• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's off - we are idiotic when it comes to transfers. Ayre should of never been promoted from the commercial side of things, even if today wasn't entirely his fault.

So we can add Konoplyanka to the Salah, Mkhitaryan, Costa and Willian to players we've missed out on.

I think Liverpool have no idea how to make deals in Russia/Ukraine. They should stop trying.

Suen

:lol you're already dead.

I'm surprised how he has managed to move from first division sides to other first division sides after being completely shit everywhere. He should be playing in third division in England or something.
Parma%2BFC%2Bv%2BSSC%2BNapoli%2BSerie%2BA%2BvxmeYEj-t17l.jpg

Thanks for the info. I will give him a chance and see what he's capable of. Hopefully he'll put good performances despite how you guys describe him.

Plasma

Banned
How do we finish this window with less strikers than we started when we've needed a new forward for three transfer windows now. Really hope some journalists find their balls and question Wenger over this.

Also if Gazidis comes out with the "keeping the powder dry" until the summer he can kiss my arse, said the exact same thing last January and we didn't get a first team striker in the summer.

GorillaJu

Ayre doesn't help himself by leaking targets to the press only to spectacularly fail.

If anyone else in a regular job was as bad as his job as Ian Ayre is, they would of been sacked a long time ago.

No chance of that, bud. Liverpool are rolling in it with commercial deals and a lot of that is due to Ayre. May seem like a waste of effort but commercial deals are the future of football finances. Match day revenue is getting margianilized, regulations are controlling outside investments, and commercial sponsorships represent the best method of income for PL teams. In that competition we're up there in the top 4 or 5 in Europe in commercial income afaik.

Ayre may have been given too much responsibility on the footballing side and Werner and Henry will have been just as frustrated with our lack of strengthening as we are. In the end I am glad that we didn't waste money on players who won't actually improve the first team but I'm gutted we didn't give ourselves that little extra nudge toward finishing in the top 4, because I'll be honest the idea of battling it out for a spot in the table with Man Utd is intimidating to me. This is an especially nervous proposition with some of the poor results against lower table teams over the season.

Really wanted Kono, didn't care so much about Salah. Huge disappointment not getting your targets.

Walshy

Rodgers is part of the transfer committee making decisions. If it was just a breakdown of negotiations then there's clearly someone at fault but, if it's because there are 5 different agents all asking for some giant fee then Rodgers will have had a part in saying "fuck it, deals off"

He was a summer target originally and it may happen that we work out a deal between now and then. I still want him at Liverpool.
We don't know if thats the case. Konoplyanka will probably now never play for Liverpool - if we won't pay the agent fees now, why would we in the summer? They'll be dozens more clubs coming in for him in the summer when he has just six months left on his contract.

Hixx

I know people in here watch Arrow. Anyway there is this sad mag lass on twitter being... well, a sad mag. Anyway... she is the fucking SPIT of Laurel from the show.

It freaked me out how similar she looked. I thought it was a lad using a pic of the actress at first.

this post is for kyoufu who loves following attractive newcastle fans on twitter

We don't know if thats the case. Konoplyanka will probably now never play for Liverpool - if we won't pay the agent fees now, why would we in the summer? They'll be dozens more clubs coming in for him in the summer when he has just six months left on his contract.

Wat.

How much was the mooted fee for this deal. Is the £16m accurate? £16m for a dude who plays in Ukraine with a year left on his contract.

Seriously - this was a good miss for you guys.

wedward

How do we finish this window with less strikers than we started when we've needed a new forward for three transfer windows now. Really hope some journalists find their balls and question Wenger over this.

Ask yourself if it actually matters.

We lost Park. He was never going to play.

GorillaJu

Because the contacts and negotiations don't have to stop between now and the next window. Just because a player cannot be registered doesn't mean a deal cannot be struck.

If Ben Smith has it correct and the owner just refused to sign off on the transfer, it wasn't up to Ayre, us or whoever in the end he just doesn't want to sell his prized asset.

LegoArmo

That's the rub. This player shouldn't really be the deciding factor. But our simple brains will correlate the two and that will be that.

Not sure if a left winger/attacking midfielder is exactly what you needed anyway, but just don't think you'll get this good a chance again to finish 4th for awhile. It seems a bit like your owners are waiting until you do qualify to spend real money, being a bit stingy since Dalglish wasted 60m of theirs.

Walshy

Because the contacts and negotiations don't have to stop between now and the next window. Just because a player cannot be registered doesn't mean a deal cannot be struck.

If Ben Smith has it correct and the owner just refused to sign off on the transfer, it wasn't up to Ayre, us or whoever in the end he just doesn't want to sell his prized asset.
It still mindboggling to why we would spend three days to negotiate and do a medical when the owner didn't want to sell.

We should of had other targets.

L1NETT

Hixx grant gustin is the hottest person on arrow anyway,

At least kyo might appreciate it eh

Jeeez what a dull transfer deadline day. Not surprising though.

LTWheels

Yep, Sky Sports says that we triggered the release clause in the contract, did the medical and agreed terms with the player, but the President refused to sign the paper....

Hixx

Hixx grant gustin is the hottest person on arrow anyway,

At least kyo might appreciate it eh

Jeeez what a dull transfer deadline day. Not surprising though.

pls

It's Laurel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thea >>>> the mother >>>>>> the dudes

I want to kiss her eyes

is that weird

Lightning

Banned

Also if Gazidis comes out with the "keeping the powder dry" until the summer he can kiss my arse, said the exact same thing last January and we didn't get a first team striker in the summer.
I tell you the media are going to roast us for that window should the wheels come off our season. That was incredibly poor.

We didn't strengthen at all, we get injuries and haven't done anything about it. We have Flamini who stupidly got himself a 4 game suspension when the numbers are already tight and the players we lost are key players, they're not squad players. Walcott and Ramsey are key players and I know Ramsey will be back before the end of the season but he will miss ALL our tough fixtures. 6 weeks time is mid March, we play Chelsea then, he can't play that game because he wouldn't have played for 3 mths, week later it's Man City and he won't be match fit for that game either.

So we got trouble. Jack Wilshere has dodgy ankles, he's favoring them all the time, he can't play every week and now Ramsey injured.

And the striker situation is embarrassing. I don't think we inquired about half the players we were linked with but the whole situation sucks. Podolski hardly played in the last 12mths, Wenger doesn't seem to have confidence in his fitness. Bendtner is well... Bendtner and Sanogo hasn't played all season for us and had a back injury which resulted in delay after delay. What did we do about it? Nothing.

GorillaJu

They'll probs beat Arsenal at Anfield in a couple of weeks and we will lose at the Emirates the week after...so they're gonna be even further ahead.

Bad times.

Rodgers' Liverpool just don't beat Arsenal. They just steamroll over us every time. Maybe if the stars align and we set up the same way as against Everton, we'll have a chance at a point.

Plasma

Banned
I don't really consider Theo a striker.

He's primarily a winger but he can play upfront losing him meant we now have no plan B upfront, he was scoring quite a few when he came back as well we'll miss his goals.

I just can't for the life of me understand why we didn't sign anyone, everyone can see we need another striker and for the first time in years we have a real shot of winning some major silverware.

We have about 70m just sitting there doing absolutely nothing surely there are strikers around that could improve the team, even if no clubs want to sell them you stump up a bit more cash and they'll be tempted.

L1NETT

pls

It's Laurel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thea >>>> the mother >>>>>> the dudes

I want to kiss her eyes

is that weird

Whatcha talking bout lad. Tbf I don't find Colton Haynes that hot. He's too.....Abercrombie

I would flush the flash put it that way

Is that wierd?

wedward

He's primarily a winger but he can play upfront losing him meant we now have no plan B upfront, he was scoring quite a few when he came back as well we'll miss his goals.

I just can't for the life of me understand why we didn't sign anyone, everyone can see we need another striker and for the first time in years we have a real shot of winning some major silverware.

We have about 70m just sitting there doing absolutely nothing surely there are strikers around that could improve the team, even if no clubs want to sell them you stump up a bit more cash and they'll be tempted.

Wenger won't budge until he is able to get the player he wants. He has always been this way and even though we are currently in a good position he isn't going to let that sway him.

At this point I have accepted this is the way it will be until Wenger retires.

Zabojnik

I know people in here watch Arrow. Anyway there is this sad mag lass on twitter being... well, a sad mag. Anyway... she is the fucking SPIT of Laurel from the show.

It freaked me out how similar she looked. I thought it was a lad using a pic of the actress at first.

Eh, who cares about Laurel. Arrow's mum is way, way hotter, as is every other female on the show.

Hixx

I've only watched 6 episodes I have no idea of any of these names apart from those two women and Oliver.

Eh, who cares about Laurel. Arrow's mum is way, way hotter, as is every other female on the show.

She's a proper milf but Laurel is A+ tier.

Suen

Luckily I won't be able to hear you after I put you on ignore.

You aren't funny. You don't have an opinion about anything. You just post memes. You are a two team cunt.
Not only is he a two-team cunt, he's a disgusting two team cunt. Cheering for Juve among Madrid fans....disgusting pulga, disgusting.

moon.png

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
They'll probs beat Arsenal at Anfield in a couple of weeks and we will lose at the Emirates the week after...so they're gonna be even further ahead.

Bad times.

Im not going to lie the size of the task is rather overbearing at the moment, but I have to believe Liverpool will hit a bad patch and at some point we have to hit a good one, better to do it in the last half of the season than the first.

Well BBC have said that the President refused to sign as well...Echo saying the same as well...everything agreed but Pres refused...
Most likely It's all coming from the same source - the club on their damage limitation briefing.

May well be true though. Who knows.

pappe

My predictions for the top 6.

1. Chelsea. They will loose to City but they made smart signings and Mou is a master at picking wins against smaller teams.and that eventually will save Chelsea.

2. City. I know everyone expecta them to win but they will falter down the line. Their away form is tricky and their CBs are not totally reliable an injury to Kompany who has been injury prone will break them.

3. Arsenal. They will manage to put this debacle behind them and Wenger will manage to stay ahead of liverpool.

4. Liverpool. Their fixtures are easy and their sole focua is on the league. Rested players will help them bag 4th

5. United. Matas signing turns our fortunes but the horrible first half of the season will haunt us and we will **just** miss out on 4th.

6. Spurs. Sherwood is not reliable and their injury crisis keeps on getting worse. It will cost them.

7. Everton. Lack of squad depth will do them in.

8. Swansea. Michu will come back and save them.

9. Southampton. They managed to hold onto their players but they have run out of steam and they r gonna linger.

10. Aston Villa. They have a decent squad and have been playing decently.

Below that its any1s guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom