• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

Unless he gets assurances it isn't coming out of his summer transfer budget, then by all means he has every right to oppose it

Well to be fair, the Puma money is going to be available to us in the summer, so that's at least 25m or so right there, plus I'd say we have about 50 or 60m right now for transfers. In the summer I'd assume we'll need a RB, a CB (maybe 2 if Vermaelen leaves) and a striker. If I'm being crazy, I'd say another DM and LW as well, but we all know Arsene doesn't like to have all his positions covered properly. I think we could buy Draxler now, and with the potential of Podolski and Vermaelen leaving, have plenty of money to do what we need to.

Looks like United are serious about Otamendi

Gonçalo Lopes ‏@_GoncaloLopes 1m
FC Porto have a offer from #mufc for Otamendi. At this point they didn't decided. It will depend on Mangala too. Porto will only let one go.

Gonçalo Lopes ‏@_GoncaloLopes 59s
#mufc offer still lower than what they want. Otamendi has russian clubs interested. They pay better

wedward

Well to be fair, the Puma money is going to be available to us in the summer, so that's at least 25m or so right there, plus I'd say we have about 50 or 60m right now for transfers. In the summer I'd assume we'll need a RB, a CB (maybe 2 if Vermaelen leaves) and a striker. If I'm being crazy, I'd say another DM and LW as well, but we all know Arsene doesn't like to have all his positions covered properly. I think we could buy Draxler now, and with the potential of Podolski and Vermaelen leaving, have plenty of money to do what we need to.

Emirates money in the summer as well.

K1LLER7

BfQ0mWxCUAABIdn.jpg

I don't want Otamendi.

I bet Moyes didn't want Garay cos that was Fergie's dude and now he's gone out and found his own "alternative".

Woodward pls, do your thing, this can't happen.

Looks like United are serious about Otamendi

Gonçalo Lopes ‏@_GoncaloLopes 1m
FC Porto have a offer from #mufc for Otamendi. At this point they didn't decided. It will depend on Mangala too. Porto will only let one go.

Gonçalo Lopes ‏@_GoncaloLopes 59s
#mufc offer still lower than what they want. Otamendi has russian clubs interested. They pay better

NO NO NO pls don't Gazprom.

Yen

No, but the signing of Yevhen Konoplyanka from FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk for £16m will probably go through tomorrow baring Ian Ayre does not fuck anything up.

There has been rumours that Dave Fallows, our head of recruitment for the club is in Spain to have talks with Rubin Kazan over Yann M'Vila. That one is probably a lot less likely though.

I thought it was the other way about.
I would still be surprised if Konoplyanka joined. Too used to our negotiating incompetency.

rodvik

I guess Wes Hoolahan really would like to join Villa then....

Excellent

"Wes Hoolahan faces being fined by Norwich after launching a foul-mouthed attack on the club.

The Republic of Ireland midfielder had a transfer request rejected by the Canaries after they had earlier turned down a fresh, albeit identical, £1million bid for the player by their ex-boss Paul Lambert and Aston Villa.

A television crew at the club’s Colney training ground then jokingly asked Hoolahan: “Are you going to be clearing your locker out?”

But they and other watching journalists were shocked when the 31-year-old replied: “I hope so. This is a fucking shithouse club.”

Manager Chris Hughton said : “I’m not aware of that, so it’s something I will have to investigate.

"

Wilbur

Banned
I guess Wes Hoolahan really would like to join Villa then....

Excellent

"Wes Hoolahan faces being fined by Norwich after launching a foul-mouthed attack on the club.

The Republic of Ireland midfielder had a transfer request rejected by the Canaries after they had earlier turned down a fresh, albeit identical, £1million bid for the player by their ex-boss Paul Lambert and Aston Villa.

A television crew at the club’s Colney training ground then jokingly asked Hoolahan: “Are you going to be clearing your locker out?”

But they and other watching journalists were shocked when the 31-year-old replied: “I hope so. This is a fucking shithouse club.”

Manager Chris Hughton said : “I’m not aware of that, so it’s something I will have to investigate.

"

LMAO

Clegg

God dammit. We blew our load on Mata. We could have bid for Mangala if hadn't spent 37m on Mata.
We could probably afford both if we had the mind to overpay by at least £15m for Mangala. Mata, unlike Mangala, is actually worth the huge price tag.

dc89

Signing Willy Caballero

Harty lad seems to have got over his wobbles.

Isco has been disappointing this season. Another player Madrid ruined :p

What did I say back in July or whenever it was, that Isco BOTTLED it. He goofed, he should have come to City and then go on to Madrid if that was his dream club.

IS THAT THE LINESMAN?

MEIER PLS

I think it's the ref for the Barca tie. :D

Wilbur

Banned
Thats the way you engineer a move. No messing around, no "unsettled" bollocks, just straight for the jugular. I like it.

Would be a good signing in more ways than just his quality; experienced, knows Lambert... If you can get it done, could help out.

£37m for Mangala is too much, for us. We can't compete with that.

I would like to see us go for Inigo Martinez.

That would be excellent. I fear he's destined for Barca.

Meier

We could probably afford both if we had the mind to overpay by at least £15m for Mangala. Mata, unlike Mangala, is actually worth the huge price tag.
If his price ends up being £28m, I'd be pretty happy with that. Less than Rio cost you guys and he has already played in the Champions League.

Elchele

Can you imagine if Heynckes had stayed for another season?

----------------- Neuer
Lahm ---- Boateng ---- Dante ----- Alaba
-------- Javi ---------- Schweinsteiger ----
Müller -------- Isco ---------- Ribéry
----------------- Lewa -----------------

HNNNNG

dc89

How serious is his injury?

I actually don't know. I guess it will come out in the pre-match press conference in a few days time.

£37m for Mangala is too much, for us. We can't compete with that.

I would like to see us go for Inigo Martinez.

Inigo - I always sign him on FIFA :lol He's brilliant.

he cheated on his wife

I'd rather smooch Suarez

Yurt pls. Have you smooched Tevez yet?!

K1LLER7

Can you imagine if Heynckes had stayed for another season?

----------------- Neuer
Lahm ---- Boateng ---- Dante ----- Alaba
-------- Javi ---------- Schweinsteiger ----
Müller -------- Isco ---------- Ribéry
----------------- Lewa -----------------

HNNNNG

No need for Kroos. Moyes pls.

rodvik

I never knew that I liked Wes Hoolahan.

Me either. Villa legend already and he hasnt even signed :)

Would be a good signing in more ways than just his quality; experienced, knows Lambert... If you can get it done, could help out.

Maybe. To be honest we need at least two quality midfielders this window to be comfortable imho. But knowing Lerner we will roll the dice again.

He's right about Norwich. Abandon ship before it sinks. Poor Gary Hooper.

Agreed, lots of rumours is a pretty poorly run club behind the scenes. Why Lennon would even consider going there is beyond me.

LegoArmo

Jonny Evans is better than Mangala....

I agree, but then again, I think Jonny Evans is one of the best centre backs in the world, so it's not like Mangala is bad.

Agreed, lots of rumours is a pretty poorly run club behind the scenes. Why Lennon would even consider going there is beyond me.

Would be very short sighted, like Hooper. I can understand if he leaves Celtic, but he should go to a club with more... hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom