• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It looks like Chadli may be going to Swansea on loan.

That would leave us with Lennon, Townsend, Lamela, Sigurdsson and Eriksen as attacking midfielders. I don't think that will be enough given we are still in the Europa League.

FuturusX

BREAKING: A private jet from Porto is due to land at Manchester airport shortly. (via @amckeeganMEN) #MUFC #MCFC

get hype

The Glazers sold off superfluous assets - private jets included - to service the debt they riddled on the club. So it's clearly City :p

Wilbur

Banned
I primarily follow FC Girondins de Bordeaux, ever since I was a kid.

However, other teams I follow closely:

- Juve (still sad I never got a chance to watch them play against Lazio or Roma when I was living in Rome)
- Standard de Liège (this year is gonna be our year)
- Ipswich Town (not far from the play-off spots, but I don't think we're gonna make it)

this is the day my mother warned me about as a child

judgement day

january 31st 2014 when a race of intelligent cyborgs named the four team cunts would rise up against humanity and end the world as we know it

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
this is the day my mother warned me about as a child

judgement day

january 31st 2014 when a race of intelligent cyborgs named the four team cunts would rise up against humanity and end the world as we know it

unlike Suen though, he picked the right teams. :p

And not all of them are big teams or even play in major leagues.

Pizza is legit leave him alone
3AQmK.gif

Meier

3AQmK.gif

Yurt is easily swayed.

Cocks back in, City fans. The Mail posted this 40 mins ago:
City swoop for Fernando and Mangala set to collapse over 'unreasonable valuation' (there goes my plane graphic hopes from 14.55)
Sportsmail's Simon Jones reports: 'Mangala and Fernando move to City looks off due to Porto's 'unreasonable valuation'. As a result Lescott likely to stay. Enquiries being fielded for Rodwell.

Hixx

@TomCStandard 3m
No better example of wealth gap between PL and Serie A than this: Osvaldo takes pay CUT to leave So'ton and join Juve.

e5YuU.gif

@TomCStandard 3m
No better example of wealth gap between PL and Serie A than this: Osvaldo takes pay CUT to leave So'ton and join Juve.

e5YuU.gif

Of course he did, he wants to get out of there and he won't be so important to Juve as for them to have little leverage in convincing him to take a wage cut. It would be more surprising to me if he was getting paid more.

Jarnet87

I remember tons of United fans wanting Jack Rodwell. Serves him right going to City. Enjoy mid table football for the rest of your career Jackie.

L1NETT

Wilbz calm. Nowt wrong with following multiple teams. Same way me or you would "follow" a Yank football team.

Pretending to be a proper supporter though that's where the friction bubbles.

But shrug, different strokes for different folks.

---

Come on Parky sign a left back. At least the loan market is open for a while.

Jake Yapp's 90 second bit on Take Me Out from Weekly Wipe is fucking gold. Gold. Horrid little program.

Walshy

The closer it gets to 11, the more doubts I get about Liverpool actually finalising the deal for Konoplyanka before the deadline.

The pessimism is kicking in, could be our version of the Herrera deal last summer.

I remember tons of United fans wanting Jack Rodwell. Serves him right going to City. Enjoy mid table football for the rest of your career Jackie.

tbf to City, Rodwell just hasn't progressed at all, and is probably actually worse now than he was 3 years ago. Down to himself, overhype and injuries more than City.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@TomCStandard 3m

e5YuU.gif

lol

PL fans are so insecure I swear.

he took a paycut because 1) we had leverage 2) he's coming here to sit on our bench.

but yeah, Italy can't compete with England's inflated salaries.

TeddyBoy

The closer it gets to 11, the more doubts I get about Liverpool actually finalising the deal for Konoplyanka before the deadline.

The pessimism is kicking in, could be our version of the Herrera deal last summer.

We're actually talking to Kono's agents though. There is plenty of time yet before the end of the window.

Wilbur

Banned
What's worse? Being a four team cunt or being fan of one cunt team?

You're probably better qualified to answer this than me 🌝

My bad then, OP says Arsenal, Monaco, Parma and Real Madrid. Must be an error

Monaco was the stupid bandwagon thing when they came into some money :lol, isn't everyone a Monaco fan?!

3AQmK.gif

Haha it's not Pulga levels of cuntitude, this is true

Wilbur

Banned
FUCKING YESSSSSS

I'm playing Top Spin 4. Wimbledon quarter final against Murray, who I can never beat EVER.

Lose the first two sets 1-6, 2-6, and I'm down 3-5 in the third. Match point for Murray, I win the point. Another match point, I win the point and then the game. End up winning the third set 7-5.

And then 6-1. And then 6-3. Game took me 91 minutes.

I'm so fucking happy. Pls. Feel this for me.

Meier

City actually have given him a ton of chances he's just been perpetually injured. While fit, I can't really recall any long periods of time where he hasn't played. I don't really know what's going to happen with him long term even if he moves to another club.

looooooooooooooooooooooool meier but what about the two retired referees that were wrong

They were wrong. It's not uncommon for plays to be reviewed and mistakes to still be made. Public opinion weighs on these types of decisions.

Wilbur

Banned
Zabo and Yurt - surely Hixx was knocking the PL instead of Juve?

Official: Khal Drogo has passed his medical. It was just a flesh wound.

http://blogdailyherald.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Mama-like.gif[/IM][/QUOTE]

Think it's an odd move, don't you? Not sure why Conte would want someone who has a proclivity for acting like a massive cunt. Good player, but you're hardly lacking strikers.

[quote="El Idiota, post: 99099479"]You beat Andy Murray, that's nice enough for me. Congratulations.[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't believe how difficult he is on this game; I was looking up tips to beat him and everyone's saying he's so difficult to beat, the hardest in the game. I'm stoked.

Wilbur

Banned
They were wrong. It's not uncommon for plays to be reviewed and mistakes to still be made. Public opinion weighs on these types of decisions.

You're genuinely the only person I've seen on this forum and across twitter and media sits saying that they were wrong. This is mental :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Armero is terrible. Or rather in shit form.

Think it's an odd move, don't you? Not sure why Conte would want someone who has a proclivity for acting like a massive cunt. Good player, but you're hardly lacking strikers.

Very. But if he's coming to replace one of Mirko or Quag, then I'm all for it. We don't have a proper vice-Llorente, and it showed against Roma in the Coppa Italia game. Giovinco and Quag was just an awful fucking pairing.

Mirko is useless coming off the bench, and I don't see him ever starting for us again unless we have a couple of injury problems.

Meier

You're genuinely the only person I've seen on this forum and across twitter and media sits saying that they were wrong. This is mental :lol

I genuinely don't know how someone could watch this (http://i.minus.com/iGp1COjYEaTcc.gif) and not say that he's fouled him twice prior to getting a touch. Pulling him down by his arm (foul) and clips the back of his calf with his thigh which causes him to tumble. It's water under the bridge though. I'd rather Spurs be full strength to hold off you guys!

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Rose red card appeal was successful. Congrats Spurs.
Shows the limits of using TV technology when ruling on contact, whether for attackers going over, or defenders making attempted tackles. For me he caught his trailing foot way before he got near the ball, but on TV the analysts typically only look for obvious points of collision, rather than perhaps more subtle ones that can be harder to see.

Need something like the hotspot system that they use in cricket. lol.

L1NETT

I responded reasonably to Derrick and got an opinion dressed as fact in return. Why didn't one of you cunts stop me?

Rule of thumb. Any thread on gaming side about any PS4 exclusive quickly divulges into a migraine inducing shit fest. Console Warz in full flow with nothing concrete to talk about. If there's one thing I respect the Giantbomb lot for (and not the 3 hour snoozefest of a podcast) it's that they couldn't give a shit about any of that.

--

That fulham bloke, sure hope he likes playing in the Championship. He is so pivotal in the rest of the season. Gotta hope he's a a Michu and not an Alfonso Alves.

Walshy

Could still be bollocks, doesn't seem to be a particularly strong source. James Pearce is just quoting some random dude with 1k followers.
It's all very confusing though.

Apparently it's the president whos annoyed at how we are structuring the payment. They want £16m up front, we are trying to play hardball again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom