• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

If that is true than this sport is in more trouble than anyone thought possible.

His release clause is set at €50m I believe. Rumor is we've offered £34.5m which would be €42m right now. Thiago Silva went for €42m so this would either equal or surpass it (if it's €43m) as the most expensive deal ever for a defender which is of course completely silly. He's a great young talent, but that is way more than we should be spending on him especially with Nastasic already in the squad. Yes, he's played below last year but perpetual injuries and lack of consistent playing time aren't helping him get back to last year's form.

If we did bid that much, I hope we get Fernando in the deal too. The two of them for that would be far more palatable to me.

Slizz

Just didn't work out. I'd like him to go and play elsewhere, yeah. But he's to blame as well, not like he hasn't had some good chances and hasn't taken advantage of them.

Its annoying cause hes clearly well liked by players. I still think he's good.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ib13up1HBlqaNe.gif

OH BABY

the superior Selena Gomez

Wilbur

Banned
Its annoying cause hes clearly well liked by players. I still think he's good.

So do I, but I'm a little perplexed that he has such a small influence when shifted ten yards to the left. That can't just be on United's problems, he doesn't grab a game by the scruff of the neck and do something about it.

If you're buying from Porto, they're cleaning you out.

The one hard and fast rule in the world of football transfers.

Don't even bother enquiring unless you're willing to spend a shitload.

Meier

They really are good at closing out deals. Don't mess around.

Supposedly signed a young guy from Hajduk (Mario Pasalic) today as well.

http://i.minus.com/i6bv7LW7eTa3W.gif[IMG]

Summer from the OC, Rachel Bilson, my av, main-waifu, etc.[/QUOTE]

She is so damn hot. I can't believe that show she's on is still airing. Dixie something or other? Is that what this gif is from? She doesn't age.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Andros Townsend... the fuck

Our business is done, good business too.

wedward

His release clause is set at €50m I believe. Rumor is we've offered £34.5m which would be €42m right now. Thiago Silva went for €42m so this would either equal or surpass it (if it's €43m) as the most expensive deal ever for a defender which is of course completely silly. He's a great young talent, but that is way more than we should be spending on him especially with Nastasic already in the squad. Yes, he's played below last year but perpetual injuries and lack of consistent playing time aren't helping him get back to last year's form.

If we did bid that much, I hope we get Fernando in the deal too. The two of them for that would be far more palatable to me.

I should hope so. Spending that amount of money is obscene.

pappe

So do I, but I'm a little perplexed that he has such a small influence when shifted ten yards to the left. That can't just be on United's problems, he doesn't grab a game by the scruff of the neck and do something about it.

Its true he has not done well. But he hasn't had a decent run in the main playing 11. He has always played when either RVP and Rooney have been injured. He deserved to be given a run of 10-15 games to really get to know his style and ability. Which never happened.

Meier

This from the Mail:

City have been tracking Mangala, 22, for some time knowing the buyout clause in the Frenchman’s contract is £37.8m. Porto value Fernando, 26, at £7m even though the defensive midfielder from Brazil will be a free agent in the summer.

However, it is understood that a joint figure of £35m could be agreed if City are prepared to do business before Friday's deadline.

I'd be pretty okay with getting both for that price.

Chelsea are really good at transfer deals. Sold Mata & DeBruyne for 53m, sign Salah, Matic and Zouma for 44m.

Do you have any issues with me framing this? I highly doubt it will ever be said again, haha. (Unless you're being sarcastic)

Also, we got rid of Essien for free, pretty sure all 3 new players are on less combined than Essien was.

Walshy

Have Liverpool signed somebody yet?
No, but the signing of Yevhen Konoplyanka from FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk for £16m will probably go through tomorrow baring Ian Ayre does not fuck anything up.

There has been rumours that Dave Fallows, our head of recruitment for the club is in Spain to have talks with Rubin Kazan over Yann M'Vila. That one is probably a lot less likely though.

Barzul

Do you have any issues with me framing this? I highly doubt it will ever be said again, haha. (Unless you're being sarcastic)

Also, we got rid of Essien for free, pretty sure all 3 new players are on less combined than Essien was.

I can admit when a club does well in the transfer market.

Elchele

According to the guys in Transfermarkt, Boateng has a clause in his contract that guarantees him to play CAM or another offensive position and NOT CM.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

classic Schalke

Meier

Who is Otamendi? Moyes wants him according to Goal. And Duncan Castles wrote the article.

He is Mangala's partner at CB at Porto. Can't imagine they'd sell both on transfer day. Otamendi is Argentine.. probably will cost half what Mangala does. Good but not great as he struggles to get into the Argentina setup sometimes despite their typically poor defense.

Porto also has Maicon and a young Mexican named Diego Reyes who is a DM but could possibly move to CB if they got rid of one or both of Mangala and Otamendi.

Elchele

You simply don't buy CBs from Argentina, they all suck.

Argentine CBs are basically english players.

Porto also has Maicon and a young Mexican named Diego Reyes who is a DM but could possibly move to CB if they got rid of one or both of Mangala and Otamendi.

Diego Reyes played as CB in México, he's pretty good.

wedward

Telegraph are reporting that Wenger is holding up the deal because he thinks 37 is too much. Board want to do the deal.

Reporting our other options as Tello, Klose and Morata on loan.

For fucks sake Wenger. This should be an easy decision. It isn't your goddamn money. You will get your 8.5 a year no matter what happens.

Telegraph are reporting that Wenger is holding up the deal because he thinks 37 is too much. Board want to do the deal.

For fucks sake Wenger. This should be an easy decision. It isn't your goddamn money. You will get your 8.5 a year no matter what happens.

It's his transfer budget though.

Wilbur

Banned

Unless he gets assurances it isn't coming out of his summer transfer budget, then by all means he has every right to oppose it

Baki

Why not Draxler and Tello/Moratta on loan. Personally I'd be happy with two loan signings (Tello & Morata)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom