• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Lugano a lot. He's a captain's captain. Too bad he's been poop the last two years.

Tonight really isn't that big a test for Utd. It's Stoke... They're terrible. The best we can hope for as Liverpool fans is a controversial 1-1 draw or something but I really don't see that happening. It might not be "easy" but Man U is taking this one no question.

Loved watching Lugano a couple of years back for Uruguay, he was like a midway point between Puyol and Carragher. Hope he doesn't get back to that standard tomorrow. Need to go at them from the off, get an early goal, and twat them on the counter. Wish we were playing today and Man Utd tomorrow tbh, don;t really want to know how we respond to pressure from the chasing pack :p

TeddyBoy

I know what your saying Hitcher, I just think the funds we would raise from selling Suarez would help the squad overall. Rodgers doesn't buy players in bulk and the scouts can clearly find good targets.

If we keep Suarez great, but if a big offer comes in I wouldn't be opposed to selling him.

The squad isn't a complete, title-winning squad like City, but I think even without January reinforcements we can finish forth. No idea what sohois' statistical models look like, but unless United and Spurs have a huge lift in form, their chances of finishing above us aren't looking too bright.

We tend to be our own worst enemies, so if we can defeat our own tendency to capitulate then we've got a legit shot.

I think Sohois is using a model on RAWK called the Alternative Premier league table. I won't explain the hole thing, but it plots your points total against expected points (which vary depending on who you play and if your at home or away). Using that, United are quite a bit behind if they want to get fourth as they've lost at home to quite a few of the weaker teams already.

Facism

RIP Aragones.

My only real memories of him are when he managed Fenerbahce and looked like he was waiting for a bus in the dugout. Every game. Plus his unshakable faith in Dani Guiza.

I know what your saying Hitcher, I just think the funds we would raise from selling Suarez would help the squad overall. Rodgers doesn't buy players in bulk and the scouts can clearly find good targets.

If we keep Suarez great, but if a big offer comes in I wouldn't be opposed to selling him.

We'll just have to call it a difference of opinion :p

I'll be devestated if we get 4th and he still leaves, even if we replaced him with Costa or someone (like he isn't going straight to Chelsea as soon the summer transfer window opens)

No squad is as complete as City. It's ridiculous. For the next few seasons it's going to be a arms race between City and Chelsea as there owners play a boxing match with their football clubs.

They obviously still don't think it's complete what with the deal they tried to do yesterday. Fucking crazy considering that net spend of half a billion pounds over the last five years.

Surprisingly keen on this first lot of games.

Ole might deploy ZahALLAH. Villa are going to make us all proud and nick points off that sack of on-loan wankers. Newcastle are going to lose spectacularly.

Forza Tan!

sal and kida

PtH7iUM.gif

halp

Of course! We do this too.

and it backfired a few of times with Chiellini because he's always fine.
KuGsj.gif
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

i5irCdTHvqfNe.gif

They obviously still don't think it's complete what with the deal they tried to do yesterday. Fucking crazy considering that net spend of half a billion pounds over the last five years.

Did Porto insist that they buy them both, or neither of them? Mangala makes complete sense, Fernando seems like a complete vanity purchase though.

edit: Have a go at my cultural insensitivity if you want. Call me racist if you wish. Call me a twat if you must.

But the Haka looks bloody stupid.

TeddyBoy

We'll just have to call it a difference of opinion :p

I'll be devestated if we get 4th and he still leaves, even if we replaced him with Costa or someone (like he isn't going straight to Chelsea as soon the summer transfer window opens)

Haha, yeah sure. I'm still thinking we're favourites for fourth, it was a big win over Everton.

Looking forward to Sunderland vs Newcastle later, c'mon Sunderland!

"For him, it's a job. I played with Benni at Spurs and in the national team. He used to not even know who we were playing against. Sometimes he would say about opponents or team-mates in the national team when the squad was changing, 'Bass, who's that?'

"The best one I remember about Benni was when we were having the team photo at Tottenham and he arrived late, so we were all waiting for him. When he came, he apologised and was shaking hands with the players. Rafael van der Vaart had just signed and I was next to him. So Benni was shaking hands and when he got to Rafa, he shook his hand, stood still and looked at him. And then he asked me in French: 'Who's that?' I said: 'It's Van der Vaart.'

"Benni said: 'OK, nice to meet you.' Harry [Redknapp, the Spurs manager] had to explain. He told Rafa: 'Don't worry, he doesn't know who you are, he doesn't know anything about football, but he's a great player.'"

lol BAE is brilliant!

Salazar

"My motive wasn't to deliberately mislead people, my motive was to air my opinions on the biggest possible platform, and to flood them around the world," he told BBC Trending radio. Fed up with being a teenager who no-one takes seriously, he began - aged 16 - to pose as a football scout turned journalist by the name of Dominic Jones,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-25979832

That makes you more of a twat than your basic liar, lad.

in other news.

1621678_830847946931898_667759391_n.jpg
What does it say? Sorry but I don't speak German.

Fernando Torres tells the story of Luis Aragonés before 2008 final. Kept calling Ballack 'Wallace' in team talk. Eventually, a player... [1]

...says: 'Boss, he's called Ballack'. Aragonés responds: 'I'll call him whatever I feel like'. In the tunnel before the game the two ... [2]

...teams are lined up. Players are nervous. Aragonés winks at Spain players and turns to Ballack and says 'good luck Wallace'. [3]

Fuck Ballack. Free Milchmonster.

lol, Fuck Wallace

And RIP Aragones

Linius

Where's Bacon? He should manage Feyenoord PR, his manager is leaving at the end of the season.

Rip Feyenoord and Aragones.

Feorax

Everton v Villa will be one to watch today. Everton just couldn't deal wih us on the counter on Tuesday, and if there's one team that know how to counter effectively, it's Villa.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Everton v Villa will be one to watch today. Everton just couldn't deal wih us on the counter on Tuesday, and if there's one team that know how to counter effectively, it's Villa.

Everton looked an utter shambles in the derby, way too many players who were obviously not match-fit. I can see this one being a struggle for them.

L1NETT

Right. Time to start Knack.

Right. Time to stop
Haven't played it. Looks garbage though

---

Wolves are going to shred us a new one. Andrew Davies vs the world today.

Leeds vs Hudders should be blooming interesting today eh Arkon. QPR Burnley obvs the standout fixture there.

--

I love my club

All this means that Season Tickets for next season at the Coral Windows Stadium will remain at £99.00 for juniors, £149.00 for senior citizens and students, and £199 for adults.
FlexiCards will also be priced at £50.00.

Feorax

Everton looked an utter shambles in the derby, way too many players who were obviously not match-fit. I can see this one being a struggle for them.

And then they're away to your lot next week. Not a good run of fixtures for them at all.

I actually didn't realise it was Spurs v Everton next week. Takes a bit of pressure off us having to play Arsenal.

Arnie

Right. Time to start Knack.
It's actually surprisingly alright.

I got given it so I didn't have to pay, like, but I started it on hard and it's a fairly solid bit of fun. Had more fun with it than I did with Killzone, that's for sure.
Praying for a Delph gesundblaster.

Kyoufu

I only got 2 hours of sleep and the Tyne-Wear derby is in 2 hours. I didn't have dinner last night so if we lose I won't even have the energy to punch a horse.

Ashes

Banned
Sunderland are on their way up. Newcastle are on their way down.

Hard to call the result. but I reckon Ameobi will score in a 1-1 draw.

Arnie

Rodgers post derby

“I remember watching Bayern Munich against Barcelona last year and it was 9-0 on aggregate over the two legs. Barcelona dominated possession as you’d expect but everyone could see over the course of the two games the team with the most dangerous possession was Bayern.

“If you look at every team in the Premier League when a team goes in front, naturally the opposition will look to have more of the ball, especially when you go 3-0 up. So we were able to dominate the game without the ball. Tactically, from where we are from when I arrived 18 months ago, it was very, very pleasing.”

Hope Newcastle win. Fucking Poyet

Nuke-us-all Nuke-us-all Nuke-us-all!
Nuke-us-all Nuke-us-all Nuke-us-aaallll!
Nuke-us-all NUKE-US-ALL!

dc89

Right. Time to stop
Haven't played it. Looks garbage though

It's actually surprisingly alright.

I got given it so I didn't have to pay, like, but I started it on hard and it's a fairly solid bit of fun. Had more fun with it than I did with Killzone, that's for sure.

Yeah it's actually quite neat! Simple premise but it's pretty fun and I'm playing on hard too. Even the tutorial enemies can kill you pretty easy!

Arnie

Hope Newcastle win. Fucking Poyet

Nuke-us-all Nuke-us-all Nuke-us-aaallll!
Nuke-us-all NUKE-US-ALL!

I'm the opposite, quite like Poyet and Pardew's a fucking pleb.

Just prefer Sunderland in general, to be honest.

Have to say, and I don't know why this is, but I just generally don't get that excited for Tyne-Weir derbies. Never have and most likely never will. Perhaps it's because the quality of football and footballers on show is far below that of other derbies, I'm not sure.

sans Borini of course

Did Bayern not beat Barca by that margin over the two legs?

Kyoufu

I'm the opposite, quite like Poyet and Pardew's a fucking pleb.

Just prefer Sunderland in general, to be honest.

Have to say, and I don't know why this is, but I just generally don't get that excited for Tyne-Weir derbies. Never have and most likely never will. Perhaps it's because the quality of football and footballers on show is far below that of other derbies, I'm not sure.

Better atmosphere than other derbies at least.

I can't hate Pardew, he's the Alan Partridge of football management.

Anywho, would really like to see West Ham pick up a win today, but coming off the back of a good performance and the game's on TV? Humiliating defeat it is. *sigh*.

Arnie

A load of fat topless Geordies and Hixx does not a good atmosphere make

Also be interested to know how many derbies Koof's actually attended, too. Not having a go, like, just making the point that it's very easy to claim that 'X has a better atmosphere than Y' when in reality such a claim has about as much fucking science behind it as an Arsenal fan's Christmas list.

On that note it seems my first away of the season is the FA Cup game at the Emirates. Mate's coming down to stay and he's getting me a ticket on his brother's season ticket. Few pints of the Guinness and I'll be spitting expletives in Wenger's direction.

Kyoufu

By what metric? And how are you measuring it?

Seems like a fairly rote comment without any real substance.

Sheer noise levels are far higher than other so-called local derbies in the premier league. The London ones sound like a graveyard in comparison.

Everyone thinks their derby is the best derby.

West Ham vs Millwall, for instance, is a true derby for the ages. No one remembers exactly why we despise each other, but it may have something to do with Millwall factory workers refusing to strike back in the day. Now, a good 100 years on, meetings between the two teams are few and far between, but never have I experienced a more electric atmosphere at a football game than at West Ham vs Millwall confrontations. The menace is palpable.

Wilbur

Banned
Also be interested to know how many derbies Koof's actually attended, too. Not having a go, like, just making the point that it's very easy to claim that 'X has a better atmosphere than Y' when in reality such a claim has about as much fucking science behind it as an Arsenal fan's Christmas list.

On that note it seems my first away of the season is the FA Cup game at the Emirates. Mate's coming down to stay and he's getting me a ticket on his brother's season ticket. Few pints of the Guinness and I'll be spitting expletives in Wenger's direction.

You'll get to see him fucking about with his coat live

We got quite a substantial amount of money from our grandparents for Christmas, and I've been hesitant to pull the trigger in an Old Trafford ticket for a while because of travel, hotels, tickets (fuck you Shanks, you cannot mock my wallet). Will probably just fucking go for it. Shame we're not in the cup anymore lool

Arnie

Sheer noise levels are far higher than other so-called local derbies in the premier league. The London ones sound like a graveyard in comparison.

All I could find on the subject is this.

And I don't think you can measure noise levels through the television, which I'm assuming is your method for judging derby atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom