• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Good goal. Jones the creator! I think that was maybe going in without Chicha poaching it but better safe than sorry.

Hixx

I hate players who stop playing when a decision isn't given. Even if it is the wrong decision you're letting the offender get on with it unopposed.

Clegg

CL qualification is gone now. We're Europa bound if we get to the Capital One final though. City are obv going to finish top 4 so that leaves the EL spot open for the runner up.

I don't think the lack of authority alone is a sufficient explanation for United's bad performance.

Edit:
United not going down without a fight? Too late, too little.

They look like they lack tactical discipline and and it doesn't look like whatever Moyes says/changes at half time makes a difference from what I have seen of them.

Hixx

CL qualification is gone now. We're Europa bound if we get to the Capital One final though. City are obv going to finish top 4 so that leaves the EL spot open for the runner up.

Nope. It will go to 6th in the league. Only FA Cup runner up works like that.

Superman

Chicharito has been fantastic since coming on. Why wouldn't Moyes start with someone with such a decent record against Chelsea?!

K1LLER7

Not really what we need.

Chicha done well since he's come on. Back on the bench next week.

Suen

Allergies used it a couple of times as our "emergency" formation, when we were chasing the game and need a goal. Balo is the lone striker, with Kaka/Honda/Robinho behind him. Pazzo would also be great in that role.

In the few instances when we tried the formation, we played very well. It makes total sense given our squad; Monto/De Jong is actually a pretty damn solid midfield pair (ie. no Muntari or Nocerino), and it gives space to our attackers, which are the best part of our squad. El Shaarawy should easily slot into the LW position in this formation, whereas under Allegri he never really had a spot locked down. It also accommodates our new signings of this season, Honda and Kaka.

Basically, this formation plays up our strength, which is the attack. Allegri never realized this is our best formation after 3.5 years . . . it took Seedorf 3.5 training sessions.
This is very interesting and Honda and Kaka are very decent players to have behind Balo. Not only are they going to be providing him the balls but they are dangerous in front of goal as well. Honda did some crazy stuff (though just a little since he didn't play much) against your game in Sassuolo. I haven't seen Shawarma in like forever....is he injured? Or am I watching games where he doesn't play :lol. Hope he gets to play much more....I find it really strange that Allegri didn't use him more once Balotelli was brought in.

pulga

Banned
Chicharito has been fantastic since coming on. Why wouldn't Moyes start with someone with such a decent record against Chelsea?!

MMD_191159_moyes_esta_empezando_a_hundirse_con_el_manchester_united.jpg

Danchi

Man Utd need to panic buy, or they're gonna miss out on CL. Cabaye for example could be available at the right price.

I'm pretty sure they are in a better position than Arsenal this time last year (same number of points, but Arsenal were an extra point outside the top four).

I mean, both Utd and Moyes have historically done better in the latter third of the season. I still think it will be a close call for the top four with them there until the end.

I agree they should be looking to invest, but it's only under specific circumstances clubs sell in January (or you overpay to a Fernando Torres or Andy Carroll extent). They need to be looking at Spain really where a number of clubs are always looking to sell (still think Ever Banega would be a good fit).

This is very interesting and Honda and Kaka are very decent players to have behind Balo. Not only are they going to be providing him the balls but they are dangerous in front of goal as well. Honda did some crazy stuff (though just a little since he didn't play much) against your game in Sassuolo. I haven't seen Shawarma in like forever....is he injured? Or am I watching games where he doesn't play :lol. Hope he gets to play much more....I find it really strange that Allegri didn't use him more once Balotelli was brought in.

El Sha has just been injured. Really unlucky this year.

I think the plan has been to sell him off, we'll see if Seedorf asks B&G to let him stay. Like I said, he should be perfect for our new formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom