• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
37m for him did always seem a bit steep, I'm more annoyed though that we haven't taken that money and tested other club's resolve for their top strikers.
37m is steep right now but if you want the best players you need to pay the price. Eden Hazard's price was steep at the time too but now look at it... not so steep anymore.

It's very annoying. You watch the same thing happen again over the summer with Wenger and his shit valuations of players. Great manager but fuck he annoys me in the transfer market.

Instead we humiliate ourselves with loan bids for 35yr old, no PL experience, Klose and bloody Kalou when we have a chance at winning the PL.

omgkitty

Thanks Wenger we just lost the player.

You fucking cunt.

Here's what I think happened. His release clause is active in the summer and not now. Chances are Schalke wanted more money now than if we wait until the summer for the release clause. Not to mention this shit has been pulled before where it's come out that the board had no problem spending the money and Arsene said no. I'm not really that heartbroken about all this, but if the summer comes and goes and Draxler has signed for someone else, then I'll be upset.

L1NETT

Khama I go slim dark suit with a pale neural colour shirt (you choose really, I'd go blue) and a slim line silk tie. But that looks better on me tbh, dunno how ermmmm, broad? You are

Avoid sock ties, loud shirts and brown shoes. Slim and classy.

Wilbur

Banned
37m is steep right now but if you want the best players you need to pay the price. Eden Hazard's price was steep at the time too but now look at it... not so steep anymore.

It's very annoying. You watch the same thing happen again over the summer with Wenger and his shit valuations of players. Great manager but fuck he annoys me in the transfer market.

Instead we humiliate ourselves with loan bids for 35yr old, no PL experience, Klose and bloody Kalou when we have a chance at winning the PL.

Draxler is not one of the best players, and not what you need coming into a high pressure period of the season. Why would 20 year old, no PL experience and much less overall experience be better than Klose for half a season?

Move for Draxler in the summer.

omgkitty

gun__1391188234_kallstrom3.jpg

Plasma

Banned

Or he could end up turning into another Reyes who knows, still more annoyed that we still haven't replaced RVP after three transfer windows.

Lightning

Banned
Draxler is not one of the best players, and not what you need coming into a high pressure period of the season. Why would 20 year old, no PL experience and much less overall experience be better than Klose for half a season?

Move for Draxler in the summer.
In the summer a lot of clubs will likely move for Draxler, our chances are almost non existent now that we allowed it to go that far. Draxler is not one of the best players, yet, but he is one of the best talents who will only get better. 37m sounds a lot now but it would have paid for itself in time.

Klose has had injury difficulty, the PL takes time adjusting too, especially for strikers.

When Theo got injured Wenger should have acted. Huge loss and now Ramsey too. 2 first team starters gone and 2 of our best players gone.

I hate this day!

Danchi

Kallstrom, at least, seems a nice guy...

I'm not really bothered by his perceived lack of quality (I'm not gonna pretend I remember much from seeing the odd CL game of his at Lyon, or use that as a barometer for his level now), but the fact he has barely played for Spartak lately is worrying. Arsenal need someone for the next two months with their injuries and suspensions.

January is usually about plugging gaps rather than buying superstars. It's naive (and kinda arrogant) to see transfers from one side of the coin. The other teams shouldn't simply bow down to the bigger guys.

Tc91

Ashley Gray ‏@AshleyWGray 2m
Seems the Yevhen Konoplyanka deal to Liverpool is off. Would have liked to see him in the Premier League. Maybe in the summer.

This just got retweeted by Olly Holt.

Baki

Tbh, I think Draxler is way overvalued. But we really should've brought in a £37m caliber player this window.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
J1LiPjh.jpg

The sexy beast that is Leigh "Thumb Head" Griffiths has arrived from the heights of League One. 20 goals in Europe guaranteed.

At26WkLCAAUv-j6.jpg

omgkitty

It seems the Ornstein tweet has been deleted. This one:

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
#Afc board were happy to meet #Schalke fee for Draxler & keen this month to avoid summer battle, but AW valuation lower & unwilling to budge

wedward

At this point, I'll take 2nd and FA cup. I really thought we'd bring in a striker.

I'd be very happy with that.

Or he could end up turning into another Reyes who knows, still more annoyed that we still haven't replaced RVP after three transfer windows.

It's hard to replace world class players.

SERIOUSLY DO PEOPLE NEVER READ MY POSTS HERE?

Haha sorry, I posted before getting further down the page. I read your posts!

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Good stuff sage, at least we aren't playing him tomorrow. He's mint mind

Roll on Leon Clarke
I knew it was a done deal when they signed about 10 strikers in his place - not sure they know what they're doing, you'll stroll past them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom