• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about it, Suthampton have done incredibly well considering the lack of goals from Osvaldo and Lambert this season

edit: ffs. New month resolution, stop double posting

Walshy

Marcotti (ESPN) on Kono: "Yeah, agreement in principle, but race against time to get him visa and ironing last few isues with contract."

So confusing.

GorillaJu

Would rather pay an extra £15m for Ben Davis :p

Really? From what I've seen Taylor is a much better player than Davies, it's just Davies has done well since Taylor's injury and kept his place.

I wouldn't take Davies, would take Taylor if the price was right.

Don't think it's happening either way, mind. The "medical booked" thing is likely nonsense.

wedward

If anyone is looking for some serious Arsenal transfer muppetry on a similar level to last summers All-Star and beloved fallen hero, Wayne Gooney, might I suggest @ITKGiles.

He is essentially claiming to be an employ of the club and keeps posting pictures of him at hotels where he claims the club are meeting with players.

Giles ITK ‏@ITKGiles Jan 29
£32M for Draxler NOW/this window. I've called it all along. Let's see. It's in their interest to stall till the summer but money talks

Giles ITK ‏@ITKGiles Jan 29
Mövenpick Hotel Essen : showdown : countdown...let's go...let's have it #ITK

Giles ITK ‏@ITKGiles 9h
Incredible amount of optimism at the club over future signings & its hoped a conclusion can be made today.

Giles ITK ‏@ITKGiles 6h
Kellstrom real but bigger things in play #smokescreen

Giles ITK ‏@ITKGiles 2h
Many meetings over next few hours, thankfully they chose a hotel with a Starbucks #win #TransferDeadlineDay pic.twitter.com/o1dcefsWYu

#STARBUCKS

Dear Sky,

Please stop trying to convince us that this is exciting, and please stop revelling in the amount of money being spent.

Yours sincrerely,

the reasonable people of Earth

Meier

Last few January deadline days have been reet boring

I'm afraid nothing will ever top Carroll to Liverpool.

Last time City bought a player in January was in 2011 (Dzeko). No moves the past 3 years other than a Pizarro loan deal which was frankly a catastrophe (lost us the Arsenal game in the 11/12 run-in). I wasn't expecting anything until yesterday when the rumors got my hopes up. *shakes fist*

Hixx

Lee pls

Don't leave us with Colback and Larsson

Pls Lee

FUCK

FUCK YOU STOKE

FUCK EVERYTHING
leeleeleebizlk.png
leeleeleebizlk.png
leeleeleebizlk.png
leeleeleebizlk.png
leeleeleebizlk.png
leeleeleebizlk.png
leeleeleebizlk.png
leeleeleebizlk.png
leeleeleebizlk.png

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Dear Sky,

Please stop trying to convince us that this is exciting, and please stop revelling in the amount of money being spent.

Yours sincrerely,

the reasonable people of Earth

But literally ANYTHING could happen

Anything, think about what that could be, literally ANYTHING

Last time City bought a player in January was in 2011 (Dzeko). No moves the past 3 years other than a Pizarro loan deal which was frankly a catastrophe (lost us the Arsenal game in the 11/12 run-in). I wasn't expecting anything until yesterday when the rumors got my hopes up. *shakes fist*

If you hadn't lost that game, we wouldn't have got AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and Phil Jones' heart being broken live on air

It was a great transfer in hindsight :p

Lee pls

Don't leave us with Colback and Larsson

Pls Lee

FUCK

FUCK YOU STOKE

FUCK EVERYTHING
leeleeleebizlk.png
leeleeleebizlk.png
leeleeleebizlk.png
leeleeleebizlk.png
leeleeleebizlk.png
leeleeleebizlk.png
leeleeleebizlk.png
leeleeleebizlk.png
leeleeleebizlk.png

For some reason I think this kills your league cup chances. Cattermole would have been pretty vital in stopping Toure and to a lesser extent Fernandinho running forward at will. Who's your backup DM?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
United Gaf, Fellaini is coming back and, regardless of the games he has played, he has to be an asset when used well. Do you guys think he should start? And if so where do we fit him in our current 11?

Meier

If you hadn't lost that game, we wouldn't have got AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and Phil Jones' heart being broken live on air

It was a great transfer in hindsight :p

We actually still would have needed the win over QPR since a draw would have left us a point behind! Winning on GD was pretty damn satisfying though.

Cattermole is from Stockton-on-Tees? Town names in England make me laugh.

Tc91

United Gaf, Fellaini is coming back and, regardless of the games he has played, he has to be an asset when used well. Do you guys think he should start? And if so where do we fit him in our current 11?

--------------------rvp-----------------

mata-----------rooney--------adnan

-------carrick----------fellaini-------

Carrick and Fellaini have to find a way to play with each other for the rest of the season. Didn't work earlier on but they are our 2 best midfielders. It's bad that it's a slow pairing but if Fellaini pushed on and let Carrick sit it might work. Or we don't start him until we get a faster more dynamic CM in the summer.

Still think he'll come good for us though in some way or another.

Hixx

For some reason I think this kills your league cup chances. Cattermole would have been pretty vital in stopping Toure and to a lesser extent Fernandinho running forward at will. Who's your backup DM?

We move Ki back and we will have to do that in the final has BCuttz is cup-tied.

You signed that Brighton DM right? I'd imagine he'll take Cattermoles place.

In league and FA Cup games, yea. In the biggest game we have left, our midfield is going to be embarrassing...

Wilbur

Banned

The line up TC posts is my preferred one. Fellaini is better than Giggs and Cleverley. That's it, really.

We move Ki back and we will have to do that in the final has BCuttz is cup-tied.

In league and FA Cup games, yea. In the biggest game we have left, our midfield is going to be embarrassing...

Is Ki's tackling and positioning good enough to perform that role against a top class CM?

rodvik

Crazy. Surely someone bigger would've been in for him

Maybe some good scouting by Fulham. You always have this lingering doubt about top players from those league though, can they adjust to the pace of the English game? I guess we will find out. But out of the relegation teams (11 of them?) Fulham seems to have done the best business this window.

No. The final is a write-off now unless Cattermole would rather play in it and move in the summer.

No. He is hugely underrated.

I can't believe he's spurning the chance to play in probably the only final of his life, to move to a team who are as likely as you are to get relegated, under a more negative manager, in front of knobend fans in a city which is by most accounts worse than Sunderland. I can't imagine they'll be paying much more than you are either. Bizarre voluntary career move

wtf bjælke

@meatmansoccer

#Brondby apparently bid €3.8m for Diafra Sakho last night, which was rejected. No fresh bid today, interest looks ended. @jeremysmith98

rodvik

Villa is out of the party early.

Over to you guys.

"http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/breaking-news-aston-villa-pull-6655622

Aston Villa have abandoned their month-long interest in Wes Hoolahan and will not be making any signings before the window closes tonight.

Villa grew tired of Norwich's refusal to even talk about selling Hoolahan to them on Friday afternoon after having three bids rejected as the bad blood between the clubs rumbles on.

Hoolahan's future remains shrouded in mystery with reports from the press in East Anglia that another Premier League club have expressed an interest in the Irish playmaker.

There will be no incoming signings to add to the loan arrivals of Grant Holt and Ryan Bertrand earlier this month.

Villa's club doctor and physios travelled up to Merseyside with the squad ahead of Saturday's match at Everton, because there is no prospect of medicals for any new players taking place this evening. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom