memberships to my consumers.

Funny, since McDonalds actively changed there business-model to include McCafe, which turned out as a big a huge success. Who thought that people actually wanna stay in a fast-food restaurant to drink coffee and relax. Especially since fast-food-restaurant were for some time specific designed, so that costumers don't wanna stay there.

sometimes im reminded why ive made this footy cesspit my home.

Fergie

Banned
Surely there must be more behind it than that? Was it a long-time thing? It just seems so goofy to have it on his jersey. How do you even say it?! Is the w silent?

Chelsea might get Zouma for €15m. Bastards..
Probably just a nickname, just like Hulk.

Wilbur

Banned
Pulga fuck you just made me dribble vimto everywhere with that insult, please

God I'm pissy about Hernanes. Let me retreat into my cum cave and cry

Mastadon

Banned
Seems Jack Robinson has been back at Melwood in the last couple of days. Maybe we're recalling him?

Interesting. He's done quite well at Blackpool. Needs to work of his passing and crossing, but defensively he's very sound. Wouldn't hurt to have him back in the squad competing for places.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
pulg, I don't know why you even bother
KuGsj.gif

I don't even

I love him

wait, what team does he support again?!

Wilbur

Banned
£15m sounds like a lot, too much in my opinion.
I have to be honest though, rarely saw him play since he left Rennes.

Think it's odd anyone would be trying to outright but him at the moment, considering his wages and his attitude problems. Loan to see if Brendan the Redeemer can sort him out seems best.

£15m sounds like a lot, too much in my opinion.
I have to be honest though, rarely saw him play since he left Rennes.

I don't have a clue what the price would be tbh. £12m was the last rumour I heard at the beginning of January

@Wilbs, I think Rubin want him off the books altogether. A loan would be vastly preferable for us though

Fuck Llorente.

His shitness cost me the league in FM14. Scored 2 goals all year. I ended up losing the title to Napoli by 2 points in a 1-1 draw to them on the last day of the season.

Ended up selling llorente to Napoli for 17 million which helped him fuel my summer transfer spree.

But Sassuolo delayed the co-ownership hearings and wanted 15 million for Berardi

Mastadon

Banned
Ah well

@BenSmithBBC: @AG19LFC I am told #LFC won't be signing Yann M'Vila in January. Ian Ayre in Ukraine dealing with Konoplyanka deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom