• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Chelsea. They will loose to City but they made smart signings and Mou is a master at picking wins against smaller teams.and that eventually will save Chelsea.

BUBJZdE.jpg

ibkUq34twdZZn4.gif

If Chelsea loses to City it's over.

Wilbur

Banned
People keep saying City's away form is duff but they haven't lost in all competitions for 20 games now.

Also guys. Give me a sexy song to play in the background tomorrow while I'm in a thong and downing a dirty pint.

Plasma

Banned
Wenger won't budge until he is able to get the player he wants. He has always been this way and even though we are currently in a good position he isn't going to let that sway him.

At this point I have accepted this is the way it will be until Wenger retires.

But I don't think he even has an idea of what striker he wants to buy otherwise surely we would have put a bid in for them now, we've had three transfer windows and we've had the money.

We went for Villa last January and didn't sign him in the summer because we wanted Higuain, we stopped trying to sign him when we thought we could get Suarez and after that we went after Ba because we were running out of time and there was no one else. We've had three months since the last transfer window to identify a striker that could improve the team and start negotiations, to come away with nothing just simply isn't good enough.

I love Wenger and I want him to stay but for the love of god he needs to wake up and realise our current crop of strikers are the worst he has ever had while managing the club.

Lightning

Banned
Wenger won't budge until he is able to get the player he wants. He has always been this way and even though we are currently in a good position he isn't going to let that sway him.

At this point I have accepted this is the way it will be until Wenger retires.
And it could end with Wenger having a longer trophyless streak than Moyes was Everton manager.

pappe

People keep saying City's away form is duff but they haven't lost in all competitions for 20 games now.

Also guys. Give me a sexy song to play in the background tomorrow while I'm in a thong and downing a dirty pint.
Who have City played away from home in the past 20 games?

Edit: They have to play Liverpool, Arsenal and United away.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Biabiany refused Lazio and Milan. Dude is high.

Seun don't worry about Molinaro, he's the least of your problems.

pls

It's Laurel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thea >>>> the mother >>>>>> the dudes

I want to kiss her eyes

is that weird
Not it's not weird.

But she looks way too classy and normal. I like them slutty like Thea.

wedward

But I don't think he even has an idea of what striker he wants to buy otherwise surely we would have put a bid in for them now, we've had three transfer windows and we've had the money.

We went for Villa last January and didn't sign him in the summer because we wanted Higuain, we stopped trying to sign him when we thought we could get Suarez and after that we went after Ba because we were running out of time and there was no one else. We've had three months since the last transfer window to identify a striker that could improve the team and start negotiations, to come away with nothing just simply isn't good enough.

I love Wenger and I want him to stay but for the love of god he needs to wake up and realise our current crop of strikers are the worst he has ever had while managing the club.

It's not just us though. Chelsea couldn't find one either. They just aren't out there. He isn't going to buy unless they are better than Giroud.

It changes every window. Who knows who will be available in the summer. You have to be ready for anyone and sometimes it's worth taking a gamble and waiting till the end of the window. Imagine if we hadn't waited and instead of Ozil we got Cabaye.

Hixx

@CardiffCityFC 5m
City confirm departure of striker Andreas Cornelius who returns to FC Copenhagen for an undisclosed fee. #DeadlineDay pic.twitter.com/fp9COxa735

Woodens boner just poked jesus in the face

Diego Costa is gonna solve all our problems next year.

He could be part of the solution, but still need the big physical threat... So Lukaku will need to stay or another player of his type brought in. I don't get the rumors of Lukaku leaving, if there's any truth to it, it must be because of a falling out with Mou, which wouldn't surprise me that much with how much shit Lukaku is talking.

Suen

Biabiany refused Lazio and Milan. Dude is high.

Seun don't worry about Molinaro, he's the least of your problems.

Not it's not weird.

But she looks way too classy and normal. I like them slutty like Thea.
Loyal guy. Lazio is shit and we're ahead of Milan this season (for now). Milan only wanted him on loan anyway and there's no way we're selling him less we have a proper replacement for him. He's been with us for a while now, is well integrated in the team and he is good. If we sell him it should:

1. Be in the summer
2. Be for a good price.

It's not just us though. Chelsea couldn't find one either. They just aren't out there. He isn't going to buy unless they are better than Giroud.

It changes every window. Who knows who will be available in the summer. You have to be ready for anyone and sometimes it's worth taking a gamble and waiting till the end of the window. Imagine if we hadn't waited and instead of Ozil we got Cabaye.
Thats a pretty low bar.

@CardiffCityFC 5m
City confirm departure of striker Andreas Cornelius who returns to FC Copenhagen for an undisclosed fee. #DeadlineDay pic.twitter.com/fp9COxa735

Woodens boner just poked jesus in the face

It has been erect for well over an hour now. With 2 minutes until transfer deadline our director of sports confirmed it on live tv....

ibg1fNgurOTEZm.gif

iboKcvKPIvD3tB.gif

L1NETT

Hahahah Leeds

Joke of a horrid little club. Clueless buffoons.

---

Hixx man get to Season 2 of Arrow sharpish (no pun intended). Grant > all those plastic tarts.

Lightning

Banned

We may get Benzema next summer when Madrid bring in their mega man.

pappe

I'll put it on the list

3-2 at WBA
1-1 at Saints
3-2 at Bayern
3-1 at Leicester
4-2 at Fulham
3-2 at Swansea
2-0 at Newcastle
3-0 at West Ham
5-1 at Spurs

Hardly any tough games. They have to play pool, arse and us away now. There is a good chance they will drop points there and Mou the grinder will keep picking up points.

Suen

I'd be happy with that.

Why do people keep repeating this? He dropped points at home 2 days ago.
He's an improvement over our current players but that's not saying much. What's good about him is that he isn't a scorer only; he assists as well.

Seriously? Giroud and Benzema? Have you taken the look at the French NT? They both are equally bad.
Giroud is a better finisher but Benz is much faster and more versatile in front of goal....and what I said above as well.

He could be part of the solution, but still need the big physical threat... So Lukaku will need to stay or another player of his type brought in. I don't get the rumors of Lukaku leaving, if there's any truth to it, it must be because of a falling out with Mou, which wouldn't surprise me that much with how much shit Lukaku is talking.

I really want them to keep Lukaku, a player of his size, speed and strength is something that could do wonders for this team. Hated the loan this season, and selling him would be fucking dreadful.

They need to keep Lukaku and bring back Drogba to train him. And bring back Sturridge.

wedward

Because they've been poor in addressing that problem themselves. You're in bad company. Not a particularly good excuse.

And you think it is more to do with negligence or incompetency, rather than with availability?

They quickly addressed the other areas they were lacking in.

Seriously? Giroud and Benzema? Have you taken a look at the French NT? They both are equally bad.

Is Arsenal the French National team? The French National team are one of the most dysfunctional, poorly ran national teams.

Hixx

So the Cattermole story seems to be this:

- Stoke bid low early today. Dismissed.
- Came back in the afternoon with a better offer, negotiations started. Around tea-time, £5m bid accepted.
- Cattermole is told to travel to Stoke to undergo a medical etc.
- Poyet does not want Cattermole to leave.
- Meanwhile Cattermole's agent agrees terms with Stoke.
- Poyet tells Short he really does not want Cattermole to leave.
- Short pulls plug on deal.

He really trusts Poyet. We finally have a manager that he trusts. After Keane, Bruce and his skepticism of O'Neill's transfer plans, he is backing Gus.

I like it.

Bad news is that it looks like Scocco will have to wait until the Hull game as it doesn't seem his international clearance has come through. Boooo.

wedward

When a team plays with 11 men behind the ball its tough to score. Most of the teams are gonna struggle scoring against those tactics.

And that's how most teams are going to set up against them. So if he can't do it against West Ham why do you think he is going to grind out results and keep picking up the points?

And you think it is more to do with negligence or incompetency than with availability?

They quickly addressed the other areas they were lacking in.

I absolutely think it's negligence.

They have all that money, which as you say they've spent, and yet they still don't have a top striker. They should have sorted it by now.

I don't quite understand your argument - that there aren't good strikers out there?

wedward

I absolutely think it's negligence.

They have all that money, which as you say they've spent, and yet they still don't have a top striker. They should have sorted it by now.

I don't quite understand your argument - that there aren't good strikers out there?

It's obvious Mourhino wants a striker. He talks about it constantly.

What strikers are available right now that are better than Giroud?

pappe

And that's how most teams are going to set up against them. So if he can't do it against West Ham why do you think he is going to grind out results and keep picking up the points?

Dont think many teams will set up exactly like that...with 9 players inside their own box. Only Allardyce can make his team do that.

wedward

Dont think many teams will set up exactly like that...with 9 players inside their own box. Only Allardyce can make his team do that.

Down the stretch when they are facing teams fighting off relegation they certainly will. And isn't that exactly what grinding out results is? Beating teams that set up like that. Winning ugly?

Wilbur

Banned
I just got shouted at for singing along to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcNbTxebfK0

its a winner

this had a chance but (see below)

Hardly any tough games. They have to play pool, arse and us away now. There is a good chance they will drop points there and Mou the grinder will keep picking up points.

Well you think Swansea are going to finish eighth, and Newcastle ARE eighth, so they're tough games. Southampton and Bayern as well, can't just say "no tough games" when Mourinho's just dropped two points at home to West Ham.

fuck me this is sexy. Winner.

Plasma

Banned
And you think it is more to do with negligence or incompetency, rather than with availability?

We sold RVP in the summer of 2012 and still haven't bought somebody in anyone to replace him I would definitely say that falls under negligence or incompetency.

pappe

Cole is a perm deal.

Rene pls. :(.
With all these permanent deals I am curious to know whether there is any buy back clauses in their contracts. I mean why would you spend years developing youngsters and then just flog half the team in one window.

It's obvious Mourhino wants a striker. He talks about it constantly.

What strikers are available right now that are better than Giroud?

In January, nobody.

But there's two points. You shouldn't just limit yourself to signing players who are "available" - especially when there is a clear need in your team.. But more importantly than that, Arsenal should have secured a better striker in the summer and the one before that when Giroud actually arrived.

Chelsea have been equally poor at sorting their problem - so what. Other teams have strengthen their strike-force. Both Arsenal and Chelsea could have done so and it's been an oversight by both. They may well be waiting for a specific type of player...which is fair enough, you don't buy someone you don't want.

Being picky goes both ways, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom