• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Sad news about Aragones. Arguably the reason why Spain has become the beautiful monster it is today.

Bla please. I long for the day we return to the Bobby Robson heyday - Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Newcastle. None of this 'two clubs from Manchester, two from London'. Utterly get fucked Spurs, two from North London is absurd.

I'll also accept Villa, Southampton, et al. Give us some diversity.

Stop daydreaming Nathan, darling. Manchester undoubtedly is blue now, there's no fighting it, might as well just lie down and hope the Ingeniero brought some lube with him.

Luckily I won't be able to hear you after I put you on ignore.

You aren't funny. You don't have an opinion about anything. You just post memes. You are a two team cunt.

Portal_fe1f07_2067760.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
The London derbies. About as intense as Antiques Roadshow.

you wait until your nan comes home with a punctured ovary because she grabbed the wrong china plates you heartless monster

Stop daydreaming Nathan, darling. Manchester undoubtedly is blue now, there's no fighting it, might as well just lie down and hope the Ingeniero brought some lube with him.

When Aguero goes to Madrid and Yaya goes to PSG and Hart goes to Blackpool, we'll see.

Arnie

Everyone thinks their derby is the best derby.

West Ham vs Millwall, for instance, is a true derby for the ages. No one remembers exactly why we despise each other, but it may have something to do with Millwall factory workers refusing to strike back in the day. Now, a good 100 years on, meetings between the two teams are few and far between, but never have I experienced a more electric atmosphere at a football game than at West Ham vs Millwall confrontations. The menace is palpable.
My colleague's a West Ham fan and after the Newcastle game he went to a pub in central London for a pint with a friend. He'd already had a few by this point and he said that him and his mate were being quite loud and bolshy at their table. They both went for a piss and left their stuff at the table, only to come back and find two lads in their seats.

"Excuse me we were sitting here."

"We know."

"Can we have our seats back?"

"Do you know where you are, son?"

The men point to a sign above the door that says 'number one Millwall supporters club'. My colleague looked towards the West Ham scarf on the table and thoroughly shat his pants.

The men then forced them to have a pint with them in a sort of hostage situation before they were allowed to leave, but by all accounts my colleague tells me he spent that 15 minutes convinced he was about to be fucking battered.
You'll get to see him fucking about with his coat live

We got quite a substantial amount of money from our grandparents for Christmas, and I've been hesitant to pull the trigger in an Old Trafford ticket for a while because of travel, hotels, tickets (fuck you Shanks, you cannot mock my wallet). Will probably just fucking go for it. Shame we're not in the cup anymore lool
Let your Granny's money fuel an up close and personal encounter with the slug himself. See the way the Old Trafford light scatters beneath his translucent skin, re-projecting a grey hue from the depths of his soul.

Wilbur

Banned
Arnie tell me, on a scale of one to the intimate depths of Vanessa Feltz's vagina, how deep were the crevices in Moyeezus' face up close?

Arnie

Arnie tell me, on a scale of one to the intimate depths of Vanessa Feltz's vagina, how deep were the crevices in Moyeezus' face up close?

I've never seen anything so utterly endless. It was like being fired from a cannon into space with the velocity of a Phil Jones penalty.

pulga

Banned
you wait until your nan comes home with a punctured ovary because she grabbed the wrong china plates you heartless monster

When Aguero goes to Madrid and Yaya goes to PSG and Hart goes to Blackpool, we'll see.

Then they'll just buy Cavani, Lopez and Busquets. It's best just to come to terms with it, really. Your time in the sun is over, be grateful good old froggie took you above Liverpool in the silverware department, should buy you an odd 20+ years before you're dethroned by the boys in blue.

L1NETT

Everyone does always say their derby is the best one, tis true. Personally it's a lot to do with the regularity/irregularity you meet you rivals. Their seems to be a London "derby" every other week, so they do go a bit stale. Plus Skydoch loves to big up anything resembling a derby as one. "Next week on Super sunday it's the big London derby....of Fulham vs Spurs!"

Would have thought next time the Old Firm meet will be one to remember.

Wilbur

Banned
Then they'll just buy Cavani, Lopez and Busquets. It's best just to come to terms with it, really. Your time in the sun is over, be grateful good old froggie took you above Liverpool in the silverware department, should buy you an odd 20+ years before you're dethroned by the boys in blue.

Yeah I'm not scared of Skeletor and the Squid of Badia. You don't think Fellaini's scared of elbowing a double Champions League winner do you? He's going to turn Busquets' face into a Madeira cake

http://i4.cdnds.net/14/04/618x411/phil-jones-of-manchester-united-fails-to-score-from-his-penalty-kick.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

That URL name doesn't even begin to describe the calamity of that fucking penalty

phil-jones-of-some-lancashire-crack-den-kicks-a-ball-so-high-phineas-fogg-is-calling-him-a-cunt.jpg

Yeah I'm not scared of Skeletor and the Squid of Badia. You don't think Fellaini's scared of elbowing a double Champions League winner do you? He's going to turn Busquets' face into a Madeira cake

That URL name doesn't even begin to describe the calamity of that fucking penalty

phil-jones-of-some-lancashire-crack-den-kicks-a-ball-so-high-phineas-fogg-is-calling-him-a-cunt.jpg

:lol

Everyone does always say their derby is the best one, tis true. Personally it's a lot to do with the regularity/irregularity you meet you rivals. Their seems to be a London "derby" every other week, so they do go a bit stale. Plus Skydoch loves to big up anything resembling a derby as one. "Next week on Super sunday it's the big London derby....of Fulham vs Spurs!"

Would have thought next time the Old Firm meet will be one to remember.

As you said it's Sky doing that. Fulham are just another Premier League team to us. It's not like Arsenal or Chelsea or West Ham.

L1NETT

Krul; Debuchy, Williamson, S.Taylor, Santon; Tiote (c), Sissoko, Anita; Ben Arfa, Shola Ameobi, Sammy Ameobi.

Elliot, Dummett, Haidara, Yanga-Mbiwa, Marveaux, Armstrong, de Jong

Hmmmmm. Ameohdearobi aside, still a decent outfit.

pulga

Banned
so what games are on today

oh barca get a visit from vale-

tsIZKG6.png

oh em gee

i can hear the clank reverberating through the deepest crevices of my head already

bueno.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Newcastle are going to win this easily. Altidore is playing.

The Times today confirm that Moyes tried to swap Nani for Andros Townsend.

ihavenoideawhatimdoing.gif

L1NETT

He's off his rocker truly. Townsend had what, a month of good form now he's good enough for the Champions of England.

Moyes what are you doing.

(If dopey United fans chunder out bububububub he's better than Valencia. Nah)

Ushojax

No idea what happened in that game. Strange stuff happened.

What happened is the same thing that Bayern have done against Chelsea and Arsenal in the past. They assumed the game was over and dropped their concentration.

As much as I love Friday evening games, no BVB on Saturday sucks.

Now, hoping for Wolfsburg to fuck Schlacke and my boys Leitner and Werner destroying Leverkusen.

Elchele

As much as I love Friday evening games, no BVB on Saturday sucks.

Now, hoping for Wolfsburg to fuck Schlacke and my boys Leitner and Werner destroying Leverkusen.

Don't understand why Bayern are playing on Sunday, yet Stuttgart are playing today. Bundesliga pls

Hannover vs Gladbach should be good

Elchele

Looks like LvG is sick of coaching the Netherlands national team, he is thinking about retire after the WC unless a great opportunity comes.

Hixx

All I could find on the subject is this.

And I don't think you can measure noise levels through the television, which I'm assuming is your method for judging derby atmosphere.

Fucking loooooooooool

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

If you think our stadium is the quietest

Muppets

http://supportersnotcustomers.com/2013/10/28/sunderland-2-newcastle-1/

Written by a Leeds fan

"I have witnessed club anthems at Inter, Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund to name just a few, and this was just as loud as the noise produced by 100,000 inside the Camp Nou. Liverpool are (rightly) world famous for their rendition of You’ll Never Walk Alone, but when they sing it like this, Sunderland and Wise Men Say should certainly be mentioned in the same breath as The Kop."

"The substitute takes a touch, before drilling an unstoppable shot from long range into the back of the net past the despairing dive of Tim Krul. The noise is like nothing I have ever heard in England before, as the Sunderland fans react with a mixture of joy, amazement and relief. Chaos reigns, as the celebrating masses let out their months of frustration in one euphoric moment. Several grown men around me are in tears, as bodies fall to the ground as far as the eye can see. A fan leaps from his seat in the row in front on top of me, with both of us falling backwards over a seat into the back row of the stadium. Bodies appear from all over the place, a pile of sheer Wearside joy."

Gan lick a hoop.

Arnie

Fucking loooooooooool

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

If you think our stadium is the quietest

Muppets

http://supportersnotcustomers.com/2013/10/28/sunderland-2-newcastle-1/

Written by a Leeds fan

"I have witnessed club anthems at Inter, Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund to name just a few, and this was just as loud as the noise produced by 100,000 inside the Camp Nou. Liverpool are (rightly) world famous for their rendition of You’ll Never Walk Alone, but when they sing it like this, Sunderland and Wise Men Say should certainly be mentioned in the same breath as The Kop."

"The substitute takes a touch, before drilling an unstoppable shot from long range into the back of the net past the despairing dive of Tim Krul. The noise is like nothing I have ever heard in England before, as the Sunderland fans react with a mixture of joy, amazement and relief. Chaos reigns, as the celebrating masses let out their months of frustration in one euphoric moment. Several grown men around me are in tears, as bodies fall to the ground as far as the eye can see. A fan leaps from his seat in the row in front on top of me, with both of us falling backwards over a seat into the back row of the stadium. Bodies appear from all over the place, a pile of sheer Wearside joy."

Gan lick a hoop.

just an FYI I don't write for the bbc hickle

i am not Tiger Terry

Don't understand why Bayern are playing on Sunday, yet Stuttgart are playing today. Bundesliga pls

Actually, it's very simple why you play on Sunday. The DFL tries to achieve that every Bundesliga team has a similiar amound of matches on Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays. Those teams playing in the CL will always play on Saturday, that's why DFL tries to let them play on Friday or Sunday when there's no CL. Also see BVB playing on Friday yesterday.

Ushojax

Looks like LvG is sick of coaching the Netherlands national team, he is thinking about retire after the WC unless a great opportunity comes.

He's waiting for the Tottenham job, he already said that.

lpd8nQQ.gif
lpd8nQQ.gif
lpd8nQQ.gif

Let the power of Altidore compels you. Let the power of Altidore compels you. Let the power of Altidore compels you. Let the power of Altidore compels you. Let the power of Altidore compels you. Let the power of Altidore compels you.

lpd8nQQ.gif
lpd8nQQ.gif
lpd8nQQ.gif

Blablurn

He brought us on the right track. It might have been a rough ending but he started it all. Legit coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom