• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Ah well

@BenSmithBBC: @AG19LFC I am told #LFC won't be signing Yann M'Vila in January. Ian Ayre in Ukraine dealing with Konoplyanka deal

I'll take it. Moving Coutinho deeper helped a lot on Tuesday, and Coutinho-Hendo-Gerrard could be enough to take us through until Allen and Hendo are back.

Gambit

pls they're going into some health business lunacy

they keep justifying it brining up investors and stock and nintendos bottom line

but i dont give a fuck about if some japanese dipshit is making 2 million or 1 million

I WANT GAMES PLS IDIOTA PLS

You have to concede it was an investor's meeting. Of course, it is aimed at investors. "Stocks and nintendos bottom line" are all that it was about. Not about assuring console owners they'll get better support.

The meeting did fuck all for Wii U owners, obviously. I am looking at the same software drought as before the meeting. Frankly, the Wii U is over. It's dead and won't ever come back.

faridmon

traore-6647727.jpg

Welcome!

faridmon

Also

Everton have released their financial results for the 2012/13 season.

The figures reveal that the club's turnover increased by 7.3 per cent to £86.4million and that the operating profit before player trading was £700,000 compared to a £6.4m loss in the previous 12 months.

Profit on player sales increased to £15.6m from £14.1m in 2011/12, and there was a £10.7m swing in net profit from a £9.1m loss to a £1.6m profit.

Chairman Bill Kenwright, speaking in the Annual Report and Accounts, said: "Each year, when I sit down to carry out my review of the previous year, I focus on whether our club is in a better position than it was a year ago.

"And while we have undoubtedly gone through a period of change, the answer can only be a resounding yes.

"On and off the field we continue to push forward on every front, led by the values and ethos that infuse every person and every aspect of the club's life."

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS we don't need to sell players in order to sustain our finances.

Thank god most of the highest earners are gone. Next year, we should compete better!

Also

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS we don't need to sell players in order to sustain our finances.

Thank god most of the highest earners are gone. Next year, we should compete better!

Good position to be in when you consider the 2013-14 accounts will include the Fellaini sale + the new, more lucrative, television deal, so should again make them profitable.

pulga

Banned
You have to concede it was an investor's meeting. Of course, it is aimed at investors. "Stocks and nintendos bottom line" are all that it was about. Not about assuring console owners they'll get better support.

The meeting did fuck all for Wii U owners, obviously. I am looking at the same software drought as before the meeting. Frankly, the Wii U is over. It's dead and won't ever come back.

I understand that, I just wanted to get a discussion going on about how this QoL bs is supposed to help the software side of things. But you're right, enjoy the Smash and Bayonetta and put the WiiU to rest.

faridmon

Good position to be in when you consider the 2013-14 accounts will include the Fellaini sale + the new, more lucrative, television deal, so should again make them profitable.

Indeed. Now the more hopeful part is Kenworth to actually invest in the club. We cannot take on those powerful clubs that spend money like crazy, but we can build a stable and an upright squad that might be sneak into the CL in the next few years.

But that is a big If, lets see whats up.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We're trying to get Nani on loan?

Please no. I want hard working players not divas like him.

omgkitty

Well fuck.

Schalke sporting director Horst Heldt is "convinced" Julian Draxler will disappoint Arsenal and stay with the Bundesliga club at least for the rest of the season.

Arsene Wenger admitted his club are "active" in the transfer market and are confident of landing Draxler before the transfer window closes on Friday.

However, despite the English press claiming that a deal has already been struck, reports in Germany suggest that Schalke do not want to sell the Germany international in the winter.

And Heldt has since told a news conference in Gelsenkirchen on Thursday afternoon that Draxler is not going anywhere for the time being, while adding that the player is content to remain at the club.

"We are happy to have such a world class player in our lines. I am very convinced that Draxler will be playing for us in the Rueckrunde [second half of the season] but most probably beyond that," he said. "We are not interested in letting Julian leave, and he has also not approached us about a transfer."

On reports of an Arsenal delegation heading to Gelsenkirchen to negotiate a deal, he added: "I checked my office if someone was waiting for me, but nobody was there. Of course, there are always other clubs interested in him, and should someone make a serious offer for him, then we as a club have to professionally consider that. That does not only apply to Julian Draxler, but to every other player."

There has also been talk of a £37 million release clause in Draxler's contract, however, Heldt insisted that Schalke have the power to demand as much as they like for the player.

"That agreement was only in place for last year, from now on the transfer fee is up for negotiation," he said.

Heldt's words follow on from Schalke media director Thomas Spiegel telling ESPN late on Wednesday that there is no sign of an agreement being struck with Arsenal.

"Our position remains unchanged," he said. "There is nothing Horst Heldt has to be concerned with."

Spiegel referred to a statement made by Heldt on Sunday, in which he did not rule out the possibility that a deal could happen, but underlined the hypothetical nature of his statement by adding that he could also "not rule out signing Cristiano Ronaldo".

Meier

Sam Cunningham ‏@samcunningham
Mauricio Pochettino just inadvertently announced that Fulham have signed Lewis Holtby from Tottenham. #thfc #ffc

This guy writes for the Mail apparently.

Depends on his current form really... and from what I can remember, he's going to have trouble ajusting to the championship.

He's been out of contract since November and barely played in Brazil.. I honestly wouldn't have expected he'd get an offer for a Championship level team tbh. Would have expected somewhere in continental Europe in a smaller league (Sweden or something like that) at best.

bjaelke

Reports are abound that Tottenham midfielder Lewis Holtby is set to sign for Fulham.

And the source of the news looks to be Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino, who has inadvertently revealed the news in his weekly press conference at St Mary's.

The German had been linked with a move back to the Bundesliga, but he is now in advanced talks with the Cottagers, who would have to pay a fee of around £5million for the midfielder.

More to follow.
yvcwItR.gif

Mastadon

Banned
Dnipro have been placed under a transfer embargo by the Ukrainian FA. They can still sell players, but aren't able to bring new ones in. Could be a massive blow to the transfer if they were intending to replace Konoplyaka.

Carbonox

Holtby to Fulham? :lol What a career dive for him.

Shit I would have taken him at Newcastle. Him playing behind De Jong could have been OK, surely? D:

Dnipro have been placed under a transfer embargo by the Ukrainian FA. They can still sell players, but aren't able to bring new ones in. Could be a massive blow to the transfer if they were intending to replace Konoplyaka.

Fuck.

Jesus, the beginning of this Broken Age quick look is awkward

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I hope it's only a loan for Lewis, for his sake. You don't want to be stuck at Fulham if they get relegated.

He's the sort of player they need though, hard working and versatile.

Do you still hate Bayern because of 2012?

Allow me to shoulderbarge my way into this conversation, but they knew from as early as February/March that they might have to finish third as Chelsea were still in the CL. You'd have to be an idiot to assume that any team in the quarters is incapable of winning it.

iirc they turned to shit when the Redknapp/England rumours started, and ballsed up their chance of finishing third.

Sviat, konoplya is weed in russian/ukrainian as well, right?
We'e talked about it before, but yes, that's what it means.

Not a big deal, this shit happens in Russia/Ukraine all the time. It will be lifted before the transfer window is over.

Stulaw

West Ham need another defender,

So, Sam Allardyce signs another midfielder (Razak), (apparently) hoping to also sign a winger (Gradel). Seriously, what's his obsession?

Wes

venison crêpe
I think Holtby's girlfriend just moved to London and they got a place together recently so it makes some kind of sense he may want to stay around in the interim. I would imagine he has a clause in place to leave in the summer if they are relegated if it's not a loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom